Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I miss her... SO much. I'm conflicted. [SPOILERS - JOVIAN CONCORD]

Spoiler

But when I saw your tender faces, I took mercy.

sad cry GIF by Originals

God, I kinda wanna kill this chick for what she did to us in the Sacrifice, but... i miss her, my dudes. She's my mother, for the Void's sake! 

I could handle her being a sentient. I could handle her turning Ballas into an Amalgam. (or Chimera, whatever you wanna call him now)

And while I want her to pay for her betrayal, I don't know if I can bring myself to hate her enough to kill her when the New War arrives.

Where do you guys stand?

• Like 11

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

Lotus never even had a character beyond generic mission command. I honestly wonder if the whole "space mom" thing that caught on was only because of being voiced by Rebecca.

She was definitely enigmatic for a long time.

That said, her mission commands and event commentary shape the narrative of the game we play currently.

...That narrative has us at odds with most of the factions on the star chart currently and toppled the Orokin Empire (which, incidentally, caused instability to every inhabited portion of the star chart).

That, in and of itself, is bad enough....what makes it worse is the fact that the reasoning behind the mission commands were a bunch of half truths and lies to begin with.

At this point, killing her off is a public service imo.

...It can be our first and last truly noble act before Void Daddy manages to drive us insane.

• Like 4

Just now, Padre_Akais said:

She was definitely enigmatic for a long time.

That said, her mission commands and event commentary shape the narrative of the game we play currently.

...That narrative has us at odds with most of the factions on the star chart currently and toppled the Orokin Empire (which, incidentally, caused instability to every inhabited portion of the star chart).

That, in and of itself, is bad enough....what makes it worse is the fact that the reasoning behind the mission commands were a bunch of half truths and lies to begin with.

At this point, killing her off is a public service imo.

...It can be our first and last truly noble act before Void Daddy manages to drive us insane.

But wait, what if she offers shiny loot for sparing her?

2 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

All is forgiven. 

Don't forget, she has access to the Orbiter. This probably includes material storage, so she can take back said loot at any time, while also making off with our weapons, Warframes, Frozen pets, Robots, ect.

16 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Don't forget, she has access to the Orbiter. This probably includes material storage, so she can take back said loot at any time, while also making off with our weapons, Warframes, Frozen pets, Robots, ect.

Cue Lotus being crushed by a metric ton of Ferrite and Alloy Plates.

10 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Cue Lotus being crushed by a metric ton of Ferrite and Alloy Plates.

Eh, she has mimics to do all the heavy lifting. She just sits back with whatever the sentient equivalent to a margarita is with Chimera on his chain and Ordis cybergagged while her grunts do all the heavy lifting.

1 minute ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Eh, she has mimics to do all the heavy lifting. She just sits back with whatever the sentient equivalent to a margarita is with Chimera on his chain and Ordis cybergagged while her grunts do all the heavy lifting.

Why does this sound like the start of an episode to a sitcom?

Did I read/hear something wrong. After you kill the Ropalolyst she says "Eradicating my people, my history...so it will be with yours, child"

That's a blatant threat to me. Her entire speech is about how everything was half truths and how she wants to somehow merge the robot and orokin/human people into a new race. Pretty sure she'll be a boss at some point. I feel like she basically used the Tenno to purposefully destabilize the entire system and keep it in disarray as we constantly take on random mercenary missions killing each faction for loot.

Like, she made the Tenno sort of actually the bad guys in this world...

• Like 6

On 2019-05-22 at 11:16 PM, Gashslapper said:

Did I read/hear something wrong. After you kill the Ropalolyst she says "Eradicating my people, my history...so it will be with yours, child"

That's a blatant threat to me. Her entire speech is about how everything was half truths and how she wants to somehow merge the robot and orokin/human people into a new race. Pretty sure she'll be a boss at some point. I feel like she basically used the Tenno to purposefully destabilize the entire system and keep it in disarray as we constantly take on random mercenary missions killing each faction for loot.

Like, she made the Tenno sort of actually the bad guys in this world...

Oh she wants us to be bad guys...tenor.gif

Being bad is always more fun in video games. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But when I saw your tender faces, I took mercy.

sad cry GIF by Originals

God, I kinda wanna kill this chick for what she did to us in the Sacrifice, but... i miss her, my dudes. She's my mother, for the Void's sake! 

I could handle her being a sentient. I could handle her turning Ballas into an Amalgam. (or Chimera, whatever you wanna call him now)

And while I want her to pay for her betrayal, I don't know if I can bring myself to hate her enough to kill her when the New War arrives.

Where do you guys stand?

The entire point of her conversation in this update is her flatout admitting to us that she never cared about the Tenno because the Margulis personality was actually FORCED upon her in Lua by someone [likely the Man In The Wall since she references him too]