Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players cannot connect to me and vice versa

JustL1me

Question

I've had an issue lately both hosting a joining games, as whenever I join a squad, the loading bar will fill 70% of the way and stay there forever while mission noises play in the background, and whenever someone joins me when I host, the side bar says they join but never load in and eventually leave after a minute or two (I won't host any games until I fix this so don't worry about me ruining your game). And of course, other multiplayer games work completely fine.

I believe this has to do with switching internet providers, as joining and hosting missions has never had issues until then. I've tried port forwarding on my wireless router, turning firewalls off and on to see which one might have been blocking the connection, and the Warframe network analysis tool says everything is fine, so all I can do is ask if anyone knows how to fix this sort of problem. Thanks.

Edited by -L1me-

3 answers to this question

try different UDP ports, make sure upnp/etc is enabled in game and on router (esp if your isp gave you a new one which you are using).  also check up on your isp to make sure they dont block ports on your behalf for some weird reason.

You can try changing your wi-fi broadcast channel in case somebody else is using the same channel as you, or trying to switch back to 2.4GHz if you are using 5GHz. 5GHz is faster but the coverage is much smaller.

signalstrengthmap.png

3 hours ago, Methanoid said:

try different UDP ports, make sure upnp/etc is enabled in game and on router (esp if your isp gave you a new one which you are using).  also check up on your isp to make sure they dont block ports on your behalf for some weird reason.

Thank you, setting the ports to different ports then forwarding them seems to have fixed it.