Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Red Flags do you look for in Trading?

Zahnny

Question

Unfortunately, I cannot name and shame but I've just had the recent experience of seeing the exact same trade offer appearing in two seperate region trade chats, by two different users. That was my first red flag.

Secondly, I unfortunately had traded with one of them thinking it was coincidence, turns out the person I had traded with ran out of Daily Trades and had invited a "friend" to do the rest of the trades with.

• Like 1

20 answers to this question

40 минут назад, Zahnny сказал:

Unfortunately, I cannot name and shame but I've just had the recent experience of seeing the exact same trade offer appearing in two seperate region trade chats, by two different users. That was my first red flag.

Secondly, I unfortunately had traded with one of them thinking it was coincidence, turns out the person I had traded with ran out of Daily Trades and had invited a "friend" to do the rest of the trades with.

09nCwx4n_400x400.jpeg

Probably another riven post.

• unable to reply to a price that was requested, meaning you have no clue if the player is interested in the trade or not
  • replying inconclusive responses, like smilies "lol" and other variations, anything that isn't a concrete reply
  • Unable to do a concrete reply when asked directly
  • lecturing the user on the correct price
  • Insisting in lecturing the seller on the correct price
  • Posting trading history with other players, or replying things that are not necessary in the trade negotiations
  • multiple prices (prices go up or down during the chat, sometimes even when you are already at the dojo)
  • changing the deal altogether after acepting on a trade.
  • accusations of scaming, toxic behavior etc.

What i'm saying here is that in some cases like the lack of replies, i don't really bother much, it's not a huge deal, lecturing the seller or taking things as a joke is an instant ignore, things like buying something for 200 and then placing 199 in the trade UI is an instant ignore aswell, if i can't rely on the user statements and agreements then it's better not to interact further, it may be just 1 plat, but those jokes while trading don't fall well with me and i instantly consider the trade as a deal alteration, trade is dismissed.

I also sometimes post certain rivens, to lure said players out, i anounce a pretty big price intentionally (that i will sadly have to agree if the other player accepts), but it usually causes a reaction intentionally to see who remains respectfull during a trade and who doesn't, the idea asside from the profit is to filter trade chat from time to time, leaving only the potential and worthwhile traders.

Trade chat is anoying to deal with, but overall good trades can be done and since i have a decent amount of plat, it's not like i'm seeking more right when i anounce a trade, i let things flow their natural course while filtering the undesired players.

Some know this 1st hand

With me, conduct comes 1st, trade 2nd, if the trade is dimissed, no budget is big enough to resume said trade, because again, i don't seek easy profit at all costs

Edited by KIREEK

I don't really watch for anything in particular; I just check various sites for pricing info and make the call.

I don't trade rivens (which is where most of the trouble seems to start), and I generally do not ever trade (in either direction) more than about 100 plat at any given time. 

I mean, I have 22 trades a day - I can sell 10-plat mods all day and have plenty of platinum to keep me supplied with whatever I need. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

My favorite is when they dont respect your time, and want it to be convenient for themselves only.

"Hey i want to buy XXX item" but doesnt mention the price I listed it for. So I respond with a simple "okay I'll invite, just a moment"

Get a response with "oh hold on I'm in a mission"

SO naturally I sold it to the next guy who asks.

I later get a response (about 20 minutes) with "hey you still got XXX?"

I of course being the good guy I am, go "Yeah hold on, im in a mission atm, just a moment" (not on a mission btw)

He responds about 5 minutes later with "hey dude you done or what?"

"Yeah I forgot, one moment I'll invite"

He joins, and waits...and waits... "hey man you gonna trade me or what"

"Yeah just a second"

About 30 seconds later i open trade to him, and just sit there for about 40 seconds

"Dude wtf"

"Oh sorry," And i begin putting up some random items for trade"

"Dude not xxx the XXX"

Continue cycling through random items until he finally realizes what I'm doing and leaves with a "f*** you"

I dont get how some people make things so complex, while other decent IQ individuals can provide me the smoothest quickest transactions. a simple "hey i wtb XX for XXplat" *invite--trade--say our ty and good days* and done.

Rivens kind of go without saying for me - popular rivens (Lanka, Rubico, Opticor, etc) are riven-for-riven trades only. With the potential threat of "bad plat" (and seeing it happen to a friend of mine), I generally don't look to trade for absurd amounts of plat despite the influx of people who collect plat. 

Second thing I look for if it is a riven I compare it to whatever I have, since I try to keep a few popular rivens for reference sake. If I know the value of my riven (or the approximate thereof), I check with the trader's riven to see what stats are on there. 95% of the time they are overpricing their mediocre rivens, just for the fact they are for a certain weapon that recently got popular or Primed.

For general items like blueprints and whatnot, I just use Warframe market. The people who sell on Trade Chat tend to have higher-than-market prices for their sets, and you get what you want. It's an unfortunate way to circumvent the Trade Chat and avoid the system completely, however it's really the only way for me to avoid getting bad trades from that cluster#*!%.

24 минуты назад, TeaVice сказал:

My favorite is when they dont respect your time, and want it to be convenient for themselves only.

"Hey i want to buy XXX item" but doesnt mention the price I listed it for. So I respond with a simple "okay I'll invite, just a moment"

Get a response with "oh hold on I'm in a mission"

SO naturally I sold it to the next guy who asks.

I later get a response (about 20 minutes) with "hey you still got XXX?"

I of course being the good guy I am, go "Yeah hold on, im in a mission atm, just a moment" (not on a mission btw)

He responds about 5 minutes later with "hey dude you done or what?"

"Yeah I forgot, one moment I'll invite"

He joins, and waits...and waits... "hey man you gonna trade me or what"

"Yeah just a second"

About 30 seconds later i open trade to him, and just sit there for about 40 seconds

"Dude wtf"

"Oh sorry," And i begin putting up some random items for trade"

"Dude not xxx the XXX"

Continue cycling through random items until he finally realizes what I'm doing and leaves with a "f*** you"

I dont get how some people make things so complex, while other decent IQ individuals can provide me the smoothest quickest transactions. a simple "hey i wtb XX for XXplat" *invite--trade--say our ty and good days* and done.

Says the guy who does all the gymnastics above...

Because wrtiting sold or just ignoring is too mainstream these days. Wasting 10 times more of your time in a process will surely teach him next time.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

Says the guy who does all the gymnastics above...

Because wrtiting sold or just ignoring is too mainstream these days. Wasting 10 times more time in a process.

Sometimes there are things that give me enjoyment from my time spent. That is one of them.

I trade on warframe market and the trade chat (usually filtered to WTB what Im selling on market)....and the thing that gets me pissed is when someone messages me and says they want to buy an item at my asking price...say like 50p. They get to the dojo then "oh I only got 30p...can I have it for 30p pleazzzzzze"....I'll say no then they call me !@#$%^ names, block me and leave. I mean I'm a pretty negotiable guy and if you message me and be like "hey I'm new, I only got 30p and I really need that mod, can we negotiate?" I'll usually negotiate to some middle ground. But don't get me to invite you to my dojo and then tell me you want to offer 20p less than my asking price...

• Like 1

When people message to buy something when my status in Warframe.Market is set to 'invisible'. 

That's usually an indication my price is too low. Most of the time I ignore them, unless I have time and it's a good price.

Other things that make me go ...NO

- people putting up a WTB and logging of 20 seconds later.

- people that want to buy something because they heard it's a must have even although they don't have the MR level, experience, know how needed nor the plat to pay for it.

e.g. an MR4 wanting a maxed out Bite mod for 20p and not even having a Kubrow or Kavat made yet.

Then again you have people silly enough to actual selll on way beneath the value of something. Only yesterday I saw someone sell a maxed out Bite for 110p. Considering that Bite easily sells for 100p (0.01% chance of dropping afterall) that meant the buyer got 30k endo and 1.5million credits worth for 10p.

I used to ask for that nice "PMO" thingy. I realized it does not work, because even if you write "PM me with an OFFER", people will still message me asking for a price.

On the other hand, when it comes to other people, and I PM an offer, it makes me sound like I insulted them. If you're going to push aside something like that, then you know the value of what you're selling, and you obviously care about it: have some price indication, specify that you can bargain for it, but don't be secretive if you're going to be a jerk.

Also, don't be afraid of ignoring anyone who is rude to you over a price or a trade, it goes a long way.

• Like 1

Watch out if the dojo looks like a cross between Martha Stewart's kitchen and the Dark Tower of Sauron.

Also if the guy is playing flesh-colored Limbo and asks if you want to try the "ball and cup game", nod politely and when he turns his back,  jump out the nearest airlock.

21 hours ago, Ivalyth said:

I used to ask for that nice "PMO" thingy. I realized it does not work, because even if you write "PM me with an OFFER", people will still message me asking for a price.

On the other hand, when it comes to other people, and I PM an offer, it makes me sound like I insulted them. If you're going to push aside something like that, then you know the value of what you're selling, and you obviously care about it: have some price indication, specify that you can bargain for it, but don't be secretive if you're going to be a jerk.

Also, don't be afraid of ignoring anyone who is rude to you over a price or a trade, it goes a long way.

This is one of the reasons I never respond to want-to-sells that don't list a price, and I always list a desired price in my want-to-buys. I'll negotiate on a final price, but I'm not doing it without a starting point listed.