Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Animation Set

IDK if I'm missing something but I was under the impression that Wisps animation sets would allow you to float around with any warframe that you're using the animation set on. Just bought the noble animation set but it still uses the default movement animations. Was this ever mentioned? Kinda feel like I just wasted 50 plat 😕

11 minutes ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

it was mentioned that the movement would be wisp only. even less great cuz even on wisp, when she aims with guns or uses a melee, she still walks on her (apparently not there) feet

Damn that sucks, was looking forward to flying around with my other warframes. I don't remember them mentioning that you couldn't do that, all I remember was everyone saying they were excited about being able to use the animations on whoever they want

1 minute ago, JuiceLad said:

Damn that sucks, was looking forward to flying around with my other warframes. I don't remember them mentioning that you couldn't do that, all I remember was everyone saying they were excited about being able to use the animations on whoever they want

Yea, It was mentioned a couple of devstreams ago. 

1 minute ago, Koneharwel said:

I'd be glad if they do the animation from wisp walking on other frames only by equipping her animations

I actually bought the noble one and only the stand remains, wish the walking animations were in the set xd

I actually kind of like the fact that they keep the walking only for wisp.  Feels like something that should be exclusive similar to dashes instead of rolls for frames like Limbo and Hildryn.  Also, now that they've made this custom one for wisp, it opens up the future for other frames to get custom movements as well.  Makes the frames more thematically unique.

18 hours ago, NovusNova said:

The animation "sets" have always been idle animations only.

Wisp's general animations (walking, running etc.) were custom animations on the Warframe itself rather than the idle animation set.

the wording should be changed then. It was fine before because all frames had walking animations instead of floating and the assumption for someone who's never had titania /may/ be that the animation allows them to fly, but at least she doesn't so it makes sense after you find that out. Now it just doesn't make sense and it's misleading due to it being called an animation set, instead of an idle animation.

39 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

the wording should be changed then. It was fine before because all frames had walking animations instead of floating and the assumption for someone who's never had titania /may/ be that the animation allows them to fly, but at least she doesn't so it makes sense after you find that out. Now it just doesn't make sense and it's misleading due to it being called an animation set, instead of an idle animation.

That's what I was thinking. I bought it specifically thinking that the flying animations came with it as that's the logical thing to assume and I was extremely disappointed and confused when I started walking and it was just the default walk. Since I watch all the dev steams and tend to keep repetitively well up to date with general changes and updates I feel like if I hadn't ever heard about this it must've just been an extremely offhand comment that they made at some point cause I would've noticed if they made any sort of proper point to mention it. Either that or I've been drunk and barely conscious the past month and not realised.

They should include the walking animation as part of the set, after all, is a "new" unique flying animation and is not complete without all the other stuff. Is utterly ridiculous how the animation breaks when you walk - and disappointing after spend some plat on a thing and not being able to use it (just because is ridiculous).

Or they could remove it completely from the "store" and make it Wisp only to avoid this kind of confusion. Probably 99% of the people who bought it now want a refund after use it for 2secs.

I just wanted to add my two cents, even if it was never intended for wisps new animations to be applied to other frames, I think it should still be considered. My hope is that it would be applied to the animation set because that would probably be the easiest to apply it to, but maybe there could also be a new slot for walk and sprint animations. With new UI for the Loadout being worked on there could potentially be a new slot this could fit into. This way for any new animations that might come out we would be able to equip them on older warfames to customize them a bit more. Also adding other animations like limbos dodge might be a nice addition so that any Warframe can gracefully dodge as well.

I would also love to see these walk animations developed for older Warframes like Titania. Maybe we might not have these animations available now but I think it would make strides for customizing your Warframe.

In the end though I just hope to eventually see my Valkyr float around in her gersemi skin.

Edited by Glitchfreak
  • Like 2

It would be cool to have the new Wisp walk animation available for all frames with use of her Noble and agile animation sets. My Oberon is looking sweet with his wings and the floaty idle but it kinda sucks that he magnets too the floor whenever he starts to move around or attack.

Don't see any reason why it would be impossible unless wisp uses a completely different skeleton than all the other frames.

Biggest reason as to why i want her floating animation is that the standard animation of walk and run is shared by all and is in no way unique.

Honestly i would prefer having new animations for walking for old frames but that is a hell of a lot of work, so only having the new frames unique walk be part of the animation set would satisfy me.

But now I just want a disclaimer in the shop if they are not planning to add the walk to the animation set, so new players don't get fooled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BloodKitten said:

wisp is a diffrent frame, she dont have legs, and her moving and fireing animation while not aiming is completely custom, its like an NPC was made playable wich still use its own animation set.

I wish she had custom animations for aiming and melee though.  I doubt it will happen (it's probably tricky to code, at best.)  But it would be nice.  She switches back to a normal melee walk as soon as you equip it, which looks a bit jarring compared to her normal glide.

22 hours ago, Rhundis said:

And yet no one else has it.

Magical.

If you think is magical you haven't seen many basic tricks for stuff like Unreal Engine of all things, I recommend you check some tutorials about setting up character animations on YT but I'll give you a brief summary, you prepare your individual animations in external programs, let's say you name them idle, walking, running, crouching, etc., then you set up the character via script or if the devkit allows it just by drag and drop, you basically declare "states" where the animation will be called, usually we go from idle then you make it so idle state will connect to others like walking, running, crouching and then back to idle with intermediate steps depending on the routine like jumping so you need to land from a jump before allowing the "idle standing" state and then the animation.

What wisp basically has is the very same states and conditions the other frames do but her movement animations are new, they are still using the same skeleton (read: articulations) the other frames do, allowing the others to have the same animations is no more complex than replacing name calls in the script or blueprint, checking for errors would be necessary as IT HAS BEEN for all other animations made over time.

11 hours ago, Glitchfreak said:

I just wanted to add my two cents, even if it was never intended for wisps new animations to be applied to other frames, I think it should still be considered. My hope is that it would be applied to the animation set because that would probably be the easiest to apply it to, but maybe there could also be a new slot for walk and sprint animations. With new UI for the Loadout being worked on there could potentially be a new slot this could fit into. This way for any new animations that might come out we would be able to equip them on older warfames to customize them a bit more. Also adding other animations like limbos dodge might be a nice addition so that any Warframe can gracefully dodge as well.

I would also love to see these walk animations developed for older Warframes like Titania. Maybe we might not have these animations available now but I think it would make strides for customizing your Warframe.

In the end though I just hope to eventually see my Valkyr float around in her gersemi skin.

All things considered, 99% of the roster shares every general animation except idle poses, Wisp's are a departure from that pattern and it certainly disappoints they would refuse to even try them internally on the others and claim "is very complex to implement" in a time when you can practically replicate the process by watching a YT video on game engines and animations.

4 hours ago, Ecchi-Bunny said:

Biggest reason as to why i want her floating animation is that the standard animation of walk and run is shared by all and is in no way unique.

Honestly i would prefer having new animations for walking for old frames but that is a hell of a lot of work, so only having the new frames unique walk be part of the animation set would satisfy me.

But now I just want a disclaimer in the shop if they are not planning to add the walk to the animation set, so new players don't get fooled.

Maybe if there were at least some small changes in animations like a more distinct agile/noble animations or even traditionally male/female, even something dependent on your operator school of choice.

I bought the wisp agile animation set for the new walk animations, but due to the fact it doesn’t included it I was so disappointed a few moments after purchase that I want a refund. But the part when your frame splitting during idle changed my mind.

I hope DE at least try applying this to all Warframes in a future update.

Edited by DrivaMain

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I wish she had custom animations for aiming and melee though.  I doubt it will happen (it's probably tricky to code, at best.)  But it would be nice.  She switches back to a normal melee walk as soon as you equip it, which looks a bit jarring compared to her normal glide.

This 10000% it bothers me so much and feels like it would not be to unfair to have implemented. Do long as it is only when moving with melee weapon and goes to walking animation only while attacking with melee. Kinda like how wisp does not float while firing her guns or aim down sights.

3 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Maybe if there were at least some small changes in animations like a more distinct agile/noble animations or even traditionally male/female, even something dependent on your operator school of choice.

Yeah, its just time doing its thing, many parts of the game are changing and becoming better and that leads to some of us noticing the ageing animations on the older frames when you get a frame like Wisp.

I would love for them to redo many of the animations that are in game, they do alot of great animation work that ends up being a one off for the trailers. So instead of trailers for frames I would prefer they commit to something that will actually be in the game and would make players customization choices deeper even by 1 option. 

Have you ever seen Nekros Prime run with  a handgun? His "sleeves" are flailing around with 0 grace. That running with a handgun animation isn't a problem when you are using a frame without some thing extra on its arms, but any sleeved frame loses any grace or agility.