sharkstrangler

How do you kill the Ropalyst?

Question

Honestly, this is the most un-straightforward boss fight in the game IMO, It is the only one so far I quit cause i just straight up couldn't do it. How tf do you kill it? I figured out myself you have to grab it after taking out shields, then what? I flew it around a bit into the reactors and stuff hoping that would damage it, and nothing. How the hell do you kill this thing?

7 answers to this question

ok so in the arena there are 3 glowing blue reactors connected to the main platform by rails

1. run across the rails to one of the reactors, the ropey will try and stop you
  2. once out there ropey will teleport back to the main platform and attempt to fry you with a VERY damaging beam, hide behind the reactor so it damages it
  3. return to the main platform and lower the ropeys shields with your operator
  4. jump up to the ropey and grab onto it, this will allow you to guide it after a short animation.
  5. guide it into the reactor it damaged
  6. attack its synovia (there are 2 on its back), until it is stunned
  7. whilst it is stunned, activate the button on the main platform to damage it.
  8. repeat 1-7 until all three reactors are done
  9. perform the final stun by just shooting it and activate the button whilst it is stunned (this stun is shorter so work fast)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Just now, sharkstrangler said:

Honestly, this is the most un-straightforward boss fight in the game IMO, It is the only one so far I quit cause i just straight up couldn't do it. How tf do you kill it? I figured out myself you have to grab it after taking out shields, then what? I flew it around a bit into the reactors and stuff hoping that would damage it, and nothing. How the hell do you kill this thing?

let it damage the reactors to charge itself, then grab it and ram it into them. After then kill one of it's backpack limb things carried other from the other eidolons of poe and repeat the process till it dies. 

1 minute ago, sharkstrangler said:

what

let it break open the reactors so it can be charged. lure it to one and it should destroy the glass. it's like charging a lure with a volm. 

Just now, Fire2box said:

let it break open the reactors so it can be charged. lure it to one and it should destroy the glass. it's like charging a lure with a volm. 

ah ill try that

It is pretty straight forward, if you listen to Alad V he tells you basically what to do. run to one of the towers, stand behind it, let the eidolon shoot it and it will charge up. Whens its charged, shoot the eidolon with your amp to drop its shield, then jump up and grab it. It will allow you to ride it, guide it back towards the charged tower and run into it. you will then be brought back to the center platform, Destroy one of the synovia on its back, then use the panel in the middle platform to call in a strike that damages the eidolon. Rinse repeat two more times then he officially dies

3 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

ok so in the arena there are 3 glowing blue reactors connected to the main platform by rails

1. run across the rails to one of the reactors, the ropey will try and stop you
  2. once out there ropey will teleport back to the main platform and attempt to fry you with a VERY damaging beam, hide behind the reactor so it damages it
  3. return to the main platform and lower the ropeys shields with your operator
  4. jump up to the ropey and grab onto it, this will allow you to guide it after a short animation.
  5. guide it into the reactor it damaged
  6. attack its synovia (there are 2 on its back), until it is stunned 
  7. whilst it is stunned, activate the button on the main platform to damage it.
  8. repeat 1-7 until all three reactors are done 
  9. perform the final stun by just shooting it and activate the button whilst it is stunned (this stun is shorter so work fast)

That is actually helpful and will ACTUALLY tell me how to kill it. Thanks.