Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Post-Chimera Spoilers] Ropalolyst Lore

So for those who've done the Ropalolyst fight; what is your take on the voice text that Natah/Lotus says? 

There's the allegory in the beginning but I was specifically intrigued by the parts that state that after Natah was created she is confirmed (by herself) as a mimic, even though her camouflage works differently and her purpose was to infiltrate and eventually destroy the Tenno, as stated in TSD. 

Then we find out that that bit of the story turns out to be a hoax she didn't take mercy upon us - she was captured and imprisoned on Lua, and Margulis' personality was forced upon her against her will. 

Plus something about her hearing the Man-In-The-Wall, which is another confirmation of his existence. 

Not sure if this means the set up is being made as Natah as an enemy, or multiple layers of brainwashing. Opinions? 

8 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Then we find out that that bit of the story turns out to be a hoax she didn't take mercy upon us - she was captured and imprisoned on Lua, and Margulis' personality was forced upon her against her will. 

Finally, my biggest plothole (how was the Lotus given command of the Tenno!?) explained.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Finally, my biggest plothole (how was the Lotus given command of the Tenno!?) explained.

Yeah. And it does confirm my bias that Natah/Lotus isn't purely altruistic. 

Although, in this case the implication is much more sinister.... 

10 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Yeah. And it does confirm my bias that Natah/Lotus isn't purely altruistic. 

Although, in this case the implication is much more sinister.... 

It's also has interesting implications about that helmet of hers that we have on our Orbiter. In theory, if we shove that thing onto the head of a Sentient(a proper Sentient, not a drone), then Margulis' personality will take over them and they will become the next Lotus. Thats a very...... interesting thought.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

27 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Not sure if this means the set up is being made as Natah as an enemy, or multiple layers of brainwashing. Opinions

tenor.gif

I still don't fully understand what caused her to "revert" to Natah... Did Ballas just undo what the Orokin did? Also, what's Alad V'd issue with the Flydolon? Like, he talks about "appeasing" it, which makes sense, because he has to uphold his end of the deal with Natah, but why is it wrecking his stuff? Why doesn't Natah seem to care that he WANTS it to die, and even helps and encourages us to do it? Is it just because it's more animalistic, like the Eidolons? 

Also, why did Natah betray Ballas? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Yousho said:

I still don't fully understand what caused her to "revert" to Natah... Did Ballas just undo what the Orokin did? Also, what's Alad V'd issue with the Flydolon? Like, he talks about "appeasing" it, which makes sense, because he has to uphold his end of the deal with Natah, but why is it wrecking his stuff? Why doesn't Natah seem to care that he WANTS it to die, and even helps and encourages us to do it? Is it just because it's more animalistic, like the Eidolons? 

Also, why did Natah betray Ballas? 

I think what happened is when Ballas "freed" her thinking the Lotus is Margulis with her memories locked away he really removed her leash (IE her pod/helmet) and she remembered the truth. She then played along and pretended she was indeed Margulis until she could regain her Sentient power. As for why, well, he's an Orokin.

Edited by Vulture051
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AnOldAlias said:

Yeah, I absolutely adore this fight. Though the interesting thing to me is this, as well.

Seemingly the new boss is an offspring? Twin? Or something of Natah as well. Or perhaps just something birthed from her somehow.

FxnB3IT.png

All the Eidolons are pieces of a Sentient, it could be that the Ropalolyst is either a piece of Natah herself or from her "family".

What i find interesting is the revelation that someone was actually able to FORCE Margulis' personality into Natah, someone was actually pulling HER strings, forcing her to mimic Margulis in order to save us and give us a chance at survival.

Im more surprised she still has control over our transference, like damn. knocked me back into my warframe when i tried escaping the flydolons grabby handsImage result for grabby hand stick

Alad V is becoming more and more questionable. He's obviously out for his own personal gain, so does this mean if we offer him stuff he'll side with us? until it stops being convenient for him? Can't wait for The New War, i hope it's a big one with big battles, unlikely alliances, and cool space magic moments.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Implodingbanana said:

Im more surprised she still has control over our transference, like damn. knocked me back into my warframe when i tried escaping the flydolons grabby hands

I keep seeing people say this, but the few times I've been grabbed, i'm able to just stay outside the Warframe and keep fighting as the Operator.

11 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

I keep seeing people say this, but the few times I've been grabbed, i'm able to just stay outside the Warframe and keep fighting as the Operator.

it only happens occasionally, happened only once to me while grabbed. i think if you over use your operator abilities? might be the same rule behind simaris disabling an ability in ESO because of over use.

12 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

someone was actually pulling HER strings, forcing her to mimic Margulis in order to save us and give us a chance at survival.

how about putting together a suspect list, then? red veil and the quills seem to sit on top of it.

4 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

It's also has interesting implications about that helmet of hers that we have on our Orbiter. In theory, if we shove that thing onto the head of a Sentient(a proper Sentient, not a drone), then Margulis' personality will take over them and they will become the next Lotus. Thats a very...... interesting thought.

It should've been obvious from the end of chimera that it's the helmet who's "the lotus". maybe ballas copied margulis' personality onto the helmet to "archive" her mind before she was executed.

anyways, the helmet is obviously a personality control device and it's there in the orbiter to get slammed on somebody's head for a reason. maybe again natah's, maybe someone else's. but the helmet is important because you don't put a thing front and centre in an important doorway so that it's the first thing that you see when you enter.

natah wants to pull some kind of borg-plot on everything (probably lifted the idea off of the infestation), and she knows about wally, while lotus had neither in mind. again, the helmet suppressed the intention and that knowledge.

also of note is that we will be aligning with hunhow. he didn't want natah to rejoin the hivemind. he'll have to set aside his hatred for the orokin and cooperate with the zariman kids if he wants his own kid back. this is what he says near the end of natah:

As I awake, so will they. They will say you're riven and want to reclaim you. I will not be able to stop them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, evilChair said:

natah wants to pull some kind of borg-plot on everything (probably lifted the idea off of the infestation), and she knows about wally, while lotus had neither in mind. again, the helmet suppressed the intention and that knowledge.

I think this is important. Natah is aware of and acknowledges Wally. The Lotus seemed to shrug it off... Like willingly disregard it as fiction.

If that is true, there are some implications.

8 minutes ago, evilChair said:

how about putting together a suspect list, then? red veil and the quills seem to sit on top of it.

It should've been obvious from the end of chimera that it's the helmet who's "the lotus". maybe ballas copied margulis' personality onto the helmet to "archive" her mind before she was executed.

anyways, the helmet is obviously a personality control device and it's there in the orbiter to get slammed on somebody's head for a reason. maybe again natah's, maybe someone else's. but the helmet is important because you don't put a thing front and centre in an important doorway so that it's the first thing that you see when you enter.

also of note is that we will be aligning with hunhow. he didn't want natah to rejoin the hivemind. he'll have to set aside his hatred for the orokin and cooperate with the zariman kids if he wants his own kid back. this is what he says near the end of natah:

I'm pretty sure "Lotus" only exists when the Margulis and Natah persons are joined, probably through the helmet. Without the helmet, well... We get Natah, and I don't think she's very excited to wake up after a thousand years of making peanut butter sandwiches and juice box lunches for the enemies she was literally born to kill.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SECURATYYY said:

I think this is important. Natah is aware of and acknowledges Wally. The Lotus seemed to shrug it off... Like willingly disregard it as fiction.

If that is true, there are some implications.

dunno why, but i'm starting to think that the quills might not be as benevolent as they appear. something to do with how the unum is the personified "our world" to complement wally personifying the void. there's something really wrong in the picture that we have, and the more i think the more i'm convinced that whoever put the helmet on natah has something to do with the zariman incident. that that person did both, and knew what they were doing in advance with perfect knowledge of the consequences. only the quills can know that. and only they could have the foreknowledge that "the lotus" had to completely "forget" wally for some purpose.

the quills aren't necessarily on anyone's side but their own, and they're in fact untrustworthy if you look at their description:

Some say their relationship to cause and effect is unnatural, their knowledge profane. When a Quill acts, things change.

What I'm saying is that the Quills might be the worst guys in WF and that their "loyalty" to the Unum is a loyalty to wally's less indifferent variant, fragment, sibling, however you call it.

Edited by evilChair

15 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

I'm pretty sure "Lotus" only exists when the Margulis and Natah persons are joined, probably through the helmet. Without the helmet, well... We get Natah, and I don't think she's very excited to wake up after a thousand years of making peanut butter sandwiches and juice box lunches for the enemies she was literally born to kill.

For this purpose the Paracesis comes to mind. I feel like it will wind up being more of a scalpel used to carve out whatever "hivemind antenna" is in Natah, rather than become an executioner's blade. And then we can put the helmet back on. There probably won't be a return to the status quo, but I doubt that the helmet is just floating in the orbiter for nothing. It's going back on Natah's head, with Hunhow's blessing, and then we will have to deal with a cold, estranged, resentful, spiteful, but also perhaps even grateful Lotus, who is even more of a trauma-cocktail than she appears to be in the new boss fight. Hunhow will have to settle for that or lose his kid. Hunhow still has a role in the plot (he's not dead, just immobilised), and it would be bad writing if he didn't reconsider his allegiances just to save his daughter from the hivemind that he didn't want her to rejoin - most probably because there's something capital-B Bad in M O T H E R. Like, perhaps, Wally whispering. You know, the Void-personification who seems to grow in power with every dead soul.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

All the Eidolons are pieces of a Sentient, it could be that the Ropalolyst is either a piece of Natah herself or from her "family".

What i find interesting is the revelation that someone was actually able to FORCE Margulis' personality into Natah, someone was actually pulling HER strings, forcing her to mimic Margulis in order to save us and give us a chance at survival.

That is interesting,and I think that behind this is man in the wall (your father) maybe because she have some connection to find you like we seen in the game and he just use her because of that.... All is left to find him and understand why we need to kill her or something like that.