Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenith Alt Fire

sightjacker

Wow what do you have in your heads DE? the new Alt Fire based on ammo REALLY sucks, yeah sucks. 1 Clip *puff* auto again ._. at least make it "if you reload before reach 0 you can maintain the Alt Fire"

Edited by sightjacker

is it really that big of a deal to Press Alt after you Reload?

you can even write a macro to do that automatically if you keep forgetting

Since the seethru walls radar has a range based on where the disc landed; and I'm typically going to be moving around, its natural to be hitting Alt periodically to reset it manually anyway...

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

10 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

is it really that big of a deal to Press Alt after you Reload?

you can even write a macro to do that automatically if you keep forgetting

Since the seethru walls radar has a range based on where the disc landed; and I'm typically going to be moving around, its natural to be hitting Alt periodically to reset it manually anyway...

1. Yes you waste seconds, at high levels it matters...

2. Idc about the see thru I care about the Alt Fire Dmg.

3. You're Forced to recast it, before you can easily fire 20495245 clips before the timer expires.

Edited by sightjacker

2 minutes ago, sightjacker said:

1. Yes you waste seconds, at high levels it matters...

2. Idc about the see thru I care about the Alt Fire Dmg.

1. macro it then

2. in that case, does the old trick of Locking Zenith to Semi mode still work?

it used to be: hit reload, halfway thru the reload animation tap Alt. Zenith now swaps to alt mode but doesn't fire a disk. So its now in alt mode, but not alt mode, and doesn't expire.

1 minute ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

1. macro it then

2. in that case, does the old trick of Locking Zenith to Semi mode still work?

it used to be: hit reload, halfway thru the reload animation tap Alt. Zenith now swaps to alt mode but doesn't fire a disk. So its now in alt mode, but not alt mode, and doesn't expire.

Nope doesn't work anymore.

ZENITH REWORK BUGGED/UNUSABLE. (The Jovian Concord: Hotfix 25.0.2)

Hi, as others mentioned on different forums i have to write it down too.    
After the zenith rework, a bug still exists after latest patch .

Before rework there was a bug when using alt fire during reload caused the zenith to stuck in semi mode "forever", or until the alt fire used again.
Its nice that it was "patched", but it made the weapon even worse.

Problem:
Now if we press the alt fire multiple times during reload (by accident maybe) , the zenith stay in auto mode (disc not leave weapon), but after the animation, using  alt fire as usual (disc leaves), then shooting, makes the disc goes back and reloading zenith immediately, changes back to auto, instead of shooting in semi. This cannot be restored for the rest of the mission! The weapon can only be used in auto if this happens!. 
If you want to reproduce the bug:
1. shoot out a few bullets(left click)   
2. press reload  (R)  
      2.5   during reload animation press the alt fire (middle mouse) several times. spam it.
3. if reloading finished press the alt fire again once.   (now the disc flies out as usual and the weapon becomes semi)
4. If you shoot again in semi, you lose 3 ammo  and the weapon reloading automatically and goes back to auto mode.
If you goes through 1-4 you will stay in this cycle for the rest of the mission, and cant make zenith working in semi mode.
(sometimes using alt fire multiple times without reloading fix it, but its not a reliable way to use a weapon. 

--------------------------------------------

Apart from the bug, the new ammo system instead of duration makes the weapon  nerve-trying.
Before rework if i threw the disc, i had the option to reload as much as i want during the 30sec semi mode.
Now if i throw the disc, and reload for whatever reason (maybe i have 1 free sec to reload between killing 100 hostile target), the disc comes back, and i have to throw it again to enable semi mode. Which is frustrating, and makes reload time "longer" with the alt fire pressing.

My suggestions would be the these:
1. Make semi-auto switchable instant (like argonak, or tiberon) And make the highlighter duration based. (switching mode highlight crit spots for 30 sec.)
OR----------------------------------
2. Bring the old system back.  (using alt fire throws a disc for 30-40 sec highlights headshots, reload whenever we want).
OR--------------------------------
3. Stay with this rework, but let us reload anytime during alt fire mode.
Return the disc when we out of TOTAL AMMO (not the clip) or when we leave the disc further than 100 m (like the zenistar disc auto returns when we run from it).

I dont think the current rework is user friendly because pressing alt fire after every reload is really exhausting.

Thanks for reading.   

I posted this to weapons bug  forum and to the 1094905-the-jovian-concord-update-25-bug-report-megathread forum too, so maybe you can meet this post :).

I love zenith and i dont want to lose it.  

So I'm not sure where this stems from but ever since that change my Zenith just reloads after every single shot i fire in semi-auto mode. I can't prevent this reload and it immediately throws me back into full-auto. Zenith is one of my favourite weapons in the game but it's just entirely unusable right now.

The main problem with Zenith alt fire is the range, 20m just isn't enough. If they would buff it to 40 or even 30m, I wouldn't mind reshooting the disk. Better still, just get rid of the disk altogether and let it switch on demand. The gun is not anything special other than the wall hack, not really even MR10 worthy compared to other options.

1 hour ago, Buttaface said:

The main problem with Zenith alt fire is the range, 20m just isn't enough. If they would buff it to 40 or even 30m, I wouldn't mind reshooting the disk. Better still, just get rid of the disk altogether and let it switch on demand. The gun is not anything special other than the wall hack, not really even MR10 worthy compared to other options.

At least I would like switch to Alt Fire without any conditions 😞.

What´s the point of the time (or now ammo) restriction anyway? Just let me decide whether I want semi- or auto mode.

Also I think it would be better to separate alt fire from the disc. Tap "secondary fire" = change fire mode, hold "seondary fire" = disc

Edited by Arcira