Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You ruined IO for weapon and warframe ranking now

crazyjr

Question

At more than double the size, double the doors and tri level with the target sitting in a hole, Io is no longer worth using for weapons ranking. Maybe helene on saturn will be my next go to, for junk MR fodder weapons. Oh well, Io was perfect for everything from ranking junk weapons, to farming resources due to it's small size. not anymore

15 answers to this question

The convenience of killing 3 birds with one stone: you get to farm for Meso relics (and a chance at Neo relics) and oxium and you can grind some levels while you're at it. I go to Io often for Meso relics.

Yes, you can use Hydron, you can definitely use Onslaught but it sucks if you're unfortunate enough to join in a session and people leave early out of pettiness because they aren't getting enough kills or they don't like the team composition. I will never forget that it took me 2 hours to level a Warframe because people kept leaving at wave 5 or 10.

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

What ? 

Where did you hear that Onslaught was Designed for Levelling Stuff ? 😮

It was mentioned during the Devstream where they first showed off Onslaught. Wasn't just Focus, Scott said it was the answer to the lack xp farm spots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

It was mentioned during the Devstream where they first showed off Onslaught. Wasn't just Focus, Scott said it was the answer to the lack xp farm spots.

Jesus !!! Wow !!! So now even DE is lying to us about ESO... 

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

What ? 

Where did you hear that Onslaught was Designed for Levelling Stuff ? 😮

ESO is designed as a focus farm spot because Adaro is a focus grind that was making focus even more hated than anything else. Focus needs affinity to be farmed, so a high focus spot = high affinity spot.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

In any case.... nothing beats leeching off a Saryn in any mode with butt loads of Tough enemies...

Like SO?

9 hours ago, Draegan said:

Use missions specially designed for leveling stuff, like ESO (for weapons) and SO (For warframes)

I know ESO has better ranking ability, but i'm still going through low level junk weapons. Io was the best balance of ease and difficulty to keep me from dying of bordom while going through the weapons. Besides even in pubs people complain about people not running the proper setup. Io you get less grief for running less than optimal weapons and warframes

9 hours ago, AirMaskNinja said:

HYDRON - SEDNA is the best place for exp farm, don’t go elsewhere -_-

on my higher level stuff i use it, but still cycling through the lower crap, Io works best for them

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

In any case.... nothing beats leeching off a Saryn in any mode with butt loads of Tough enemies...

can't do that on Io anymore, more than double the area and more doors too much area to cover now

For affinity you need to kill an enemy SO gives the most amount of enemies in the least amount of time however no resource drops

perhaps we can compromise by making io a oxium farming spot where it just happens you can level low level gear as well

everyone needs some oxium especially with oxium alerts no longer being a thing now

14 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Like SO?

Thats one option.

7 hours ago, crazyjr said:

can't do that on Io anymore, more than double the area and more doors too much area to cover now

Well yeah.... Its not the location that matters.... its Saryn.... just go where she goes and you'l be fine 😉

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

For affinity you need to kill an enemy SO gives the most amount of enemies in the least amount of time however no resource drops

perhaps we can compromise by making io a oxium farming spot where it just happens you can level low level gear as well

everyone needs some oxium especially with oxium alerts no longer being a thing now

I need Oxium for my Arching Launcher.

On 2019-05-23 at 4:49 PM, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

Or they could actually allow some decent affinity gain across the system not just a handful of very specific nodes. It shouldn't be like <redacted Ceres node> but a moderate amount. I've tried doing Akkad solo and barely went up a couple levels. A friend of mine went on a rant about the gains being pitiful in high level Void missions.

Io was a good spot if you didn't want to get left by PUGs at wave 5 or 10 or be steamrolled by the enemies and keep getting picked up. Made great use of it on PC while making my way through the system and eventually unlocking Hydron. I still go back when I need Meso relics or want to farm for a bit of oxium.

I've actually been using Endless Fissures to level up lately.... Uhm.... I won't lie... its straight up leeching but as long as I provide Relics I don't think That dude running around with Saryn really cares either way....

On top of that its a good way of obtaining resources....including Oxium...

And who knows.... if you stay longer enough you might get Berserker.