Jump to content
NightmareT12

[U25] Emissives that depend on Energy not reflecting selected color

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

As title says! The emissives that seem to depend on the Energy color value (ability color) will properly preview the color selected, but once you confirm it and go back, it will stay at default!

Example: Trinity Prime. Uses Energy value. If I hover over green, you can see it:

Warframe1151.jpg

But when you go back, you can see the visor script stays red!

Warframe1150.jpg

Items I've seen reported:

  • Trinity Prime's visor
  • Nekros Irkalla
  • Mag Ferros helmet

Please state if you see another one that doesn't save the color.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guandao Solstice skin only holds the base energy color, none of the emissives change. 

Also the energy effects on Rhino's rubedo skin are gone completely.

The prisma landing craft skins seem to be stuck with the basic energy color regardless of engine colors, and the vitala armor set's wisps are the basic color regardless of emissives changes.

So far this is all I've found but I'll keep looking

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah just got on and my emissives for whatever reason effect Trinity Prime, Trinity and Knights of the Lotus Trinity. My helm is all the same except for the lights where I guess her eyes would be, on those 3 helms it's the Prime's default red energy. I have been using the same Black and Purple since I started the game nearly 6 years ago. Revert it or something DE, there's no control here. Nobody asked for this and having look at her helmets in tennogen the lights on her face are not different from the other ones on her including the ones on TOP of the helmet. How is it only these 3 helms and not the others. Ther tennogen one in particular makes no sense. All I know is I have random red lights that I cannot change I'm #*!%ing pissed off. This is like when chroma support was added and forced as on and #*!%ing with people's keyboards and then Razer getting support tickets over faulty hardware, only for it to be DE's fault for not only turning it on my default and forcing it on us but by also saying nothing about it in the first place. I want my Trinity back this update messed her up and now she looks awkward as hell.

Edited by Mirathyl
mistypes and slight word changing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mirathyl said:

Nobody asked for this

I did. Been asking for 4 years now. Trinity's visor was designed by Mynki to be its own thing always:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20141124023338

It's just the game was technically limited. We aren't anymore.

Calm down man, you can expect this to be fixed tomorrow and having the colors saved. If I could handle my favorite frames being borked two months, you can wait 24 hours.

Edited by NightmareT12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justo ahora, NightmareT12 dijo:

I did. Been asking for 4 years now.

Calm down man, you can expect this to be fixed tomorrow and having the colors saved. If I could handle my favorite frames being borked two months, you can wait 24 hours.

Actually nobody asked for this. Extra energy colors make no difference and it is a waste of time. 2 were just enough. 4 messed up everything. Whatever it is that you asked for... it ended up being a stupid idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NightmareT12 said:

I did. Been asking for 4 years now. Trinity's visor was designed by Mynki to be its own thing always, it's just the game was technically limited. We aren't anymore.

Calm down man, you can expect this to be fixed tomorrow and having the colors saved. If I could handle my favorite frames being borked two months, you can wait 24 hours.

I'm mostly just panicking for nothing. It's just on her and only her. I'm known for my Trin and I loved how she was looking. Problem here is again the lights in question aren't separate and now I can't change them it looks soooo freaking bad. I like the whole emissives. But We didn't ask for our fashionframe to be broken, this reminds me of Operator hair color changes that they reverted. There's also other issues still not fixed as far as that goes but they kinda keep forgetting to fix it...poor Booben. Rift Sigil has been wonky but that's besides the point. But I should see purple not....this...

UT6WWLv.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kammakazi said:

Yeah all the helmets are bugged. It stays at default energy color, no matter what.

Not all, not at all. Only having this issue with Trinity and personally I own almost all the frames. Only she has this issue however this only happens on 3 of her helmets and not the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Koshxs said:

Actually nobody asked for this. Extra energy colors make no difference and it is a waste of time. 2 were just enough. 4 messed up everything. Whatever it is that you asked for... it ended up being a stupid idea.  

No it has not. This kind of bug has happened before on other items, it's a general one and it's going to be fixed ASAP because it's widespread.

1 minute ago, Mirathyl said:

But I should see purple not....this... 

Again, calm down, wait until tomorrow. It's just a general thing, doesn't need a revert (you can even preview the color) and it happens frequently with new shaders. Must be the 6th time I see colors not saving when a new feature is added, usually fixed within 48 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mirathyl said:

Not all, not at all. Only having this issue with Trinity and personally I own almost all the frames. Only she has this issue however this only happens on 3 of her helmets and not the others.

My mistake, but it does look like it affects a certain amount of helmets. For example: Nova
I selected Pink as both Emissive, and White as both Energy color.

Helmets that respect the color change:

- Prime, Regular, Corpra, Cygni, Device, Flux, Fusion, Gnova, Graxx, Lamia, Quantum, Slipstream, Tachyon

Helmets that stay at default:
- Stinger, Visage
The Stinger and Visage helmet, goes back to the default Blue color for the jet part of the helmet.

 

Edited by Kammakazi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NightmareT12 said:

No it has not. This kind of bug has happened before on other items, it's a general one and it's going to be fixed ASAP because it's widespread.

Again, calm down, wait until tomorrow. It's just a general thing, doesn't need a revert (you can even preview the color) and it happens frequently with new shaders. Must be the 6th time I see colors not saving when a new feature is added, usually fixed within 48 hours.

I don't even get a preview for any of them. It's not an old issue usually it happens to more frames, not such a small number and when they adjust shaders it's never been this extreme. Ships are having light issues it would seem too where it's inverting colors. I'm kinda laughing at it now tbh. Found another frame that's working and not and it's even more weird...Nekros' deluxe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kammakazi said:

My mistake, but it does look like it affects a certain amount of helmets. For example: Nova
I selected Pink as both Emissive, and White as both Energy color.

Helmets that respect the color change:

- Prime, Regular, Corpra, Cygni, Device, Flux, Fusion, Gnova, Graxx, Lamia, Quantum, Slipstream, Tachyon

Helmets that stay at default:
- Stinger, Visage
The Stringer and Visage helmet, goes back to the default Blue color for the jet part of the helmet.

 

If you have a Nekros with deluxe should look at it, I'm getting helmet to work fine but the wispy bits omg. I'm not sure if I wanna laugh or not now. @.@ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Kammakazi said:

Mag's helmets are bugged also. Oof the default blue energy!

I just went and checked my Nova, Visage is half working the jet thing out the back of her head isn't taking your colors but the dots that are around the front are....omg this is so freaking weird. My Mag's totally fine tho. Okay finally got it but very picky on the helm. 

Edited by Mirathyl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elusive emissives inducing immense immersion frustration, color me crimson for this lack of light emission was never the intention of this latest addition. 

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Dragmod said:

Elusive emissives inducing immense immersion frustration, color me crimson for this lack of light emission was never the intention of this latest addition. 

latest?cb=20140526164909

Edited by Mirathyl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dragmod said:

Elusive emissives inducing immense immersion frustration, color me crimson for this lack of light emission was never the intention of this latest addition. 

I wish I could like this post 5000 times

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dietsteve said:

Guandao Solstice skin only holds the base energy color, none of the emissives change. 

Also the energy effects on Rhino's rubedo skin are gone completely.

The prisma landing craft skins seem to be stuck with the basic energy color regardless of engine colors, and the vitala armor set's wisps are the basic color regardless of emissives changes.

So far this is all I've found but I'll keep looking

Ya my landing craft has red on it now. I don't do red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tethra's doom quantum emblem has the same issue the energy color remains green no matter what u do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vetalia Armor is scuffed also after this update, what a shame they broke some cosmetic energy again, wonder if they bother to test for it ZZjufQh.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vow. said:

The Vetalia Armor is scuffed also after this update, what a shame they broke some cosmetic energy again, wonder if they bother to test for it 

They most certainly did not. It is visible right away for basically any frame/skin with "glowing energy stuff" going out of the frame or on the frame. Heck I have seen the bug in Nekros Deluxe on login screen after the update...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...