Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't think DE knows how large clans generally work.

Poolboy

I'm in a mountain clan, and I'd say that about 70% of people in it are veeeeeery casual players, or just dead. How are we, the passionate palyers, supposed to get a gold trophy if we want it? Why does DE insist on making scoring a sum of individual high scores, rather than a lump of all scores? It just favors neophyte clans like Quasars and disincentives clans that aren't anal about how many times and when you log in. 

Edited by Poolboy

We're in the same boat as you (Moon Clan with 90% casuals, beginners...), I know we won't be able to achieve gold. I don't really think that's a problem this time as it doesn't block any weapon for whatever.

The trophy is here for the competitors. That's perfectly fine they have it but not us. That's like saying you should be able to receive an Olympics Gold Medal even though you're not Pro just because you exist.

• Like 6

Back in the day, before Mountain Clans were size-capped to 1000, we had a clan of 2500 people, with only 300 to 450 active, and still got Gold in every event. And that was when there was only one gold statue per tier, not for hitting a threshold. When it was a competition, when you either were the one and only best clan in the game, and every other Mountain clan was fighting for the same trophy.

How you operate and run your clan, and how combat-ready your clan is is down to your management. Sometimes, you gotta cut the fat, y'anno? And if you aren't that kind of clan, if you are a casual clan that is open to all? Then you probably shouldn't assume you can go for gold. Thankfully, it's not gear, research or anything other than prestige. It's nice to see that the dedicated clans have something to work towards.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

we had a clan of 2500 people

If you're talking about Quasars, it was only until Operation Breeding Grounds that they started to place top tier. Before that? Couldn't break even top three. My clan was hitting #1 in its class every time before that. It's obvious that these scoring methods are simply counting participation, rather than actual skill or dedication.

6 minutes ago, Poolboy said:

Quasars

My clan has never been anything but #1, never been smaller than Mountain Clan (even before the tiering system), and there hasn't been an event in Warframe from the very first until the clan dissolved we didn't win against everyone else. But that is old Warframe lore. And that was with an inactivity rate of about 60%. This event here isn't meant to win over others it's just tiered participation trophies as an activity check.

27 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Meanwhile, I'm freaking over what me and my 3 person Ghost Clan is going to do. X'D
(We're all active and really try-hard when we have to, but......I mean, we don't even make a Full Mission Squad. X'D XD)

Aw, it's not so bad. My three-man clan group got it pretty easily, took 8 or 9 waves with a couple failed consoles to get the ~7000ish we each needed. The mission's not too time consuming. but uh, make sure you can murder the hell out of demolysts/lock them down with magus lockdown or something. They have much health.

Edited by OvisCaedo

I dont think DE think this through, clan event after such long content drough, and expecting for 50% of people to participate is pretty stupid idea. I am from ghost clan, and during last content drough even the most die hard players from my clan who played everyday for few hours a day stoped playing regularly, see them login from time to time now.

If someone tells me I should have recruited more I would say, why would I do that ? I mean It wouldnt be fair to this people since I myself mostly login to game for sorites and nightwave and log out because of lack of any content to do, and no just because this update was coming wasnt reason enough to recruit people since I dont know enough about this update to be sure it wont keep me playing for few days only and I will go back to logging in into game for sorites(and nightwave when it returns) only.

EDIT: also even before content drough most of clans I encounted had around 25% of people who play regularly

Edited by Culaio
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Culaio said:

I dont think DE think this through, clan event after such long content drough, and expecting for 50% of people to participate is pretty stupid idea. I am from ghost clan, and during last content drough even the most die hard players from my clan who played everyday for few hours a day stoped playing regularly, see them login from time to time now.

If someone tells me I should have recruited more I would say, why would I do that ? I mean It wouldnt be fair to this people since I myself mostly login to game for sorites and nightwave and log out because of lack of any content to do, and no just because this update was coming wasnt reason enough to recruit people since I dont know enough about this update to be sure it wont keep me playing for few days only and I will go back to logging in into game for sorites(and nightwave when it returns) only.

I resonate so much with this post. 

Does it really matter if all you're missing out on is trophies and being top of some leaderboard?

As long as nothing is locked behind said trophies, or achieving certain scores, who cares?

The clans with good active populations get to brag about their scores, while everyone else can just complain about how DE messed up enjoy the new content. :wink:

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Aw, it's not so bad. My three-man clan group got it pretty easily, took 8 or 9 waves with a couple failed consoles to get the ~7000ish we each needed. The mission's not too time consuming. but uh, make sure you can murder the hell out of demolysts/lock them down with magus lockdown or something. They have much health.

We haven't tried it yet. Middle of the work week. But we'll get together this weekend and see how things go. (And thanks for the heads-up/advice with the Demolyst. I'll look into it and see how it works out.)

1 hour ago, Poolboy said:

Quasars weren't #1 until Operation Breeding Grounds, so I don't know why you quoted them. What is your clan?

I dunno, you mentioned Quasars, which isn't the clan I was in. In fact, I never heard of that clan (but I was gone for 4 years). Warbros was my clan.

1 hour ago, Poolboy said:

If you're talking about Quasars, it was only until Operation Breeding Grounds that they started to place top tier. Before that? Couldn't break even top three. My clan was hitting #1 in its class every time before that. It's obvious that these scoring methods are simply counting participation, rather than actual skill or dedication.

Yes, because the 8+ hours people spent in Shadow Debt, Rathuum, Pacifism, Ambulas, and soon to be Hostile Mergers just counts participation /s. I feel it's insulting as someone who did 7 hours of Defection to place on the leaderboards and help get a good clan/personal score.

The clan you are mentioning is the clan I've been in for 2 years. We don't just do participation, we try to place as high as we can on leaderboards with players who are passionate to push themselves. This scoring system favors the best your clan can do through each member, not what the best squad in your clan can do or otherwise.

If you want to be competitive in a clan, you should be in a competitive clan. You should not expect your small percentage of competitive clan mates to be able to challenge an entire clan of competitive players. That's not how it works.

Edited by Voltage

3 hours ago, Poolboy said:

I'm in a mountain clan, and I'd say that about 70% of people in it are veeeeeery casual players, or just dead. How are we, the passionate palyers, supposed to get a gold trophy if we want it? Why does DE insist on making scoring a sum of individual high scores, rather than a lump of all scores? It just favors neophyte clans like Quasars and disincentives clans that aren't anal about how many times and when you log in. 

You overestimate DE if you think they all know how their whole game works in general, they have a vision which is usually miles away from what the players will experience, on the other hand maybe DE is cleverly trying to make it so Warbros will never be able to keep up.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

Yes, because the 8+ hours people spent in Shadow Debt, Rathuum, Pacifism, Ambulas, and soon to be Hostile Mergers just counts participation /s. I feel it's insulting as someone who did 7 hours of Defection to place on the leaderboards and help get a good clan/personal score.

Literally nothing compared to the things that Warbros has pulled off. You're all a bunch of whippersnappers compared to us, lol. Not to mention 90% of your clan won't be doing anything other than just the required amount and then logging off. It really doesn't matter how hard someone grinds, a large clan with a completely active base will wreck any clan that doesn't have an active base.

Edited by Poolboy
  • Like 2

Do players want DE to treat Clans as the thing they are supposed to be or just not do any Clan content because people running Clans can't be bothered to manage their size and membership?

Hema shouldn't be difficult, if this is a hint as to what players should expect with actual Clan focused content.

• Like 3

Quasars always ends up at the top because they exploit the S#&$ out of the game, then DE never wipes their cheated scores off the board, Quasars then go on about how good they are at the game and gloat. Rinse and repeat, it's like any other event in warframe.

I understand wanting a gold trophy for an event, my clan pushed to get there, but, if you aren't willing to do the long runs to compensate for the players who aren't putting in the effort, maybe you should rethink either your clan goals or your clan size?

3 people in my clan of 28 wanted the trophy, so we estimated how many people would run the mission, and then calculated how many needed to run at min 4k and how much the 3 of us would have to get to compensate for what was left.  (Wound up coming up 34 points short without initial calculations lmao but we got it half an hour ago)

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 2

On 2019-05-23 at 4:00 AM, Chewarette said:

That's like saying you should be able to receive an Olympics Gold Medal even though you're not Pro just because you exist.

actually i think what's being said here is someone feels they should be able to carry their Clan if they want to put in the enormous effort to do so. 

which i'm not against the possibility being there, though ofcourse winning in such a situation isn't likely to happen. but, if i was making a game i wouldn't prevent them from trying if they think trying is fun.