Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resolution doesn't work properly after Jovian update

-Kittens-

So once again 4K on fullscreen is broken, for the third time. Whatever you guys keep reverting in the renderer every time you push a major update, you should probably actually get rid of instead of just commenting it out, cause playing a fast twitch game in windowed mode at whatever arbitrary resolution the renderer decides to stick to is a giant pain in the ass, and so is waiting two+ weeks for a fix.

Okay, I decided to start a new forum post because no one seems to talk about it and no one provides one clear answer to this problem. 

What happened is, before I played warframe in 1080P in Windowed mode like I always loved to on Max settings. But one day after an update. The game just bugged out and made me only see the top corner of the screen (like very zoomed in) I could not do anything. The people in forums suggested I delete the warframe settings so it defaults them. Well what happened now is. When I am in windowed mode I can't change to 1080P the game automatically downgrades every time I select 1080 and confirm. Then when I go full screen and 1080 the game makes me zoomed in af on the top left corner of my screen so I can't see or acess anything on the bottom or right of the screen.

Please help me and provide a on topic related solution.

I DO NOT WANT ANY TECHNICAL BLABBER ABOUT WHAT I CAN AND CANT DO AND WHATS GOOD AND BAD FOR MY MACHINE. 

All I want is Windowed Mode in 1080P I know my PC can handle it I played on that this whole time! Literally until 4 hours ago. My PC easily runs World of Warships at Max settings in 1080P windowed. What is the problem?

Please post a solution. Thank you :3

It's probably your windows display settings, I like mine zoomed 150% and it now clashes with Warframe forcing it to be 150% more.

DE please separate Windows display settings and Warframe display settings again, some of us are blind and can't see tiny stuff.

Right Click desktop

Display settings,

"Change the size of text,apps, and other items.

Use recommended vs whatever yours is currently on.

1 hour ago, Corvenir said:

It's probably your windows display settings, I like mine zoomed 150% and it now clashes with Warframe forcing it to be 150% more.

DE please separate Windows display settings and Warframe display settings again, some of us are blind and can't see tiny stuff.

Right Click desktop

Display settings,

ok, lets try xD. cause i get a same problem here. its happen after the updates.

I had the same problem as posted above. I had been only playing on borderless fullscreen, which was 1920 x 1080. But after the update, it changed to 1538 x 600, something like that. Only after adjusting the scale and layout from 125% to 100% in my pc's display settings fixed the issue. But now everything on my laptop is rather small and difficult to see. Is there some to bypass this annoyance?

Booted up Warframe excited to play, however found that the game was reaching way out of my monitor borders when I use 1920:1080 resolution, so im forced to use windowed. I tried tweaking the aspect ratio, tried playing with UI settings, none of it worked. Tested some of my other games like Vermintide 2, Apex legends and etc, all of that worked fine. This only occurred after update 25 went live, I want to play on the best resolution. :(

Some resolutions fit fine but 1920:1080 does not. I can trick the game into giving me 1920:1080 by changing to 1680:1050 then to 1920:1080 but i cant move my cursor beyond a certain point of the screen. Its like there's an invisible wall there. (right side and bottom side of screen)

The resolution is fixed in 1536x864 in borderless full-screen and in full-screen it only let you to see a part of the screen in 1920x1080 (The resolution I've always used). As for windowed mode, although it appears that it allows you to put whanever resolution you want it won't go higher than 1536x864 appearently. I've reinstalled, tried to change the EE file, changed in-game options but nothing fixes it.

Yeah I having that problem too. Since the Jovian Concord update.

In my case I can only see the upper left part, Resolution isnt scaling properly, wich makes it impossible for me to play.

Just now that I had bought boosters, I cant play...who will compensate me for that? The timer does not stop....

I want to know when it will be fixed!? 

Same. Just logged in and got a 15 hour resource booster for some much needed Morphics. wasted.. I do hope they plan on fixing it soon, I know bugs come with the territory and hotfixes ALWAYS follow an update but as previously stated, timers don't stop in game.

• Like 1

Similar problem here, I usually play at 2560x1440p, but since Jovian I can only mouseover over an area of 2048x1152 ( well, I assume so, because that's the resolution I get locked in in borderless fullscreen and it roughly matches with the area I can access), then the mouse just hits a border. The game is still rendered and displayed at 1440p though.

Edit : this is apparently related to the "Scale and Layout" option in Windows. Thanks to Corvenir for finding it out. Scaling it back to 100% should help until it's fixed.

12 hours ago, Corvenir said:

Right Click desktop

Display settings,

Edited by Cemtleman
  • Like 1

hace 12 horas, Corvenir dijo:

Right Click desktop

Display settings,

Ok, changing the display size to 100% does indeed fix the resolution problem, but  i'm so accustomed to having it at 125% that i'll have to change it before and after playing warframe and it's quite annoying.

For those who have the fullscreen resolution issue I might have a possible fix. What I did:

1) Locate your warframe executable file ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Warframe.x64.exe   (the path could differ for those not using Steam)

2) Right click the executable and select properties located at the most bottom of the selection.

3) In the properties window, select Compatibility from one of the tabs on top of the window.

4) On this tab, click Disable fullscreen optimizations and make sure it is ticked, then apply and try opening the game in fullscreen

Note that this worked for me in 1920x1080 resolution and might not work for others. I still cannot play 1920x1080 in borderless windowed mode however. It just automatically puts my resolution to 1536x864. If anyone has a fix for that, I would greatly appreciate it.

just logged in a while ago, screen was messed up in fullscreen mode, pretty certain this isn't how a game is supposed to be played:
qKfP9Wb.png
(pretty certain i lost out on a daily login too because i had to alt+f4 to undo fullscreen mode to actually comprehend what happened)

Edited by PhantomNerifes
forgot image

Same for me, when ever I go into full screen mode it get's weird.

For example if I turn to 1080p or a higher resolution on full screen, the area in which I can actually move my mouse shrinks to a tiny window, having me to hard shutdown the game (cuz I can't click the "exit" button which is on the lower end of the screen)

The game itself is desplayed in the proper resolution but my mouse seems to think it's in a different resolution mode (tiny square on screen)

I can not play like this at all.