Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another 1-shot kill Boss

VanFanel1980mx

Ropalolyst rarely swings around for better shots and there are multiple highly convenient blocks to hide behind. Plus that whole operator mechanic thing being needed and having cloak abilities too. And each shot is choreographed with sniper red lines.

Yeah, a errant shot ruins a squishy frame but its still perfectly doable,

• Like 5

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

That's not the point, the boss is OK for the most part but instant kills like those keep limiting player's choice as usual, at least is not the Chroma meta.

Limiting how? If everyone dies in one hit, it doesn't matter what you're using. 

• Like 4

That attack only needs a better cue. The initkal rays are good, but they should either pulse or change colour when the attack is about to land. 

Also no, isn't a one hit KO thing. It's just high damage. My valkyr could take 1-2 shots just fine (out of hysteria obviously). 

Edited by Autongnosis

12 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

That attack only needs a better cue. The initkal rays are good, but they should either pulse or change colour when the attack is about to land. 

Also no, isn't a one hit KO thing. It's just high damage. My valkyr could take 1-2 shots just fine (out of hysteria obviously). 

That makes more sense, hope they give it a better wind-up visual.

Haven't bothered to log in yet. Does it do more than 100k damage?

Otherwise just sounds like how Warframe is designed to be played now.

If it actually has true damage one-shot kill attacks then I'd be intrigued.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 3

Have not seen the fight yet but have you considered dodging the attack with squishier frames? most bosses in this game with one shot mechanics are telegraphed as all get out and easily avoidable is you have any semblance of parkour skill. I'm not saying your bad or anything but the attack could also be well telegraphed enough to the point you could dodge it as well so I'm staying rather neutral on this one.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Have not seen the fight yet but have you considered dodging the attack with squishier frames? most bosses in this game with one shot mechanics are telegraphed as all get out and easily avoidable is you have any semblance of parkour skill. I'm not saying your bad or anything but the attack could also be well telegraphed enough to the point you could dodge it as well so I'm staying rather neutral on this one.

The fight is not hard.  Once you know what you are doing it's really easy.  However, it feels more like an obstacle course than a boss fight.  Part of the reason it feels that way is because you learn the mechanic or instant die.  It breaks the illusion of the fight.  It gets to the point where there are mini cut scenes mid fight and after you have to immediately go void mode or die because the boss was charging it's attack during the cut scene.  It would be a lot more fun if there was some actual back and forth.  Instead it's two powers each with insta-gib blowing chunks out of each other.

• Like 1

If you want a challenge, play Limbo. Everything ignores the rift. Even the mobs that spawns. There is no safety, just death. Other than that, the fight is pretty trivial. Most frames can do this with relative ease.

Edited by tychondus

Il y a 3 heures, Xzorn a dit :

Haven't bothered to log in yet. Does it do more than 100k damage?

Otherwise just sounds like how Warframe is designed to be played now.

If it actually has true damage one-shot kill attacks then I'd be intrigued.

No, it does around 25kish I'd reckon. Considering my Valkyr eHP and tau resist from adaptation i mean. 

Tho i must say the boss is entertaining. It's hard enough to retain buffs cause there is a lot of flying and parkour involved. It's more a more interesting variant of the Exploiter fight where it's not all about gear, but this time it's not "you can't fail on this hidden timer", it's a staged task sequence. 

And the extraction segment is amazing. Imo you should give it a shot. It's not hard by any measure, but it's fun. Considering we share the same stance on many issues I think you might enjoy it. 

It is almost death or death with 6-7k rhinoP (323 power) skin (300shield/300hp, no armour mods). The armour was out with 15 shield and 17hp left after one shot from full. Maybe it will help someone to count the damage.

I think it is supposed to be this way. He charges a freaking death star laser that can overcharge a capacitor the size of a skycraper. You should just not tank certain things in warframe like orbs explosions or this.. 

You gotta dodge it or hide behind stone/pillar or use your operator. 

For a star chart boss (cause i believe it is excatly this) he feels really great and is actually fun to kill. He is not hard thou, but i think there was no intention for him to be. 

• Like 1