Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

prime warframe sucks and heres why.

(PSN)Deadcut03

On 2019-05-23 at 3:17 AM, (PS4)Deadcut03 said:

what a prime mainly brings to the table

It brings you the possibility to play a very well developed game for free. That's what primes are for, their main purpose as DE's major bread-maker. Just imagine if DE put a timed subscription to play the game in those packs. Yeah, no need. Which is why primes are a good thing and we should be grateful they're even farmable for free.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I would rather they bake in a mechanic where you stick three umbra forma on a Prime it can proc into life like Umbra for a few minutes to rescue your butt over more slots or somehow being gated behind purchase only...

Except that's not how Umbral frames work...

Sure lets add another mod slot to primes that can remain empty thanks to that capacity I don't have. 

Primes are obtained for their fashion, the status, and the polarity (less forma costs to bring a frame to top tier/meta status is a very attractive process). There is no beneficial point to.what you are asking.

• Like 1

On 2019-05-22 at 7:17 PM, (PS4)Deadcut03 said:

in addition the prime main selling point is its aesthetic but it has no functional use so therefore is irrelevant.

As a true hardcore gamer, graphics and aesthetic are pointless, every game must look the same and have nothing differentiating enemies, all maps must look the same, no story, no cinematic's, abilities look should look the same, games  only need one thing and one thing only, nothing but pure, unadulterated, gameplay, ah yes, truly this is the epitome of peak gaming as decreed by the gamer high council. 

take into consideration when you spend 40-60 bucks buying the prime access.

don't spend 40-60 bucks buying the prime access then, problem solved.

Edited by AugustFestival

making prime abilities visually different from base frames is a good start nothing too complicated just something minor i'm ok with just changing the look of a exalted prime weapon if it's too difficult to implement

also for stats the ones that are raised should be the stats that are important to the frame

primed frames otherwise are alright I mostly get primed frames for the aesthetic

(giving every primed frame a trailer would be cool wouldn't it)

On 2019-05-23 at 2:17 AM, (PS4)Deadcut03 said:

hello as you can see I think prime warframes suck. now if you disagree please give me a productive argument.

now why do I think this? lets look at what a prime mainly brings to the table. more polarities and the death orb ability.

and enhanced stats. the only thing you can really take from that are the enhanced stats which in some cases have no impact one the warframe's performance for better or for worse. in addition the prime main selling point is its aesthetic but it has no functional use so therefore is irrelevant. take into consideration when you spend 40-60 bucks buying the prime access. which has nothing in it that actually holds value to your dollar at all. plus you could go get the normal variant and you'd only need a little more forma in fact it might require less. if the prime has undesired polarities that they have no interest in.

now how do you make primes actually worth a damn? give them more mod slots. like seriously give them more possibilities to expand upon builds. like one exilus slot and one normal slot so it won't be too broken or anything. unless primes receive this there really is no point in getting them if all I;m onna get is something that I can do myself. that's not worthy of being a prime, that's just cheap.

You're missing the most important part...... the BLING..... FASHION! 

Just look at vauban prime compared to his regular

chroma too.

On 2019-05-23 at 3:20 AM, Atsia said:

Except primes aren't intended as absolute upgrades to their base counterpart. DE had said this multiple times, along with not wanting to give us more mod slots.

And Yet, they are always 100% upgrades. more stats, added polarities and extra look, so you can ditch your original Warframe completely and you can use the prime as a prime (look) and normal look of the WF.

So they were kind of 100% upgrades all the time.

I only play prime weapons and prime WFs for this same reason. I won't spend forma, potato on a non-prime weapon if there will be a primed version and you have to do the same forma and level grind all over again. It is enough to level them both up to 30 one time.

The whole argument fails here.

Edited by H0PE

3 hours ago, H0PE said:

And Yet, they are always 100% upgrades. more stats, added polarities and extra look, so you can ditch your original Warframe completely and you can use the prime as a prime (look) and normal look of the WF.

So they were kind of 100% upgrades all the time.

I only play prime weapons and prime WFs for this same reason. I won't spend forma, potato on a non-prime weapon if there will be a primed version and you have to do the same forma and level grind all over again. It is enough to level them both up to 30 one time.

The whole argument fails here.

The extra stats can be hit or miss, and most of the time don't see anything significant to frame gameplay. Take Mesa for example. Her prime came with 20 more armor, 25 more energy, and 10 more HP. That's barely an upgrade, and does nothing to invalidate playing the base frame. You aren't intended to get a significant amount of better performance out of a prime, not unless there prime stats benefit an ability like with Chrome Prime, and even then it's nothing to write home about. And all the extra polarities do save some forna. And yes, there's reason to forma a base frame, since most people don't want to wait 2 to 3 years until a prime comes out and most people want to be able to PLAY the frame, and we only know the weapons it'll come with 2 or 3 weeks before the access drops, you can't know if it'll be something you've already leveled or not. And how a frame looks is completely subjective, you can't use that as a reason.

Edited by Atsia

5 hours ago, Atsia said:

The extra stats can be hit or miss, and most of the time don't see anything significant to frame gameplay. Take Mesa for example. Her prime came with 20 more armor, 25 more energy, and 10 more HP. That's barely an upgrade, and does nothing to invalidate playing the base frame. You aren't intended to get a significant amount of better performance out of a prime, not unless there prime stats benefit an ability like with Chrome Prime, and even then it's nothing to write home about. And all the extra polarities do save some forna. And yes, there's reason to forma a base frame, since most people don't want to wait 2 to 3 years until a prime comes out and most people want to be able to PLAY the frame, and we only know the weapons it'll come with 2 or 3 weeks before the access drops, you can't know if it'll be something you've already leveled or not. And how a frame looks is completely subjective, you can't use that as a reason.

Relevant stat increases, Change in outer looks and ability effects, more polarities

Primed frames don’t need extra mod space when you have the ability to forma every space. More polarities is already a good thing on its own I don’t even forma my frames unless they are unplayable for my playstyle in my case. 

The stats can be mediocre we could maybe have each frame have a 30% increase to 1 of the 4 abilities stats that are most relevant to their general play style or can be distributed individually by the player themselves.

This is unnecessary to me since the stats we get are just icing on the cake and it’s not like we are just getting a health increase for Octavia prime it will relevant to her general playstyle. 

The aesthetic of primed frames are also still a valid argument Primed warframes aren’t just supposed to be an obviously better than the base they are made to look good and should aesthetically be given a unique distinction from their base to reflect their status as a primed frame an example would be probably hydroid and hydroid prime a primed frame that I find to be done well

On 2019-05-22 at 9:17 PM, (PS4)Deadcut03 said:

spend 40-60 bucks buying the prime access

Point 1: farm it for free then, seriously.  I was so happy when they separated prime accessories and access from each other, so I could choose to support the devs by buying accessories (cosmetic, doesn't hurt anyone for it to be something you have to buy) and didn't have to "buy" something that I wish I would've played the game for instead, the frames and weapons themselves.  Also, you don't get JUST the frame for that money, you get platinum and boosters as well.

point 2: Increasing the gap in power between a frame and their prime counterpart would make it harder and harder for the devs to make new frames appealing without putting them somewhere between the power level of prior frames and their prime variants, thereby ensuring a consistent form of power creep in addition to all the other creep going on naturally.  Either that, or every new frame would feel like a farce in comparison to the legion of prime variants.

Point 3: Justifying the primes needing to be more powerful due to their cost if acquired through prime access is advocating for P2W.  This game isn't exactly competitive, but I don't think you'll find a load of people supporting the idea that we need to offer more unfair advantages to people who are willing to just drop money on the game.  Keep that swill in the mobile market, thanks :3

On 2019-05-22 at 6:17 PM, (PS4)Deadcut03 said:

when you spend 40-60 bucks buying the prime access. which has nothing in it that actually holds value to your dollar at all. plus you could go get the normal variant and you'd only need a little more forma in fact it might require less.

Are you...
Are you actually under the impression that Prime Access only gives you the Warframe? Are you forgetting the weapons and THOUSANDS of platinum?

I can sort of agree with assessment, but my conclusion is the complete opposite: I think the OP is right that Primes are basically just a very specific type of Deluxe skin with marginally increased stats and more native polarities, but I think the conclusion to that is that we should remove the gameplay components to Primes, i.e. the increased stats, separate frame and MR, and instead just establish them as pure Orokin-themed skins. Primes are meant to be a cosmetic upgrade to the base frame, but I don't think need to power creep the frame in question through higher stats, let alone extra mod slots, and on top of this I dislike how the advent of a Prime has us abandon all the progress and commitment we put into our base frame. Turning them into skins would address that issue cleanly, and the same I think could be done for Prime weapons (though the base weapon should inherit the Prime version's gimmick).

45 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I can sort of agree with assessment, but my conclusion is the complete opposite: I think the OP is right that Primes are basically just a very specific type of Deluxe skin with marginally increased stats and more native polarities, but I think the conclusion to that is that we should remove the gameplay components to Primes, i.e. the increased stats, separate frame and MR, and instead just establish them as pure Orokin-themed skins. Primes are meant to be a cosmetic upgrade to the base frame, but I don't think need to power creep the frame in question through higher stats, let alone extra mod slots, and on top of this I dislike how the advent of a Prime has us abandon all the progress and commitment we put into our base frame. Turning them into skins would address that issue cleanly, and the same I think could be done for Prime weapons (though the base weapon should inherit the Prime version's gimmick).

I mean, even from the get go of primes they came with a stat boost, if only the bare minimum. So DE did intend for some kind of stat bonus, just not as major as what we have today.

7 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I mean, even from the get go of primes they came with a stat boost, if only the bare minimum. So DE did intend for some kind of stat bonus, just not as major as what we have today.

Original Primes also came with altered, not added polarities, though, so they were originally intended to offer alternative playstyles, and now are just direct upgrades. As noted above, regardless of whether or not this is DE's intention, the point remains that Primes power creep the game by their very nature so long as they remain statistical upgrades to the originals.

3 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Original Primes also came with altered, not added polarities, though, so they were originally intended to offer alternative playstyles, and now are just direct upgrades. As noted above, regardless of whether or not this is DE's intention, the point remains that Primes power creep the game by their very nature so long as they remain statistical upgrades to the originals.

With this case, I'd argue it's the factor of bonus that makes then ok. As I showed, the bonus to stats mostly hang in the 10-25 range (though I'd have to look through every prime to determine the exacts). That's not gonna do anything for most frames, depending on the stats boosted of course

11 minutes ago, Atsia said:

With this case, I'd argue it's the factor of bonus that makes then ok. As I showed, the bonus to stats mostly hang in the 10-25 range (though I'd have to look through every prime to determine the exacts). That's not gonna do anything for most frames, depending on the stats boosted of course

Indeed, the bonus isn't particularly large, but I think that is precisely why they're not really necessary either: if these bonuses are intentionally so small as to be barely impactful, why even have them in the first place?