Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ropalolyst boss mechanics. Good or bad?

More-L

I personally think it is a really good boss fight. The (in my experience) 1 hit lasers it fires from its feet is a little annoying. But I like how it isn't "bs" invulnerability phases but more objective based and allows knowledgeable/skilled players to get it done quite fast as seen in the spoiler.

But what do you all think? 

Spoiler

Pretty poor visual feedback, especially on the power interrupting effects which seem to have none, and prone to instagibbing you within a quarter of a second of cutscenes ending, but I guess the mechanics are... okay?

it still feels like there really just, isn't much to it, though, and it's squishy as hell. Guess that's not a big problem though since it's just there to be killed for wisp parts, so it may as well be quick.

Just now, OvisCaedo said:

Pretty poor visual feedback, especially on the power interrupting effects which seem to have none, and prone to instagibbing you within a quarter of a second of cutscenes ending, but I guess the mechanics are... okay?

it still feels like there really just, isn't much to it, though, and it's squishy as hell. Guess that's not a big problem though since it's just there to be killed for wisp parts, so it may as well be quick.

The first time you fight it does have some learning to it and was a little frustrating I'll admit, but I prefer it when you actually have to figure out what happens and what to do as opposed to the power disruption being blatantly slammed in your face the first time it is more like "Why are my abilities not working? What caused this?" 

I am still not quite sure how the grab attack works but being able to swap to operator and dash into it to free your frame is a good mechanic that I hope is intended.

• Like 1

For me this is weary interesting boss fight,and I think we need more boss fights in this cool direction for all planets.... Because this can become new thing with boss fights challenge or something like that. 10-20min. It's all what we need in boss fight, and to bee interesting in this level for all boss fights would bee amazing experience and simply fun to play... And 1 more thing,im happy more about this new boss fight then new map...and I didn't even realize.

Edited by Vlada91
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, More-L said:

The first time you fight it does have some learning to it and was a little frustrating I'll admit, but I prefer it when you actually have to figure out what happens and what to do as opposed to the power disruption being blatantly slammed in your face the first time it is more like "Why are my abilities not working? What caused this?" 

I am still not quite sure how the grab attack works but being able to swap to operator and dash into it to free your frame is a good mechanic that I hope is intended.

I did it once yesterday, the grab works like this:

You have to destroy the shields as the Operator, then you get close as the Warframe and get the prompt to grab it.

It took 5 minutes of me flying it around, pressing E and M1 to see if I had to attack it Kratos style when I noticed I was steering it. Then I saw the towers and went there to see if they did anything and Rappsy shot it and charged it. It was an "Mmmm...." moment. Then after it was on the middle part, destroy the Synovia and nothing? He just looked stunned? THEN I noticed the panel. Use it and it dodged. Then came "OOoooohhhh....". The rest is history. I just had to be quicker to use the button in the last part because it just gets stunned for like 1 second.

Just now, More-L said:

I meant when the ropa grabs you, not jumping on it.

Pop the Operator.

But it seems that there is some animations missing. Because it holds you it just stay there. Granted, you are being bombared by its attacks, but there is no "Struggle" option or anything.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Pop the Operator.

But it seems that there is some animations missing. Because it holds you it just stay there. Granted, you are being bombared by its attacks, but there is no "Struggle" option or anything.

I meant I don't understand why it grabs you. I didn't really notice a specific animation and sometimes it didn't grab me when I walked onto its feet. I understand how to escape it as I mentioned in a previous comment.

8 minutes ago, More-L said:

I meant I don't understand why it grabs you. I didn't really notice a specific animation and sometimes it didn't grab me when I walked onto its feet. I understand how to escape it as I mentioned in a previous comment.

Sorry, its 5am, just woke up. But like I said: something seems missing from it.

I really like it. I like the fact that there will be no meta - you simply bring a decent weapon and a frame that would work and you’re sorted. 

My only issue is Natah taking up half the screen. Ruins the parkour build up since you can’t see particularly well. 

I’d also like another reason to go back to it. I’ve farmed Wisp and probably the amalgam mods that I may dust off one day. 

I think for the most part this boss fight is good. But only if you have an Inaros or Valkyr etc. Any frame that relies on abilities to stay alive can be killed really easily. First solo run tried Nyx. I got killed really fast. Second was Zephyr and again I just got almost one hit killed all the time.

In a group It's much easier.

Its a great fight for how many times you need to run it to get Wisp and the new Amalgam mods. It does not have the 'staying power' to be something I would ever want to grind every day.

Not to say that is a bad thing, it is actually great that the boss fight fits its rewards structure. I am extremely satisfied without feeling burnt out on it and feel rewarded for my time. Having bosses that you run over and over and over again is also great sometimes, but having something that is short and sweet is a nice change of pace.

In future fights I would like to see a bit more dependence on your gear, be that bigger damage phases, add spawns, or other weird mechanics. While not being forced into one meta is good, everything being near equally viable also takes away from some of the fun of the min/max meta game.

Titania:

the other kingdom dancing GIF by Nickelodeon

Mostly a mobility fight. You don't need a chroma, you don't need volt shield, or Mesa dps. Nice quick fight with a simple "3 times" Nintendo'esk bop'em on the noggin structure. 

Things I hated. Lotus was double or better the normal transmission window size. She goes on and on each time. The incredibly short stun time of the very last phase, specially in solo. You have to practicality kill it while AT the button and hope you won't get insta no animation grabbed.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 2

I suppose once some of the major bugs get out of the way (Ropalolyst mostly glitching out and refusing to fire its death beam at the reactor, for instance), it's a good boss.

Another problem I have is that activating the console suddenly teleports Ropalolyst to below the platform, then suddenly teleporting back onto the platform after a brief moment. Also the sudden grabbing thing, which I still have no idea how to free anyone early from it. Doesn't help that the damage is inconsistent.

2 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Another problem I have is that activating the console suddenly teleports Ropalolyst to below the platform, then suddenly teleporting back onto the platform after a brief moment.

Pretty sure that's an intended mechanic. You need to stun it by either breaking a synovia or reducing its health to zero, depending on the phase.

Unless of course you mean it's teleporting despite the stun, in which case, yeah that needs a fix.

Personally, my only issue with the fight is the hand beams. I'd say their damage could probably be toned down a smidge. Either that or telegraph the AOE a bit more clearly.

14 минут назад, Firetempest сказал:

Titania:

Lazor beams still hit unless you do a barrel roll. And sometimes lazors are charging when you are stuck in a cutscene, so you exit out of it and right into your grave.

Overall didn't like it. One big interactive cutscene with some quick time events sprinkled on top.

Also want to kill Lotus with a wooden spoon. Not because story, but because she takes up about half of the screen during the whole mission.

Also you can be hit by something something that gives you a blue-grayish smoky aura. When you go into razorwing, the aura covers the whole screen, and you are flying blind.

Also no clear visual indication what happens to you and why. Operator stuff just randomly stops working. And it's one thing if you get transferred back, but instead your void dash suddenly stops working in a middle of a jump, AND you get stuck in operator form while midair above the clouds.

Also the fight has more bugs than a jungle. Loli running in circles. Loli getting stuck in pylons. Loli AI freezing. Loli being uncontrollable with WASD.

Edited by lnfine
  • Like 1

Honestly it was pretty boring, I was hoping for a challenging fight or mechanics like the Eidolons, this seems like it was made so a low level player could easily solo it, In otherwords not the content we have been waiting for, even the disruption mode is just meh now since they nerfed the difficulty and took out the boss spawning, honestly this just screams casual coddling 😕  smash bye bye GIF by Red Bull

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Pretty sure that's an intended mechanic. You need to stun it by either breaking a synovia or reducing its health to zero, depending on the phase.

Unless of course you mean it's teleporting despite the stun, in which case, yeah that needs a fix. 

Personally, my only issue with the fight is the hand beams. I'd say their damage could probably be toned down a smidge. Either that or telegraph the AOE a bit more clearly.

It's the second sentence. No animation of it moving or preparing a teleport whatsoever, just 'Instantly below platform after activating console, then jump back to platform with no indication or animation a few seconds later'.

2 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

It's the second sentence. No animation of it moving or preparing a teleport whatsoever, just 'Instantly below platform after activating console, then jump back to platform with no indication or animation a few seconds later'.

It doesn't telegraph its teleport anyway. Are you sure you're stunning it?