Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Scott Says Desecration Is Fine...lets Prove Him Wrong.

tripletriple

Scott how about you consider the thousands of players who are saying it is absolutely useless? Is your opinion suddenly more valid than those who play the game?

In high level defence you are going to waste your power to use a skill that gets you 1 life orb maybe? First you have to hope that no one exploded it and there is a body, then you have to leave the safety of a frost orb or, sacrifice the safety of your team and pod, in order to sprint towards a body that will most likely disappear to get one life orb. Maybe a life orb, I've used it and got nothing! 

Apparently this is a useful skill to a necromancer. Where does this skill fit in with his moveset? Where is the synergy in that?

All those that oppose this skill and want to prove that the player base is relevant than please post and show your concerns here! We love necro! Lets show our love!

Edited by tripletriple

Uh, you can't balance an ability around one facet of the entire game.

Not everything is High Level Defense and not every 'Frame should be awesome at everything.

Please do not suggest we balance warframes and their abilities around High Level Defense.

Edited by Xylia

Uh, you can't balance an ability around one facet of the entire game.

Not everything is High Level Defense and not every 'Frame should be awesome at everything.

Please do not suggest we balance warframes and their abilities around High Level Defense.

I don't think triple meant to say that their basis of balancing warframes is on high level defence.. that was just an example.

his main point is that it looks like the DE are valuing their own opinions above the thousands of people that play the game, and have told them that they dislike the skill.

Scott how about you consider the thousands of players who are saying it is absolutely useless? Is your opinion suddenly more valid than those who play the game?

In high level defence you are going to waste your power to use a skill that gets you 1 life orb maybe? First you have to hope that no one exploded it and there is a body, then you have to leave the safety of a frost orb or, sacrifice the safety of your team and pod, in order to sprint towards a body that will most likely disappear to get one life orb. Maybe a life orb, I've used it and got nothing! 

Apparently this is a useful skill to a necromancer. Where does this skill fit in with his moveset? Where is the synergy in that?

All those that oppose this skill and want to prove that the player base is relevant than please post and show your concerns here! We love necro! Lets show our love!

Desecrate is bad because it makes Necro the Best Farming Frame. Which is bad: it means that people have to either play Necro or be less efficient. And, as we all know, MMO players (and don't kid youselves, this game is VERY MMO-like, even if it isn't technically an MMO) have an obnoxious tendency to choose 'efficient' over 'fun'.

It's NOT bad because it's bad in High Level Defense.

High Level Defense don't mean S#&$.

Okay, so let us assume it is a capture, are you going to need desecrate? What for? Maybe to get a mod? Is that what a necro warframe was made for? This community has a voice lets show them we can make a difference.

Should voice your opinion on Switch Teleport, if that's your excuse for an argument.

You'll only get one life orb if you Desecrate one corpse. And that's something only a person without any common sense would do.

You'd be an idiot not to use it on a large pile of corpses, its a chance for extra resources, mods and health orbs. It also spawns life support pickups in Survival.

Desecrate has its uses.

If you can't get over the fact that OMG he might have one ability that is utility, despite having 3 other abilities that have varying degrees of usefulness in the situation you decided to use, while also providing some sort of straight dps or a dps increase.

Desecrate is bad because it makes Necro the Best Farming Frame. 

I can agree with this to an extent. But resources drop like candy now, playing Nekros isn't something you most certainly have to do.

Okay, so let us assume it is a capture, are you going to need desecrate? What for? Maybe to get a mod? Is that what a necro warframe was made for? This community has a voice lets show them we can make a difference.

Hey, I LIKE farming, thankyouverymuch.

Sometimes I start running out of ammo when using ammo-crazy guns (hello, SOMA!) and I have lots and lots of energy to spare (becuase, yanno, most Capture missions are not hard enough to actually make me use my energy).

Dumping energy on corpses for a chance at mods, credits, ammo, resources....... YES!

I love it.

What ELSE am I gonna do with that 150 energy I've had stockpiled since the beginning of the mission? Imma kill a bunch of (*bleeeeeeeeep*) and dump it on an extra roll.

Might as well, right?

I like the ability. Nekros + Carrier = LET'S DO SOME FARMING!

Nekros is the ultimate farming Warframe. Just like Nova is the Mobile Defense Queen, Frost is the Defense King, Rhino is awesome at killing bosses and Infested, Excalibur is the King of Infested Genocide, etc.

Nekros is the best Farming Warframe.

I can spam Desecrate all day, no energy problems at all. It is not viable for Endgame defense.. because it's not intended to be... same goes for alot of other skills that have even less use in normal games than desecrate.

All Desecrate needs is a fix for death animations of enemies so it works on them, too instead of you having to wait for them to finish rolling around and holding their knee.

Nekro is not for all people it seems. Leave him alone and go play your Vauban or Nova.

What thousands of players? How do you know thousands of players are saying it's useless? Where are you getting your numbers from?

That's a very specific situation, in one specific mission. Not a valid argument for why it's bad. You need something far more general. But not so general as 'it's useless', because that's so general it's not informative.

What do you mean by moveset? His other abilities?

I oppose changing it. I don't think a week, or even a month, is time enough to understand the nature of the skill or how it might be used. Or even for DE to work out the bugs. 

Personally for me its not about whether the skill is useful or not, or works as intended.

The question I usualy ask myself with warframes is "Does this power make sence for X type of warframe?"

So, does a power to loot corpses make sence for a Warframe based around the theme of a necromancer?  (be your own judge)

Personally had a power like this been on what is essentially a 'Thief' frame, I doubt anyone would have much issue with it.

I love Nekros.  I love him because Desecrate is amazingly awesome.  50 energy - 35 if you've got streamline maxxed - massive AoE loot, creates orbs of both color, drops, even air in survival.  If it fails to affect a corpse, you can recast it.

Does it make sense?  Absolutely.  Enemies drop stuff on death.  The stuff they drop has nothing to do with what they were using.  Death creates drops, therefore it's reasonable to expect a death-themed character would include drop focuses skills.

Edited by Phatose

So, does a power to loot corpses make sence for a Warframe based around the theme of a necromancer?  (be your own judge)

A Necromantic warframe desecrating/looting the corpses of the dead for life, energy, and other stuff?

Yeah, it fits. That's kinda like what Necromancers do.

If they can't raise it as an undead, they'll pillage it, cut it apart, use the bones, harvest the organs, whatever. Nearly any necromancer in any game I ever played was like that. If they couldn't turn it into a zombie, skeleton, or somesuch, then they cut it up into pieces and made bone weaponry/armor from the bones and used the organs for flesh golems and the like.

well every warframe has it purpose

e.g. Saryn Nyx Nova crowd control and murder queens

Rhino the solo

Frost the defense king

Vauban the awesome troll engineer sort of

and Nekros is just the ultimate in farming

downside about him would be the cost for desecrate but it is understandable if you use it on large pile of corpses and who'd run out of the snow globe in a middle of the defense, we usually do that when there is only 1 enemy left

I dont know why but i knew he (Scott) was going to say "it's fine" even if he had hundreds of ppl saying the opposite.

I find it as an excuse because they still dont have an alternative skill to substitute it OR they like to give us an illusion of freedom of choice (they knew they were not gonna change it regardless our feedback).

If he really wants this skill to stay i'll accept, it's their game, but than i suggest 2 things:

- Energy cost reduced to 25;

- Bodies must stay longer to allow appropriate use of this skill OR it must drop stuff exactly like Shadow of The Dead works (it keeps in memory last 10 kills regardless of body or not and popup at Nekro's location all the drops)