Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop hiding useful info behind mouse-overs.

Hallowieners

I'm not a fan of how more stats are being hidden behind menus. Stuff like weapon stats should not be hidden behind a mouse over AND on a separate page. What's more, the stats only appear over the purchase with plat option, and not the blueprint purchase or the gift option, it's very inconsistent and intuitive.

J9QVYmO.png

Another example is the relic rewards section, which now hides the amount of items you own behind a mouse over. It's also difficult to see what item you have selected, the only tell is the token in the top right corner and a faint outline, it's hard to see at a quick glance, and I would imagine it would be much harder to see on a TV screen. A pet peeve of mine is the common tier bronze color rarity standing out much more than the uncommon silver color.3RZXGL6.png

The old menu would display your name under the item you selected, and changed the selected background to a very noticeable blue, much more easier to see at a glance.

6d9n4OM.jpg

Overall, I think the new UI, while it has a noticeable improvement in appearance, it is a worse experience to use. 

Edited by Hallowieners
  • Like 7

I agree. its hard to tell which relic dropped gold, silver or bronze. also to mouse over to see how much of that item I own is annoying. and I also prefer the old UI where your choice is on the bottom row

3 hours ago, Hallowieners said:

Stuff like weapon stats should not be hidden behind a mouse over AND on a separate page. What's more, the

Very much this. Comparing weapons (some of which) you don't have in a built state is a massive pain now.

I'm on a PS4 and the 'Virtual Mouse Cursor' is not as natural to move around as on a PC

since its 'virtual' I can't just "random access" that cursor, it has momentum; like driving around a little arcade spaceship with a joystick.

unlike a PC user I am not constantly flicking that cursor all over the place as casually as my eyes scan the screen.

its not a natural thing for Console Players to do on their controllers.

Please consider that DE; the mouseover screens are harder to view for Console players versus the PC's your UI team develops on.

interfaces that feel slick on PC, are much clunkier on Console.

Agreed the old relic interface was so much cleaner and faster to get info from for normal everyday game play.  This new layout is coagulated crap.  By the time I mouse over to see the amount I have of each and what I want to choose now time is nearly out.  I'm on PC so it doesn't just suck for consoles.

You want a good clean layout put the old one back and add the ducat price in a corner like the amount was.  Don't need the unowned ones in the selection list either.  If you want them there then put a checkbox to show with default off.

Edited by FUBAR-BDHR

Very much agreed. The new UI is pretty, but borderline unusable. I lost all desire to do relic runs until it is fixed, and it was one of my favourite activities until now.

Also, some things such as relic selection are very hard to see with the Nidus UI theme, it really needs a bigger contrast for those.

Edited by Elavion

I haven't looked at much of the other new UI stuff but i don't like the new relic reward UI at all.

The rarity color has been separated from the item name.Cross referencing the item name and its value is more awkward and time consuming then the previously color coded name, where you learned its identity and value at the same time. This wouldn't really be a big deal but you only have a few seconds to make a choice.

The number of items owned isn't shown now.

And i have no idea if i actually selected what i want or not since there isn't a clear confirmation anymore.

Edited by Kalidar

I must agree, the new UI elements hiding info is just awful. What was wrong with the market showing stats on the item page? Same applies to other things as well. I'm not a fan of the loss of functionality, it's Just poor design IMHO.

• Like 1

This decision really baffles me since they have so much space to put the necessary information. Huge diorama is not more important than stats. Same with new abilities screen.

I also don't like using Tab to change sections. Why not mouse buttons?

I'm really starting to wonder about DE at this point. First the melee 3.0 (I know off topic but HATE IT!! All they did was take control, customization, and precision away from us) and now this interface that is a serious step backwards. Is it just me or now you have less time to choose your relic reward at the end of the mission? First time I saw it it totally blindsided me and no clue as to the reward I chose; was too busy trying to figure out what I was looking at. Old style took you .5 seconds at a glance and you knew what your choice was. Pretty is nice but function should be priority. Who really cares how it looks. I love that DE is constantly putting new content in the game but some of the arbitrary changes they've made recently I just can't rap my head around. Change for the sake of change is just ridiculous! I said it in another post that DE needs to fix bugs and give us some new content. Not another open world. I'd like to slap the guy who put mining and fishing in the game. I'll go play WoW or Rift if I want to do that shat and I don't play those games any more; go figure. I WANT TO SHOOT SHAT!!! I have these resources building up and love to put them to new stuff but with Fortuna I have to grind new resources. I really don't want to grind more resources for 3 new frames and some more weapons when I got Polymer Bundles coming out my azz. I was going to buy for the very first time the  frames and weapons with plat but then melee 3.0 came and I put the brakes on that real fast. So DE you lost a sale right there. I have completely boycotted Venus open world. The plains were a little better but not much. Just my honest opinion, I know not everyone feels the same way.

Instead of frustrating us with these wacked changes how about opening a wormhole to Alpha Centauri where the 4 main factions have gone thousands of years ago and now are more corrupt and twisted. We ride the Railjack into the wormhole and fight as a team to get to the other side. New tile sets and new AI to fight. That is what is going to make me throw more money at DE not this crap! I could go on and on. I got idea's for tons of stuff that I'm sure will be a hit. You guys (DE) really need some perspective!!! Like from a hardcore gamer with an unlimited imagination!

On another note how about some better support staff. I put in a ticket last year twice for not getting any email alerts (made sure they weren't filtered or blocked in any way. Told them as much). Instead of fixing it they sent me to the change email page. EPIC FAIL!! Funny thing was support staff from what ever company they use (and yes I'm 99% sure its not DE) were able to get the emails to me. Having a 25 year IT support background just makes it just that more frustrating for me. GRRRR!

I'm just one pissed off Sikle! DE is probably reading my posts and thinking I have anger issue. Maybe. But been here for 6 years and I love Warframe. I've played HUNDERDS of PC games going all the way back to 1993 (and further. Anyone play pong in the 1970s. I did.) “Wolfenstein 3D” on a crusty 286 and I think Warframe is the best one I've ever played. (tear runs down eye)  

Sorry for the rant. Hoped being a founder I would have some pull but seems like anything I say has fallen on def ears. I'm getting closer and closer to uninstalling the game and moving on to something else.

Edited by Meatsikle

I have to agree with all of the above. The old UI for reward selection was MUCH better than what we have now. I get that you want to unify everything to use the ui customization features you've implemented, but why take away information that was RIGHT THERE on screen and hide it behind mouseovers and tab menus? A great example is the reward selection up above. Across the top of the icon it'd show you how many you have of said reward. Now that's hidden away in a mouseover. The rarity status of the reward is VERY difficult to see now whereas before it was reflected in the COLOR of the name of the reward. I can get used to not seeing my name on the reward selection pane which is an okay change in my book.

The relic selection screen can use a bit of work as well. I like that the drop source for relics is now visible in the tab menu, and as a result it shows if the relic is vaulted or not. Why not add the vault icon to the top right corner of the relic icon in the overall listing showing which ones are vaulted at a quick and easy glance?

This so much! For gods sake don't hide the NAME of an item behind a mouse over. ESSENTIAL information on top, NON ESSENTIAL information behind!

Haven't seen all the changes but the amount of blueprints in the relic reward screen, please make it accessible like before! There is just no time to get all the information when hidden behind delayed tooltips!

They did this before with the UI change and the inventory screen, removing the item labels, and then when people pointed it out they made it an option that is OFF by default, and now they've done it again. I genuinely don't understand, it doesn't look better (IMHO obviously) and simply makes a worse experience for the player, the same with the abilities screen just being a bigger version of what we have in upgrades and therefore useless. Hover boxes over abilities in the upgrade screen? An excellent change, the same in the abilities screen? Just why? Look at it now, it's mostly just an empty screen. One other thing is listing all the vaulted relics that I don't own, for instance when I search for Loki it also shows relics that I don't have and can't get, that's just clutter. Stop taking out at a glance information for no reason please.