Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2FA Questions and Feedback

VenomousValentine

2 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

It's a good thing to have.

Their system is seriously flawed though. Do you use the same password for WF and your email? If yes, we just bypassed 2FA and stole all your platinum and sold all your stuff. *No, I don't want you to answer that. 

Edited by krc473

4 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

Just activate it and stop crying about it lol, It's a good thing to have.

It should be a good thing. Cake is generally a good thing, but if I force it down your throat by surprise, when you try to play a game... No? Don't get it? Sad. Not for me, for you. Good luck for your life, mate.

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Their system is seriously flawed though. Do you use the same password for WF and your email? If yes, we just bypassed 2FA and stole all your platinum and sold all your stuff. *No, I don't want you to answer that. 

And don't forget that it offers no security if the person trying to login to a Warframe account does it from the same PC because the system only asks the code once per location. I mean anyone in my household could login to my account and destroy everything in a matter of minutes if they found out my password. And I've had that happen with my ex who deleted everything on my WoW account after an argument before 2FA became a thing. I don't mind having 2FA (infact I have it active on every game and account that offers it), but I would want something better than Warframe currently has.

12 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Having the same password is your mistake, not the system's

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Noble_One said:

tbh... why isnt ran through their app on a phone/tablet like nearly everyone else?

Google no longer serves applications to Huawei smart phones, and Huawei dominates the Chinese market.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Admiral_Aetius said:

Having the same password is your mistake, not the system's

That is true. But it’s also possible to have your passwords leaked online. You could have two different passwords, someone could gain access to both accounts. DE’s 2FA really offers very little security.

• Its easy, your computer gets infected with a Keylogger. The internet has access to your Warframe account because DE’s 2FA system is poor.

10 минут назад, Vesiga сказал:

Just activate it and stop crying about it lol, It's a good thing to have.

If only it was so easy. Currently a lot of people can't recive email for 2FA activation or 2FA login code. Wich means huge chunk of content as trade or game itself are blocked for them. And it seems that support or DE doesn't care. My ticket is unanswered for 3 days already and there is still no official answer from DE about this issue.

2FA is a good thing but implemented this way it makes a lot of people uanble to play Warframe for no reason.

9 minutes ago, krc473 said:

That is true. But it’s also possible to have your passwords leaked online. You could have two different passwords, someone could gain access to both accounts. DE’s 2FA really offers very little security.

• Its easy, your computer gets infected with a Keylogger. The internet has access to your Warframe account because DE’s 2FA system is poor.

You wrote that post as if that 1 in a million unlikely scenario can happen easily to a lot of people. If it does happen to somebody, then it would DEFINITELY have happened anyway before the 2FA system was introduced. 

No security system is 100% full proof.  But we can at least make it ~98% full proof.  2FA is becoming quite common for many things nowadays, I have to use it every time I do online bank transactions, logging in government instances, etc. Steam also has several annoying safeguards, obstacles and limitations you have to go through just to trade.

It's all inconvenient but that's life, too many dumb people out there who make life harder on themselves by infecting their PC with keyloggers or using 1 master password for everything (it's their responsibility) or simply being naive AF getting conned and helpdesk has to waste their time cleaning up their messes, thus clogging the system making other people wait longer for their tickets to be answered.

45 minutes ago, krc473 said:

My e-mail secure phone 2FA. if My password same and you now my e-mail try login. google send me sms and say please use this code to login. u need my phone to

5 minutes ago, MystMan said:

You wrote that post as if that 1 in a million unlikely scenario can happen easily to a lot of people. If it does happen to somebody, then it would DEFINITELY have happened anyway before the 2FA system was introduced. 

It was more an example for why “having the same passwords” is not the only way someone could gain access. I never said it was likely, nor did I imply it. It can happen. Regardless, we seem to be getting a little off topic.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

What if they used Authy instead? I don't know, when it comes to sharing a computer I would even go as far as to have user accounts from the OS itself.

5 hours ago, krc473 said:

2FA is in case their system gets hacked/breached.  It is a liability thing. If YOU choose to be an internet moron and use the same password for both, that is a you problem.

6 hours ago, ABalazs said:

...into 2 factor authentication such a rude way? I mean if the game wants me to do something, it could just ask. I can't miss when I have a platinum discount, the game rubs it into my face hard, but I had to interrupt a good trade opportunity because there were no in game hint about 2fa became mandatory, besides blocking me from using the trading post. Please ask me DE, if I am an annoyed customer.

in every promotional thing they did for the Jovian Concord they stated you would have to enable 2FA. In every devstream they mentioned the JC they talked about 2FA. Its not DE's fault you're oblivious. They even said it in the blurb that comes up talking about the update when you download it.

Sounds like you should read patch notes more. There was literally a section dedicated to the 2fa changes in the U25 notes.

On 2019-05-22 at 4:31 PM, [DE]Megan said:

TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION (2FA) ADDITIONS AND CHANGES

Enable 2FA today and get the exclusive Fae Step Ephemera! 

Follow these steps to enable 2FA:

1. Log into your PC account on the Warframe website and go to the Account Management page.
  2. You will see the option to “Enable Two-Factor Authentication” there.
  3. You’ll receive an email with a link to confirm. Click the link, and you’re all set!

PLEASE NOTE: Before enabling 2FA, be sure that you have access to the email associated with your Warframe PC account. If you no longer have access to the email associated with your Warframe PC account, submit a ticket to support.warframe.com and request an email change. Support will also enable 2FA on your behalf once the email update is complete. 

If you already have 2FA enabled, you can log in now to receive the inbox message from Ordis containing the Fae Step Ephemera. 

2FA and Trading: 
You are now required to have 2FA enabled to trade with fellow Tenno. It is required to protect both parties from participating in account invasion-related situations.  When both players have 2FA enabled, it helps to ensure that the persons trading are the legitimate account holders trading their own items. 

Learn more about 2FA here: https://www.warframe.com/2fa-faq 

If you didn't know that 2fa was required to trade now it's your fault.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

We're not in China buddy. Nice try.

No, but the game services China and they need to provide a uniform system that can be rolled out to all regions. Plus Huawei is not China exclusive. So when Google stops supporting it, mobile activated 2FA would become problematic. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

We're not in China buddy. Nice try.

Huawei is an international consumer electronics manufacturer, selling smart phones in Europe and the US. If you have a device made by Huawei in the US or Europe, you are still affected by Google no longer serving Huawei devices. Additionally, Warframe is on the Chinese market, too. I'm quite aware that the US market buys iPhones (Also made in China, funnily enough) predominantly, but even there's Huawei devices. Putting 2FA on the Android platform via Warframe's app would not work out, as a considerable portion of Warframe's userbase could not access that 2FA app.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

in every promotional thing they did for the Jovian Concord they stated you would have to enable 2FA. In every devstream they mentioned the JC they talked about 2FA. Its not DE's fault you're oblivious. They even said it in the blurb that comes up talking about the update when you download it.

I couldn't care less about JC, I am nowhere on the star chart, and they said this is mostly endgame content. One more frame on the highest shelf, so not for me. Maybe two or three years, and I will be there. This was the only change that could be important to me in any way - besides the disappearance of nightwave - which does not even connects to the content patch. So it _is_ DE's fault. Strangely, when they want my money, I always know about that, from the game client itself.

You have 2fa activated now right? So, one and done. Might have been annoying that one time but its not like they're trying to ask you to e-mail confirm every single trade you make.

Do however agree with the sentiments that this should have been communicated better in game as not everyone hangs on watching every devstream or jumps to the update thread every time theres an update or hotfix. A simple in-game email message for existing users and the same for every new player who gets to MR2 so they know they have to enable it to trade would be great.

• Like 1