Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Does Using A Dmz Alleviate Matchmaking Issues?

dancingknight

I haven't personally tested it but I noticed as long as I set my ping to the lowest possible and be sure I host I don't have lag issues and neither do others I've only had 2 complaints in the last week or so about lag from people joining me. no some might say they just aren't telling you they're lagging but if that where so I would notice a reasonable decrease in there abilities in a match but they seem to play fine. no dying (apart from stupidity). but I would also like to hear If DMZ helped anyone.

Thanks. By the way, I'm referring not to lag but to the inability to connect to others when joining or hosting a mission. For me, I can never host. Friends or pugs get my invites but they always fail to join. For this reason, I have numerous unusable void keys. There is a whole thread dedicated to strict nat, I'm aware of this. However, I could not find in the thread instances of people verifying that using a DMZ helped.

I am resorting to thinking about using a DMZ because the issue has persisted for a long time with no imminent fix from DE. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do not use a DMZ just because you want your gaming to be smoother. DMZ is for web-hosting and certain corporate networks, and is a massive security vulnerability. You're putting your entire home network at risk just by having it on. Regardless of whether or not DMZ makes the game run better, that is not an excuse to use it.

If your issue lies with port forwarding or other router problems, you may need to upgrade your firmware, or router hardware instead, but the majority of the networking problems this game has are on DE's end.

Their netcode is just balls.