Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2FA Questions and Feedback

VenomousValentine

Hi, a friend need help with his account. He don't have access to his old e-mail and we need to change the e-mail BUT we can't do that because we need a "verification code" and we don't see any other option to change the e-mail for the game. Can we do something else? Because right now he can't verify his account to be able to do trades in game

So after attempting to trade yesterday and being blocked until I have 2FA, I want to voice my displeasure. Timing was terrible! This sort of change should have been managed a lot better! So DE, in the future if you are going to lock people out of things in order to force changes on their account, as a player it'd be nice to get some idea of what's happening beforehand! I do not generally use forums, but feel this needs to be said and after opening a support ticket I was directed here. As such, I had no idea this change was occurring. Having since researched it and done it, it is something I would have been interested in without being locked out of something mid game! Please put a note about these changes on the "NEWS" in the game itself next time as that's about all I skim read.

il y a 2 minutes, Orsome a dit :

So after attempting to trade yesterday and being blocked until I have 2FA, I want to voice my displeasure. Timing was terrible! This sort of change should have been managed a lot better! So DE, in the future if you are going to lock people out of things in order to force changes on their account, as a player it'd be nice to get some idea of what's happening beforehand! I do not generally use forums, but feel this needs to be said and after opening a support ticket I was directed here. As such, I had no idea this change was occurring. Having since researched it and done it, it is something I would have been interested in without being locked out of something mid game! Please put a note about these changes on the "NEWS" in the game itself next time as that's about all I skim read. 

They said it on the forum, on devstream, on prime time, on the official website..... and even in the patchnotes

Enabling 2 factor authentication is not a difficult task, you go to your profile on the main site, enable it, validate your e-mail, and you're done.

Moreover it adds increased security to both sides of the trade--it secures your account from potential unauthorized breaches, and it drastically reduces the chances that the account you are trading with is not using a temporary throwaway e-mail address being used to ferry fraudulent platinum.

As Wind_Blade stated as well, DE did announce these changes in several locations as well. 

Just now, Wind_Blade said:

They said it on the forum, on devstream, on prime time, on the official website..... and even in the patchnotes

None of which I read/look at. I don't play games to read. I play the games to play the games. I skim read the notes on the game, that's it. This change was forced in the game by restricting game content! And that is the first time in 6 years that's happened!

3 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Enabling 2 factor authentication is not a difficult task, you go to your profile on the main site, enable it, validate your e-mail, and you're done.

Moreover it adds increased security to both sides of the trade--it secures your account from potential unauthorized breaches, and it drastically reduces the chances that the account you are trading with is not using a temporary throwaway e-mail address being used to ferry fraudulent platinum.

As Wind_Blade stated as well, DE did announce these changes in several locations as well. 

I'm not denying or even questioning the extra security 2FA adds. What I am annoyed about is having content in the game blocked until I "voluntarily" enable 2FA. That is simply not right! I have no problem with the principle of 2FA, I have a problem with how they blocked me trading because they added a feature. 

EDIT - forgot to add, that I couldn't trade until I relogged... so I am just lucky I managed to get that trader to wait.

Edited by Orsome

3 minutes ago, Orsome said:

None of which I read/look at. I don't play games to read. I play the games to play the games. I skim read the notes on the game, that's it. This change was forced in the game by restricting game content! And that is the first time in 6 years that's happened!

So, you're complaining that DE didn't do a good enough job communicating the change and updated trade requirements through official channels... and are also complaining that you will not read official announcements or communiques because you refuse to read patch notes and announcements?

Forgive me but there is a certain irony to your complaint that seems a bit humorous.

6 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

So, you're complaining that DE didn't do a good enough job communicating the change and updated trade requirements through official channels... and are also complaining that you will not read official announcements or communiques because you refuse to read patch notes and announcements?

Forgive me but there is a certain irony to your complaint that seems a bit humorous.

That's not correct, if you read my post properly you would see that. I am complaining they locked IN GAME content and did not tell us IN GAME in advance of this. Trolling like that is one of the reasons I do not use forums.

My concern with 2FA is that I read yesterday that another player had it enabled, lost access to the email it was activated on, and that he/she can no longer play because even WF support cannot disable 2FA once it's enabled. I just would like some confirmation regarding this.

Now I understand that there's gonna be the "Don't get hacked, simple" kind of comments, but just a few weeks ago, Firefox had a certificate glitch which disabled all the addons including noscript, adblocker etc which wasn't obvious until a site was loaded, filled with nasty ads that can also contain malware, keyloggers, ransomware, even if you don't click on the ad itself, but by the time that happens, chances are your email and other logins are already being recorded and prepped to be taken by the nasty hackers. And would you expect this to happen on a random day when you decide to browse the net? Because that's how it happened.

Edited by Vanythe

This is just idiotic...

can someone tell me why i just had to enable 2FA 2nd time?

I enabled it before the update and now it said i have to enabled it when i wanted to trade wit ha friend. 

What is wrong with DE's Database?

4 hours ago, Talinthis said:

i had mine activated for years and i didnt even realize. anyone that dislikes it just doesn't know how it works.

I've had 2FA enabled pretty much from the day I started, but I dislike it because I don't feel like it adds much of a protection. Verification code goes to the same email we use as our login so the person who is trying to login to our account most likely has access to that email. On top of that asking the code only once per login location means that if someone in my household got ahold of my login details and logged in from this PC the 2FA wouldn't even trigger. Also it can't be disabled so it is goodbye account if I ever lose access to the email. I have nothing against 2FA in general, I just wish Warframe had more options for it like SMS, mobile app, using different email for the 2FA code etc.

19 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

I think its to stop bots and player scams, makes things easier to track their end, I'm ok with it if it means it can cut down on scammers. Its only an email and confirmation, nothing major, hell I'd even be ok with them doing like a credit card check to make sure someones an adult before playing their game, since Warframe is a mature rated game and all that, this stuff doesn't really phase an old guy like myself

No credit card please, i do not have a credit card

18 hours ago, Sonicbullitt said:

Your phone number, is what they usually use for 2FA and do not like giving that away without good reason. That is unless DE uses a different kind of 2FA that does not require a phone number, nevertheless It makes logging in more complicated and I do not like that. Even if only slightly more annoying it is still an extra step I need to do, before logging in. It is unnecessary in my opinion, it should be made optional regardless.

As for how 2FA can make hacking an account easier, if the 2FA requires a phone number, it means all the hacker needs to do is find that phone number on an account somewhere on a website, like facebook for example. A phone number is a lot more common and public than a password, so it makes the account a lot more likely to be hacked with 2FA than than without 2FA.

How does finding your phone number help them whatsoever when they also need your physical phone then?

14 hours ago, Orsome said:

Well you are a special kind aren't you, if you are unable to read the information provided to you that is entirely your mistake

The information was provided ingame after all, in the INGAME patchnotes?

Edited by (PS4)Schobii564