Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Jovian Concord: Update 25

[DE]Megan

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Chesa/Desecrate double dipping with Hydroid/Khora.

• **Added info: When we added the Nightwave challenge for the Silver Grove, we encouraged a return to content that normally would have been fine. A small handful of players found an exploit and as we looked into things, we thought we fixed the issue with the new Chesa behavior that could lead to problems. We didn't. We decided to cut a bit deeper. Ivara's looting ability is now the only one that stacks with other looting because it works while alive. If a target is dead, a successful loot now happens once, no matter the source. However, multiple can attempt to loot the same body. Yes... this is different from how it previously behaved, but this is the new intended behavior.

oh COME ON!
So instead of making Silver Grove Specters immune to those abilities, so that handful of people doesn't abuse it anymore, you are gonna NERF a +4 years old acceptable behavior to punish everyone else?

Can you at least buff  the abilities chance to yield additional loot  or finally do something about Hema research cost? 
The farm to get  5000 Mutagen Samples was already nauseously soul crushing but now, after this nerf it will be so much worse.
Just cut it down to 1000 samples...

• Fixed blinded enemies standing still and not doing anything after the animation finishes while still blinded. 

Not only do they not stand still, but they can now hear sounds and feel hits, and react to them as a result.

I understand that it is a 'blind' not a 'remove all senses', but this severely dampens the usefulness of abilities like radial blind. I was using it as an alternative to sleep abilities for reliable Perfect Captures on conservation. I thought it only fair, given that I still have to use the tranq rifle, but now things like Stovers will react to tranq hits and run away if you don't land all three.

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• **Added info: When we added the Nightwave challenge for the Silver Grove, we encouraged a return to content that normally would have been fine. A small handful of players found an exploit and as we looked into things, we thought we fixed the issue with the new Chesa behavior that could lead to problems. We didn't. We decided to cut a bit deeper. Ivara's looting ability is now the only one that stacks with other looting because it works while alive. If a target is dead, a successful loot now happens once, no matter the source. However, multiple can attempt to loot the same body. Yes... this is different from how it previously behaved, but this is the new intended behavior.

In all honesty - and let's be clear about this point: I don't like the change, for the obvious meta- and farming-related reason.

But, on top of that, the change to a long-standing mechanic interaction, which is a straight nerf, is presented as an understated 'fix' when there's a perfectly good changes section in the patchnote...
And the seeming dishonesty of that, that burns.

So, with a rationale now given, well, I still don't like it, but I understand it, so am okay with it.
Thanks for the communication.

Il y a 23 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :
  • Fixed Chesa Retrieve double dipping with Nekros’ Desecrate.
  • Fixed Chesa/Desecrate double dipping with Hydroid/Khora.

Shame on you! you force people to play in groups yet you break synergies? what's wrong with you?!

For a long time people didn't care about the Chesa kubrows and the silver grove specters once they got all the mods they wanted from them, so add a failsafe for that if you want, but leave the rest of the content alone.

I'm glad i farmed for the Hema before this stupid change, it was bad, but i guess it'll be twice as bad for the players who didn't do it before this update

The holster styles for melee weapons for back mounted positions are often broken with the default mount positions being completely different from what they're supposed to be. Many weapons set to the the Standard holster which is slung across the back end up n the wrong positions and need to be fixed to get back to the standard position.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

In relations to the Chesa/Desecrate fix, we have added more info behind the reasoning:

I saw it doesn't mean this was the right choice. instead you picked the lazy and profitable choice. Nothing more nothing less.

3 minutes ago, TheBakerTV-TTV said:

I saw it doesn't mean this was the right choice. instead you picked the lazy and profitable choice. Nothing more nothing less.

I love Warframe, really I do, but sometimes it feels like the entire game is made of spaghetti(-code) and bandaids.

17 minutes ago, Chroia said:

I love Warframe, really I do, but sometimes it feels like the entire game is made of spaghetti(-code) and bandaids.

same I quit wow after 13 years for warframe for endruance runs solo and group but the copy pasta and lazy "fixes" are getting to be to much.

I love the new Jupiter Rework , I understand u went through GREAT effort to adjust details, Thank You for your hard work I love it 💗

With that Being Said, 

KINDLY Note that some tilesits e,g Sinai and IO are currently just Toooooooooooo Big, for a Defense objective I would love to see IO that I love doing so much in the new Rework without having to run into alot of stairways and it happened to me that we needed to clear the Secret room to kill Last enemies to progress the waves

In Short, Tooo Big and Time consuming last enemy spawns for the wave

Ty

On 2019-05-22 at 3:31 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Undo this. This is not a bug. Even with this it takes a long time to farm mob drops. Your game has not been broken for 4 years because of this, it's been more balanced because of this.

3 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Mmhh nerfing farming squads just because there are a few players farming the grove specters isn´t worth imo.
The change feels like: You are farming as a coordinated squad? To bad it´s now just as good as solo farming.

LMAO its Vivergate all over again bois. Lets pointless nerf things instead of fixing the root issue 

LOL

Well thanks for making Khora loot augment completely useless?? Just use Nekros forever now, and rest in peace Hydroid. You could have just changed the specters but no you nerf everything else instead. Will you ever fix life support in survival? Guess not. Nerf farming after how many years??? What a joke. 

Also the new emissive energy stuff should have never been a thing in this state, so many things are broken, the new Nyx skin energy color on the tassels is also tied to primary channel for some assinine reason so it only looks good if you make the primary black/dark color, awesome!!!! All the ship skins are pretty much completely borked, liset spektaka has orange energy lines that can't be colored, prisma liset has a an outer section that is prisma and can't be colored. Can't color the blue flames on Nekros Irkalla, list goes on and on... But hey you make fashionframe true endgame by making it a chore to color anything right now.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

In relations to the Chesa/Desecrate fix, we have added more info behind the reasoning:

Typical and lazy nerf hammer approach. Yet again, just because a mechanic was found that a designer on your side didn't foresee doesnt make it an exploit. I'm not saying it may not be an exploit. but changing how an established and long standing mechanic works and calling it a fix is BS.

Nerf is a nerf. Call it what it is.

On 2019-05-22 at 11:31 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Non-Endless Survival/Excavation/etc missions (i.e. Alerts, Sorties, Syndicate dailies, etc) now disable individual extraction as it leads to unnecessary Host migrations

that's one way to deal with buggy host migrations

On 2019-05-22 at 4:31 PM, [DE]Megan said:

**Added info: When we added the Nightwave challenge for the Silver Grove, we encouraged a return to content that normally would have been fine. A small handful of players found an exploit and as we looked into things, we thought we fixed the issue with the new Chesa behavior that could lead to problems. We didn't. We decided to cut a bit deeper. Ivara's looting ability is now the only one that stacks with other looting because it works while alive. If a target is dead, a successful loot now happens once, no matter the source. However, multiple can attempt to loot the same body. Yes... this is different from how it previously behaved, but this is the new intended behavior.

so let me get this straight...

you nerfed farming ***EVERYTHING*** because people could farm 4(FOUR) enemies easier than the dev team liked? 

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

This feels like an overcorrection where a unique situation is leading to sweeping changes across the entire game. Wouldn't it be better to adjust the behaviour on just the Silver Grove Specters (assuming that's possible) instead of changing a mechanic that is not only fine in the rest of the game, but also core to a large part of the Recruiting/Pre-made Squads aspect of the game?

First: Thanks for the update! 

Second:

Can you maybe add an option to keep the Domstic Drones in a specific room? I have 5 of them placed between all my rooms, and often i find them all hanging in the Operator's room.

Also, before the update there was an Orbiter decoration (Sukshma Eleva) which was non phase-able, meaning that it would act like a wall/floor. Since Update25 this was changed and now it acts as any other decoration, don't know if this is intended or not.

I am also waiting for more of those Warframe noggles to be introduced into the game.

Anyways, great update and thanks for the awesome work!

PS: keep increasing that Orbiter's decoration maximum capacity! 🙂

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

This is not ok. This is not a simple fix. This requires a restructuring of resource drop chance.  Not talking mods, I’m talking crafting material drops.

Revert this ‘fix’ and have a conversation with us about it.

3 hours ago, Ssschah said:

oh COME ON!
So instead of making Silver Grove Specters immune to those abilities, so that handful of people doesn't abuse it anymore, you are gonna NERF a +4 years old acceptable behavior to punish everyone else?

Can you at least buff  the abilities chance to yield additional loot  or finally do something about Hema research cost? 
The farm to get  5000 Mutagen Samples was already nauseously soul crushing but now, after this nerf it will be so much worse.
Just cut it down to 1000 samples...

This.  I've personally contributed something like 19k mutagen samples to my clan's farm for Hema research.  Others have done 14k.  Of those, I had 15k before the Hema existed, because duo Banshee/x to wave 100 on ODD used to be one of my favorite things to do, long long ago.

17k to go?  It's never going to happen.  My clan is never, ever going to have Hema, and this lie (yes, it's an obvious lie) about certain frame complementarity being removed ("fixed") over the entire game due to nothing important is the clincher.

At least give the real reason for this massive nerf.  We know it's not because the friendly neighborhood farming crew got a couple more mods from an esoteric location which doesn't even have super valuable mods.  It might conceivably be related to that, but everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows it's not that.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

So you nerfed a useful farming interaction because of 1 fringe use-case that awards of couple mediocre drops. Why not just change the way grove mods drop? Make them spawn from the statue thing when the grove guardian  is killed or something.

I don't buy this reason at all, but if it is true it's just idiotic.

REMOVAL OF RANDOM MOD PACKS: 
We have replaced the random Mod Packs (Dragon, Eagle, Falcon, Hawk, and Phoenix) with 6 new themed Essential Mod Bundles! 

These Bundles were put together to offer what their predecessors were lacking. We’ve completely removed the dice roll and replaced it with a clear list of contents so that you know exactly what you are getting in the bundle. They are intended to help get you started and familiar with modding in Warframe, and all of the items in the Bundles can be earned from mission rewards, enemy drops, and more! 

They each feature an unranked Rifle Mod, Shotgun Mod, Pistol Mod, Melee Mod, 1,000 Endo, and 50,000 Credits. Check them out in the in-game Market!

DE - Don't fool yourselves.  This is a direct response to the recent EU Law changes towards video games - removing the random aspect.

On 2019-05-22 at 4:31 PM, [DE]Megan said:

I'll be slowly browsing through the patch notes, but this section is catching my eye first.

May I please ask for clarification on this sentence?: "If a target is dead, a successful loot now happens once, no matter the source. However, multiple can attempt to loot the same body."

I don't quite understand the wording of this sentence. I'm genuinely confused by it. Like does it work like in this case example?

Example: say I have a Nekros and Khora together. They kill a target. Nekros' desecrate fails to produce a 2nd roll upon death of the target. However, Khora's does, and produces a 2nd roll off of the target. Is that what you mean by "multiple can attempt to loot the same body"? I.e. if one looting frame ability fails to produce, the other looting frame has a chance to try and get another roll, and if it succeeds,then no other looter frame is allowed to loot from the dead target after that? Is that the correct way to understand what this means? Or have I misunderstood? Please clarify, I really would like to understand how these new farming mechanics work. 

23 minutes ago, BlindStalker said:

I'll be slowly browsing through the patch notes, but this section is catching my eye first.

May I please ask for clarification on this sentence?: "If a target is dead, a successful loot now happens once, no matter the source. However, multiple can attempt to loot the same body."

I don't quite understand the wording of this sentence. I'm genuinely confused by it. Like does it work like in this case example?

Example: say I have a Nekros and Khora together. They kill a target. Nekros' desecrate fails to produce a 2nd roll upon death of the target. However, Khora's does, and produces a 2nd roll off of the target. Is that what you mean by "multiple can attempt to loot the same body"? I.e. if one looting frame ability fails to produce, the other looting frame has a chance to try and get another roll, and if it succeeds,then no other looter frame is allowed to loot from the dead target after that? Is that the correct way to understand what this means? Or have I misunderstood? Please clarify, I really would like to understand how these new farming mechanics work. 

Not able to verify but I believe what you're describing is correct.

If one loot roll works then another loot roll should not occur. But having multiple frames with loot skills will increase the overall loot still as more rolls will occur.

Hydroid kills target: loot generated

Nekros not able to roll loot

Hydroid kills target: no loot generated

Nekros successfuly generates loot

Hydroid kills target: no loot generated

Nekros fails to roll loot

Chesa successfully generates loot

Before this change I believe a target killed by Hydroid could still receive a loot roll regardless of whether or not Hydroid actually generated loot.

So this change is a reduction to loot stacking but still results in more loot overall as there are higher chances for successful loot rolls if there are more sources/options to roll when failures occur.

FORCED ANIMATION CLIPS !!!!

If we have to rinse/repeat the same mission over and over again -- Ropalolyst - why are we forced to sit through the animations over and over and over and over and over again ??

Lotus takes up half the damned screen while navigating to the end boss -- AND you moved to cover up the map like Simaris in the middle right instead of her usual spot on the left our of the way.

Who the hell keeps making bad interface decisions ? (Load screens by the look of things - each stage of the fight is a separate instance that's stiched together - was it really that complicated to make it a single fight instance ?)

Maybe - force the player to watch the clips the first time through if they have not opened the node -- but after that - let us skip the damned clips !!  Somehow DE forgot this issue after they released the Vox Solaris (Fortuna Part 2) then had to fix it. New content should be progress and ahve past changes incorporated not reverted back to old bad ideas. Moving forward keep the past changes you've made due to previous feedback in mind so that both the community doesn't have to repeat itself AND DE doesn't have to rework that should have been done the first pass prior to release.

Also why doesn't the Ropalolyst simply work like the Sentients on PoE ?

Archived