Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Animation Set

On 2019-05-23 at 10:14 AM, Zyga21 said:

l74tykc1.png
xerdq0ib.png

I never said anything about a stance because it's not a stance, it's an Animation Set which should include the animations of the frame, not just the idle animation.

Context: this was merged from my thread when someone suggested it was a stance when the game clearly calls it an animation set*

Because you have more than one animation that's changing with that equipped, because Primary and Secondary animations also change, so yeah, it's technically a Set.

6 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Because you have more than one animation that's changing with that equipped, because Primary and Secondary animations also change, so yeah, it's technically a Set.

That's even more reason to include the whole "set" instead of just the primary/secondary/idle. Everything should be included unless it's tied to a warframe specific mechanic like Limbo's "roll". Things like hildryn's "roll", & wisp's walking should be included in animation sets. (Unless I'm mistaken about either of those and they have some sort of special warframe ability tied in with them.)

3 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

That's even more reason to include the whole "set" instead of just the primary/secondary/idle. Everything should be included unless it's tied to a warframe specific mechanic like Limbo's "roll". Things like hildryn's "roll", & wisp's walking should be included in animation sets. (Unless I'm mistaken about either of those and they have some sort of special warframe ability tied in with them.)

I don't see how that's more of a reason for all of the Warframe's animation to be transferred over. I'm simply stating that they call it a set, because you are getting multiple animations within it. Multiple things = set, by default. It's been like this ever since they allowed Warframes to access each others' animations.

Also, this is under the assumption that those same animations can be simply interchangeable just like the current ones. Hildryn's uses her shield models that is used in her Aegis Storm, so having other frames use them wouldn't make much sense (unless the shields are directly connected to her model in which the custom roll on other frames would not show them, may still cause a problem of making it look weird). Not sure about Wisp's, but I am going to guess they're could be certain things like her Will-O-Wisp animations already using her current walking cycle, or design-wise they didn't want a Warframe with no feet to be walking most the time (I know she can stand using melee and while aiming, but if they were to make a custom animation for everything, Wisp probably wouldn't have been available by now).

13 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

If you think is magical you haven't seen many basic tricks for stuff like Unreal Engine of all things, I recommend you check some tutorials about setting up character animations on YT but I'll give you a brief summary, you prepare your individual animations in external programs, let's say you name them idle, walking, running, crouching, etc., then you set up the character via script or if the devkit allows it just by drag and drop, you basically declare "states" where the animation will be called, usually we go from idle then you make it so idle state will connect to others like walking, running, crouching and then back to idle with intermediate steps depending on the routine like jumping so you need to land from a jump before allowing the "idle standing" state and then the animation.

What wisp basically has is the very same states and conditions the other frames do but her movement animations are new, they are still using the same skeleton (read: articulations) the other frames do, allowing the others to have the same animations is no more complex than replacing name calls in the script or blueprint, checking for errors would be necessary as IT HAS BEEN for all other animations made over time.

I’d like to redirect you to r/whoosh .

3 hours ago, Zyga21 said:

Even then said "rolls" are still just a different animation call and not a full on mechanic in a sense that Hydrin's is purely cosmetic and Limbo's portal is a state check/trigger which I can assure you were tested first with a regular roll animation before getting its own, always remember these things are purely visual in a development workflow.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

12 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

You just want to slap it onto a Pink Rhino because Titania doesn't cut it anymore.

Admit it.

Slap butterfly wings syandana on that pink rhino + Wisp’s unique walk animation and experience the true endgame warframe experience. /s

Honestly now that i build Wisp, some things on her animations are irking the life out of me. Has no feet yet still "kicks" off the wall in a wallrun. 

And the fact that they could not make a floating animation stance for a weapon that is fitting for her is beyond me.  Its the little things Warframe does awesome and why we love it, and this time it skipped out on some of them in my opinion.

And before you go "its more work", YES IT IS.

WE PAY THEM BY BUYING PLAT TO RUSH OR OUTRIGHT BUY THE FRAMES!   So the whole "its alot of work" argument I don't want repeated.

Edited by Ecchi-Bunny
spelling mistake

Hello,

Its a minor thing  but  i find  it a bummer that  the  floating  animations  are not  here  for  melee weapons and when you aim downsight,  also the crouching animation is just the regular  one,  i would have  liked  from DE to put the extra effort to at least  do the  crouching  animation too since  they told  us  they took so mush time working  on animations ....

but eh its a nice warframe anyway and hope to see  more custom animations  in the future

My headcanon for melee animation is that all Tenno/Warframes train their ways of the blade the same way, so every single one of them have the same style.

Wisp: I don't have legs, so I levitate.

Other Tenno/Warframes: Don't care, we all train the same way. Stand on your stump.

Wisp: ok

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

My headcanon for melee animation is that all Tenno/Warframes train their ways of the blade the same way, so every single one of them have the same style.

Wisp: I don't have legs, so I levitate.

Other Tenno/Warframes: Don't care, we all train the same way. Stand on your stump.

Wisp: ok

Titania: Come on wisp. Its not all bad.

Wisp: Says the one who actually has #*!%ing feet...

Titania: What?

Wisp: What?

6 minutes ago, Amlodhi.Ilmarinen said:

When I aim/zoom, she walks, too.

That one isn't as jarring to me as when she crouches, though.

Shortly after I posted I noticed when aiming she does put her feet on the ground. Oh well, atleast she still flies while shooting.

3 hours ago, AirOne13 said:

Hello,

Its a minor thing  but  i find  it a bummer that  the  floating  animations  are not  here  for  melee weapons and when you aim downsight,  also the crouching animation is just the regular  one,  i would have  liked  from DE to put the extra effort to at least  do the  crouching  animation too since  they told  us  they took so mush time working  on animations ....

but eh its a nice warframe anyway and hope to see  more custom animations  in the future

It's understandable why they didn't do it because that would require a new animation rigging for all the different melee types just for one warframe. 

I think that the floating movement of Wisp should be incorperated into her zooming, crouching and melee abilities.

A Warframe with no Feet that seem have them for certain aspect of using a weapon is weird.

They should try at least using a similar momentum in all combat abilites. 

They way she move like bending forward should be use for Melee, zooming she could, kinda float but just stop moving a little bit, i don't i just feel it odd that will going forward and shooting the keep her floating form but not when using some other of weapons.

Agreed. At least she should be floating when aim.

Another issue is, after hotfix 25.0.3, the visual effect (little light dots) when she jumps is gone. That's a really good one. I hope we can get it back.

3 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

It's understandable why they didn't do it because that would require a new animation rigging for all the different melee types just for one warframe. 

But the ADS one comes off as quite lazy.

Having someone in the background working on the animations for floating frames would be better than not doing anything, but I don't understand how to manage a team so there's that.

This might sound simpleminded, but cutting out the leg part of all the missing animations for wisp might be a start.

3 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

They could just have her float while idling with melee weapon out (like she does with guns) and float while moving with melee weapon out. Then when she attacks, she defaults to the default animations for melee weapons. They do the exact same thing for primary and secondary (default animations used when ads or firing gun)

I appreciate that Wisp can hover rather than walk, however, one let down is that when you aim her gun she walks, when she hold mele, she walks. If you could, Wisp would be much better aesthetic wise if she hovers no matter what when she has her animations. Also wanted to add, would be nice if slide animation was also custom for Wisp.

Edited by XxElite2015xX
  • Like 1