Not sure if this is really a bug, but even if it isn't, I want to mention it. I thought that the wisp animations, both noble and agile, would also change the walk/run animation of warframes that equip them, but that doesn't seem to be the case, either it needs to be fixed, or implemented. I don't care if you make those animations cost more, or make it a separate thing that also costs plat, but I want my angel trinity to float around instead of walk around.

• Like 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Animation sets have always only changed the idle stance, not the movement.

Wisp has custom movement animations.

So it's a worse version of Titania's noble. Too bad I bought it before checking the forum.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, residente said:

So it's a worse version of Titania's noble. Too bad I bought it before checking the forum.

Same 😞

Why does it only apply to idle stance? it is labelled as an animation SET, set implies all the animations not just the idles.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The animation "sets" have always been idle animations only.

Wisp's general animations (walking, running etc.) were custom animations on the Warframe itself rather than the idle animation set.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

To add to what Novus says, the animations of walking and such are actually coded in a way that doesn't really allow for an easy translation to all the frames IIRC.

• Upvote 1

So I bought the Wisp noble and have it equipped on my Oberon. He sadly doesn't float when moving but floats when still.. Is this suppose to happen, if so it is very upsetting. I would have liked to see him float along instead of running like Titania's animations.

Posted (edited)

I bought the wisp animation expecting it to give me the walking animation too, it's just the idle.

Yes I know titania's doesn't either but titania walks around, wisp does not.

Edited by Zyga21
context

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

Yes I know titania's doesn't either but titania walks around, wisp does not. I bought the wisp animation expecting it to give me the walking animation too, it's just the idle.

Walking around is not a stance... The stance is when they are idle, that is the choice you make in the selection.
The walking animation is tied to the frame not the stance.
This is not a bug.

Edited by Carnage2K4

The animations sets do not change the run animation on any warframe, I feel betrayed, please fix this.

• Like 3

Guys if you buy the animation set from wisp for other frames they won't glide instead of walk. I am sorely disappointed at this.  

I would like to get that as another level of cosmetics for frames, dodges how Hyldrin and Wisp have unique dodges and movement for Wisp.

• Haha 5
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Ecchi-Bunny said:

Guys if you buy the animation set from wisp for other frames they won't glide instead of walk. I am sorely disappointed at this.  

I would like to get that as another level of cosmetics for frames, dodges how Hyldrin and Wisp have unique dodges and movement for Wisp.

It was mentioned by Pablo that Wisp's walking animation is unique to her alone. Granted, not the most obvious of info to find, but it was known about 20 days ago. 

If in doubt, always check the forums / twitter first. :) 

• Applause 1

4 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

It was mentioned by Pablo that Wisp's walking animation is unique to her alone. Granted, not the most obvious of info to find, but it was known about 20 days ago. 

If in doubt, always check the forums / twitter first. 🙂

Have to admit it slipped my mind that something like that would be unique to a frame.  Would have bet my life on that it was tied to animation set. 😞  
Thank you for the info.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Kinda lame as I did hope it would be extended to other frames... Something else zephyr will miss out on apparently. 

As such I hope they introduce other animations for other frames rather soon then to be fair 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Valiant
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Just the idle animation im afraid. As Pablo mentioned, it is much more complicated and for a reason.

If they would make her animation set like running and sprinting and wahtnot to work on other frames, they gotta write extra scripts and codes for each frame. Lots of whats and ifs and so on. I dont know how the engine work per say, but i asume that it would take extra time to get it to function on other frames if they need to do it on each induvidual frame.

1 minute ago, Ecchi-Bunny said:

Have to admit it slipped my mind that something like that would be unique to a frame.  Would have bet my life on that it was tied to animation set. 😞  
Thank you for the info.

I'm with you. My reaction was basically this: 

D0r1ZxFUYAANJYR.jpg:large

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Satisfied 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

(Regarding sleepychewbacca's reply)

Oh great, yet more information from Twitter.  I would rather they mention this in the release note because not all of us bother with social media.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
I had forgotten to quote
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

seriously this is an outrage wtf DE why do you do this I am very displeased the only reason I looked forward to wisp was to make other freames glide around and move all that is movable around.This has got to be the outmost dissapointing thing I have ever seen in the game for the 2 years I have been here.

'Animation set' is not even a set its just one thing you get when standing a set would be when all movements from that frame is transfered to another frame like dodge, walking and passive(standing still), they should rename animation sets to animation idle

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Ecchi-Bunny said:

I wish this was said louder before I decided to spend 50 plat on that animation set, BTW, due to the way Wisp was designed her animations lack any movement on ankles and tiptoes, which mean even when floating idle you will see your warframe's feet in awkwardly static positions, quite the oversight considering we had animation sets for a long time now.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

it is much more complicated and for a reason.

I am no expert but I have been working with 3D models and the way we got animation sets is pretty clear it would have been a matter of retargetting AT MOST, it is not "extra scripts" if we talk about animation alone, I even proposed Titania as an example long ago because she has archwing animations loaded by default, the only "unchangable" thing would be all melee due to how it uses stances which also can show you is not a matter of extra scripts, it is a matter of animation call not even loaded on the fly (pardon the pun.)

Edited by VanFanel1980mx
  • Like 6

it dissapoints me to not see Mesa Prime go "wiggle wiggle wiggle" when running.

but ifpablo says it's complicated the I have to accept it

3 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I am no expert but I have been working with 3D models and the way we got animation sets is pretty clear it would have been a matter of retargetting AT MOST, it is not "extra scripts" if we talk about animation alone, I even proposed Titania as an example long ago because she has archwing animations loaded by default, the only "unchangable" thing would be all melee due to how it uses stances which also can show you is not a matter of extra scripts, it is a matter of animation call not even loaded on the fly (pardon the pun.)

True, true. I woulndt know it myself on how to set it up, but i imagen it be a bit time consuming to get it to work on all frames. Might not be. Either way, we got Pablo statement to go by, unless i mistook it for something else. Also, its a good pun you did, you get a like.