Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn's Aegis Storm has one flaw that really bothers me.

(PSN)Yes-Man-Kablaam

I made a topic a little while back about some tweaks to Hildryn but i want to put this up separate since it's honestly a big deal to me unlike the other things where it's more of a take it or leave it. It admittedly doesn't come up much but it's annoying and makes Aegis Storm feel bad in some cases. There's a very strict height limit on Hildryn's Aegis Storm. you can fly a certain bit up but it's limiting like the old "Ceiling" in PoE that archwing had for a while which was equally infuriating. I just want 2 changes.

1. let me go higher just in general. I dunno if i could say it should be unlimited (not sure how it works right off for Titania) but it's not particularly high and things get wonky sometimes when you're moving from different elevations like a lower floor you just drop suddenly and awkwardly. possibly increase shield drain at higher elevations once your CC is no longer touching the floor or something to that effect to discourage just flying up as high as you can or something odd if need be.

2. Hildryn can't actually fly over pits. it's really weird to me her flight ability can't actually cross gaps since it's based on the floor below you just try and you sink into the pit anyways. this at the very least i would say is an important change. flying around in some tile sets doing the balefire aegis combo is fun until you just drop into a pit (or lakes) and feel silly especially since you're up enough you might not notice it unless it's a big pit. this is an actual complaint and a flaw i feel in the power. Now i don't know how easy it would be to actually change this but I at least want to bring it up as it drives me crazy just a little.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Aside from having more line-of-sight on the Balefire, what purpose does going higher solve? You remove the main feature of the ability; the wide area CC lift, damage and Energy Orb drop by going too high.

the ability to navigate terrain as you move. you aren't stationary while using aegis storm. more than a few time i'd have to turn off the ability to get over this or cross a gap.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

the ability to navigate terrain as you move. you aren't stationary while using aegis storm. more than a few time i'd have to turn off the ability to get over this or cross a gap.

In no situation is Aegis Storm better movement than actual Warframe movement so... why would you want to waste the energy hovering over terrain/gaps in the first place? I did read your comment about how small gaps in the scenery can be problematic, but again, why are you trying to maintain it from that height for no real gain in the first place?

2 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

In no situation is Aegis Storm better movement than actual Warframe movement so... why would you want to waste the energy hovering over terrain/gaps in the first place? I did read your comment about how small gaps in the scenery can be problematic, but again, why are you trying to maintain it from that height for no real gain in the first place?

waste the energy? you mean the ever recharging shields? with aviator on it's a free 40% damage reduction while you're moving and you can have your balefire out during and still shoot, yes you can have them out on the ground but the transition takes time. i'm not talking about traversing the entire level just moving around a big room or if the squad moves over slightly i won't have to turn the ability off to move over this slight gap or get up on a slightly higher ledge. I'm not even talking about shooting up sky high just that the freedom of movement allow that so i can actually climb ledges. and more importantly cross pits.

It seems to me that the inability to rise above is its main feature, as in k-drives for example. Yes, I understand that you want to fly without restrictions. (I also want this) But Zephyr has wings, Titania has wings, Hildryn does not have them. I think her flight, stylistically, is nothing more than gravity control with the help of her shields. I can say that now she feels much freer than Zephyr. And let's not talk about flying titania, this is her only ability, which also has a lot of flaws.

It's a hover ability, and I'm totally fine with it.

If you wanna break free and fly around the plains Zephyr is probably the best choice, her 1 is really fun in the Plains of Eidolons and people use her a lot when Archwing Launchers were still consumables.

Edited by Izumi_S