Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new boss is all kinds of amazing.

AnOldAlias

I know it may be a tad' bit easy, so long as you're dodging around from laser hands.

But it is pretty great. It's honestly even better than the Exploiter. DE are doing an absolutely amazing job on boss design lately.

So far, amazing redesign on the gas city as well.

• Like 1

Better than exploiter is an incredibly low bar to set. Exploiter was a boring, simple boss fight that had animations that were cool to watch once.

Not really sure on this new thing either, first attempt at fighting it softlocked and progression froze two thirds of the way through. Or maybe I just didn't know how to charge the towers, since neither I nor my squadmate had ANY idea what had actually caused the first two to charge, they just happened.

Edited by OvisCaedo

18 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Better than exploiter is an incredibly low bar to set. Exploiter was a boring, simple boss fight that had animations that were cool to watch once.

Not really sure on this new thing either, first attempt at fighting it softlocked and progression froze two thirds of the way through. Or maybe I just didn't know how to charge the towers, since neither I nor my squadmate had ANY idea what had actually caused the first two to charge, they just happened.

You have to get it to shoot the towers.

The sequence is - force it to shoot a tower -> use Amp to lower shields -> fly (how bloody awesome?!) the damn thing into a shield generator -> shoot the synovia -> use the console -> repeat until all three generators have been flown into -> use console a final time -> win.

I've probably got it wrong somewhere such as not having to use the console each time.  However that's the general flow of the battle.  Personally, I love it.

So....are there actual controls for when you jump onto it? Because every time I do, it does nothing. Literally nothing. I have the game minimised right now as I type this, not even paused, and I'm in the middle of the boss battle, sitting on the brute's head, and it's not moving. I can maneuver it over to the generator tower and then get onto it, but that still results in nothing. At all.

They need to remove the whole natah crap. I cant see sh*t with her stupid face. Plus I have all that anooying crap muted so i dont have to en to it 30 different times. 

Its a decent fight could be better with some tweaks. But they need to modify the droptable and add some resources, to boost repeatability. As it stands few will play it after they collect the mods and wisp. Its a good fight but not that good.

Edited by mrbubblepants
Brain

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So....are there actual controls for when you jump onto it? Because every time I do, it does nothing. Literally nothing. I have the game minimised right now as I type this, not even paused, and I'm in the middle of the boss battle, sitting on the brute's head, and it's not moving. I can maneuver it over to the generator tower and then get onto it, but that still results in nothing. At all.

Before you fly it, you need to get it to shoot the generator so that it partially destroys it. Then you can fly it into it. 

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

it prompts an action like when using a console it isnt automatic

It's terrible in multiplayer but actually kind of enjoyable solo IMO. Still underwhelmed at how little warframes actually matter ability wise except movement or being able to take damage but at least it deals damage. Even if it might be a bit too much for attacks that lock onto you the way they do. I  I have 877 armor and 1070 hp and pretty much anything it does 1 shots me. Sort of excused since it relies heavily on operator mode so you just stay in void mode through most attacks, but it can definitely be a bit annoying with it's hitscan laser.

The giant laser needs to be marked though. I had no clue that tiny panel in the arena floor was what I'm supposed to press when I'm always looking UP at this giant behemoth. Not exactly the smartest move.

In multiplayer though I'd just randomly die without knowing why after we fry it against the reactors. Grabbing it was so janky I didn't know what to do until the prompt decided to show up. It's HP always showed up as invincible despite being able to hit it further confusing me.

The most important thing. It's a solid length fight but doesn't outstay its welcome. Shields don't take a year to break down with operators, the mechanics to advance the phases don't take much time and are enjoyable since you get to use some parkour and double axehandle an eidolon in the back his skull. 

I've been hyper critical of all of DE's enemies for a while but this one was actually kind of fun for once.

Edit: well I just got killed in single player same way. Seems like it fires its aoe lasers when it's on the ground when it normally shouldn't.

Edited by Annnoth

1 hour ago, Mez999 said:

You have to get it to shoot the towers.

The sequence is - force it to shoot a tower -> use Amp to lower shields -> fly (how bloody awesome?!) the damn thing into a shield generator -> shoot the synovia -> use the console -> repeat until all three generators have been flown into -> use console a final time -> win.

I've probably got it wrong somewhere such as not having to use the console each time.  However that's the general flow of the battle.  Personally, I love it.

I don't get it, He just keeps shooting the big laser at the tower, what do I do after that?

EDIT: Ok nevermind, I've figured it out

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot