Just now, Skycerer said:

With the wisp animation, you don't run like Wisp? 

I mean, why would you?
It's the IDLE animation...

• Upvote 1

On 2019-05-25 at 9:27 AM, Ecchi-Bunny said:

Honestly now that i build Wisp, some things on her animations are irking the life out of me. Has no feet yet still "kicks" off the wall in a wallrun. 

And the fact that they could not make a floating animation stance for a weapon that is fitting for her is beyond me.  Its the little things Warframe does awesome and why we love it, and this time it skipped out on some of them in my opinion.

And before you go "its more work", YES IT IS.

WE PAY THEM BY BUYING PLAT TO RUSH OR OUTRIGHT BUY THE FRAMES!   So the whole "its alot of work" argument I don't want repeated.

I can't even begin with how ignorant this is. Plain and simple: Money doesn't solve how much effort it would take to reanimate something. Wisp probably wouldn't have been released now if they had to continue working on every single one of her animations.

It is my understanding that Wisp has the first animation set that is actually floating instead of running/walking. But I think if you equip the animation set on another frame that they should also have her walk/run cycle. As of Hotfix 25.0.3, this is not the case.

If this is a bug then I pray that it is patched in the next update, if it is intentional, then I guess it is what it is. 

• Like 2

The floating running/walking is tied to Wisp herself and not the animations. I've tested it with non-Wisp animation sets, she will float for movement no matter what. (the exception being when she's holding a melee weapon)

I was slightly disappointed when I saw this too, but it's my understanding that there are technical reasons why they don't have other frames float instead of walk and run. I'm okay with that, in this instance.

Literally just overwrite the frames original animations with wisps animations. It's not going to be technical issue, it might clip or look silly, but I don't think anyone who wants to do this cares. Maybe they turn off collision for a few dangly parts, it's not going to break the game. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Wisp is a nice frame for sure, i really like her design and her abilities ain't half bad either, but this post is not about how good or bad wisp is.

Now this is entirely up to personal taste, but I think wisp looks really clunky when she has to ''walk'' with her feet stubs and it really ruins the whole floaty wraith/ghost thing she has going on.

So right now wisp has 2 animations that are easy to fix and would really reduce the unwanted clunkyness of some her actions.

1: The crouch animation, this animation could just simply be replaced with by copying wisp's running animation where she's on a lower stance but slowed down.

2: Aim Down Sights (ADS) When ever wisp ADS's she starts to walk like any other warframe, luckily this can be also fixed, by simply using the hip fire animations but with a zoom level.

I've also heard people talk about the melee animations, but making a custom animation for each of the melee weapon type in game just for 1 frame is bit excessive.

So yeah it would be nice if DE could do these small fixes.

Also just a small rant but, DE gives wisp a custom hard landing animation (an action which maybe happens 1-2 times per mission if even that) but not custom crouch or ADS animations which basically are in the same major animation pool as running or walking...

Anyway, tell me your opinions, would you like wisp to have custom prone and ADS animations or do you prefer the ones we currently have ?

Edited by Flustershy
  • Applause 1

Hi there, 

I was wondering if DE will do an annimation for Wisp. When I am using the Primary and Secundary weapon she floats ( and LOOKS EXTERMELY AMAZING, Wisp is a instant FAV). But when I use a melee the Wisp walks. 

It's a bit annoying because cuts the mood of an unique Warframe. BTW: I love this WF since looks like I am playing another different game. Seriusly love this frame 😍 

Here is the example - 

• Upvote 2

Just going to add my voice/opinion: I agree with OP, I would love it if these animation sets included the jogging/running animations. I bought it thinking I could make Hildryn "float/fly" around.

• Upvote 2

maybe im asking too much, but her animation while equipping melee weapons seems awkward. She doesnt have a feet, so maybe a custom one? Really love her other animations, though.

• Upvote 6

I agree with this, 

It feels awkward to see her shift from the floaty graceful movement to standing on stubs. 

Guess they couldn't get the animation aligned with all the different stances so they said "#*!% it". 

And I suppose it is extra effort, but it really does make her feel a little off. 

Same with crouching. 

On 2019-05-26 at 11:51 PM, Scruffel said:

I can't even begin with how ignorant this is. Plain and simple: Money doesn't solve how much effort it would take to reanimate something. Wisp probably wouldn't have been released now if they had to continue working on every single one of her animations. 

And why would i want something rushed over it taking more time and being much better?  Id rather it came out later with more animations than now with less.

On 2019-05-25 at 8:41 PM, ShadowExodus said:

It's understandable why they didn't do it because that would require a new animation rigging for all the different melee types just for one warframe. 

That is why i said pick a weapon or make a new one specific for her instead of that electric gun. And give her a stance that floats. Simple.

On 2019-05-27 at 1:23 PM, Flustershy said:

Snip

I would love for her to have what you suggested, but would also go as far as giving her 1 weapon the developers pick as in her "style" and give that weapon a floating stance. Simple solution to a problem.   Giving every weapon a float stance would be too much and unreasonable to say the least.

They could have made a new weapon and have a reason why its only stance is floaty for all frames.😮

Posted (edited)

It is still default.

Please replace the default Wisp landing animation from orbiter & vent before start of the mission to proper Wisps one, like her heavy landing animation. It looks amazing and will make more sense.

Default:

GWz8Ihv.gif

Wisp heavy landing animation:

EtpU4sF.gif

Cheers.

Edited by Hildr
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Agreed, it's such a unique animation that fits her that it's a bit of a waste not to use it on landing into a mission and would be super cool to have her do, if effort's already been put into animating her, why not use it more? 🙂

I love the new animations for Wisp, the sad part is that they didn't change the way she walks while crouching, using melee and aiming. She is still walking while doing that. Please change that so that she is hovering while doing this.

• Like 3

Maybe they didn't manage to do it in time. It would be nice if her animations were updated eventually.

7 hours ago, Ecchi-Bunny said:

That is why i said pick a weapon or make a new one specific for her instead of that electric gun. And give her a stance that floats. Simple.

But that's only for one melee weapon. The players wanting a float animation for all melee weapons is understandable but unlikely to happen. What you just said only fills one weapon type not all, that hardly does anything. 

And the fulmin is #*!%ing awesome.

I mean... didn't DE explicitly state that they'd keep walking/running/roll animations that were unique specific to the warframe that was shipped with them during a devstream? I'd be cool and all, but seriously, there is no reason at all to believe buying an animation set would change your movement animations too. It never has in the past, with limbo/hildryn.

For the people that bought them and feel ripped off, respectfully, I imagine that a little research could have prevented such sentiment.

6 hours ago, Snydrex said:

I imagine that a little research could have prevented such sentiment.

Pretty much, to be honest, as DE has publicly stated that was the case a long time ago and reinstate this everytime a new one is made and it's brought up by chat or users.

15 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

But that's only for one melee weapon. The players wanting a float animation for all melee weapons is understandable but unlikely to happen. What you just said only fills one weapon type not all, that hardly does anything.  

And the fulmin is #*!%ing awesome.

Yeah but imagine the workload for all weapons to get a floating stance for 1 or 2 frames.  That is an unholy amount of animation and work to justify for so few frames.
Don't get me wrong i would love to have a floating animation for all weapons but it looks like a impossible ask. Narrowing it down to one weapon they decide is in her "theme" it would not be such a impossible thing to do. You know?

It gives us something that would keep her floating and her theme in line. It would do a lot. 

15 hours ago, Snydrex said:

I imagine that a little research could have prevented such sentiment.

They did. I don't have time to follow every devstream, i tend to see most but i missed a few. Sue me?   And the other place they mentioned it is twitter, and not on their Warframe account. No on a developers account, that i don't follow. So how am i to see it. 

True I should have researched but isn't making a written warning in the game shop on all those 3 frames animation sets so hard to do?  

• Like 1