Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2FA Questions and Feedback

VenomousValentine

57 minutes ago, Giantconch said:

Do however agree with the sentiments that this should have been communicated better in game as not everyone hangs on watching every devstream or jumps to the update thread every time theres an update or hotfix. A simple in-game email message for existing users and the same for every new player who gets to MR2 so they know they have to enable it to trade would be great.

Just this. Thanks mate.

I really don't know how can every second people misunderstand what I want to say. This was a very unpleasent surprise, even if the 2fa is not a bad thing on its own.

Edited by ABalazs

1 hour ago, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

Never seen someone complain about having extra digital security when it comes to protecting their account. Quite odd…

I'll start to complain when the 'security' starts to get too intrusive or obnoxious. Sending 1 email 1 time to confirm that a new machine is actually you isn't too bad, and I actually had to check to see if i had it on simply because it's that unobtrusive. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Admiral_Aetius said:

Lol what? Let me say this slowly.

Use a different password for every d i f f e r e n t account you create.

Does it make sense now?

I don't see how using the same password for everything is a mistake. Just dumb to make a new password for everything. Maybe if you're a streamer or a FBI agent I can understand, some one of importance.

But what I meant by your logic is absurd is that everyone shouldn't have to have seperate passwords for everything and it shouldn't be frowned upon. I don't hate this system, in fact i welcome it. If someone wanted to get into my account they would get into it with the 2 step verfication code or not. I know I don't and probably never will. And by differnet account I'm assuming different platforms? Different games. Pretty sure DE doesn't allow people to have more than one warframe account without permission.

Edited by Domztheone1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Admiral_Aetius said:

Lol what? Let me say this slowly.

Use a different password for every d i f f e r e n t account you create.

Does it make sense now?

Plus I was well aware of what you meant. Absurd means ridiculous or laughable. 

26 minutes ago, Domztheone1 said:

I don't see how using the same password for everything is a mistake. Just dumb to make a new password for everything. Maybe if you're a streamer or a FBI agent I can understand, some one of importance.

But what I meant by your logic is absurd is that everyone shouldn't have to have seperate passwords for everything and it shouldn't be frowned upon.

I ain't gonna reply any further because it's clear you are not using your head to think.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help but be extremely frustrated with how 2FA was handled. Both by DE and the community at large. I was surprised that very few players were as disturbed as I was when trading became locked behind an ineffectual and irreversible wall under the guise of "improved security". Trading, when considering how many players new and old receive items from trade chat, is the second largest feature aside from missions themselves. Large enough that some people use trade chat more than running missions. The fact that DE simply cordoned off such a large swath of content arbitrarily should send up a lot of red flags. 2FA, from my understanding, is still irreversible and riddled with bugs and other issues. All of this because there were small groups people actively violating the EULA or who failed so miserably at basic security practices that they lost their credentials. How is this the fault of the community as a whole? How is this cause enough to make such a drastic policy change? I hate the fact that the community accepts this and that most don't seem to realize the precedent this sets.  

2 minutes ago, Auron732 said:

I can't help but be extremely frustrated with how 2FA was handled. Both by DE and the community at large. I was surprised that very few players were as disturbed as I was when trading became locked behind an ineffectual and irreversible wall under the guise of "improved security". Trading, when considering how many players new and old receive items from trade chat, is the second largest feature aside from missions themselves. Large enough that some people use trade chat more than running missions. The fact that DE simply cordoned off such a large swath of content arbitrarily should send up a lot of red flags. 2FA, from my understanding, is still irreversible and riddled with bugs and other issues. All of this because there were small groups people actively violating the EULA or who failed so miserably at basic security practices that they lost their credentials. How is this the fault of the community as a whole? How is this cause enough to make such a drastic policy change? I hate the fact that the community accepts this and that most don't seem to realize the precedent this sets.  

So your problem is basicly with the community not DE ?

Could you please explain what it so bad about 2FA?
I'm not talking about bugs. That's another story. What's so bad about that feature?

Btw. most of us didn't get surprised by that change, because we are reading the news in the forum or on the website or on twitter...

Edited by WhiteMarker

DE didn't block Trade from any player.

2FA is done via e-mail, which you have to have to create your account in the first place. So you get an e-mail to your account to verify it and done. Might not be the most effective, but it is one of the least bothersome 2FA game companies use.

• Like 2

Just now, Ryim_Drykeon said:

DE didn't block Trade from any player.

2FA is done via e-mail, which you have to have to create your account in the first place. So you get an e-mail to your account to verify it and done. Might not be the most effective, but it is one of the least bothersome 2FA game companies use.

You have to sign up for 2FA to access it. How is that not effectively blocking it? Just because it's less troublesome doesn't make the policy change any less draconic. There was no reason to take 2FA from being optional to mandatory to access all features of the game.

1 minute ago, Auron732 said:

You have to sign up for 2FA to access it. How is that not effectively blocking it? Just because it's less troublesome doesn't make the policy change any less draconic. There was no reason to take 2FA from being optional to mandatory to access all features of the game.

Could you please explain in detail what's so bad about it?
I mean, you just have to get one email and that's it. What's so bad about ONE email?

Wow. You have to go to the DE site. Log in with your e-mail and password (that you use in game), go to your Account Settings and click the button that says "Enable 2FA". The HORROR!!!! The absolute HORROR!!! How could DE make someone do all that WORK!!! [/sarcasm]

Seriously? Are you really that lazy that you think this is a bother?

6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Could you please explain what it so bad about 2FA?
I'm not talking about bugs. That's another story. What's so bad about that feature?

2FA by itself is relatively inoffensive aside from the fact you can do nothing about it once it's active. The principle of the issue is more important than the form it took. I don't see why DE would make this feature effectively mandatory. It also concerns me that they just casually made this change with little to no acknowledgement of it before they implemented it. It concerns me that they may do this in the future with something substantially less "player oriented" in mind. 

• Like 1

Honestly, If they'd have asked for anything else- phone number, that sort of thing, I'd be up in arms. 

But they already have that email account, so it's not like it's a bother. I might care more if it had been a more important email account, but eh. 

Am I a little mad they decided you can't trade without 2FA? Yeah, a bit, that S#&$ is coercive as hell considering how important trading is. 

• Like 1

Just now, Auron732 said:

2FA by itself is relatively inoffensive aside from the fact you can do nothing about it once it's active.

So what? Why is that bad? 
How often do you switch your email? óÒ

Just now, Auron732 said:

I don't see why DE would make this feature effectively mandatory.

Their game, their rules.
Then can make whatever they want. And 2FA is really not the worst the could have done.

1 minute ago, Auron732 said:

It also concerns me that they just casually made this change with little to no acknowledgement of it before they implemented it.

They gave information before the change happened.
You failed to read news. That's not DE's fault. It's yours.

It concerns me that they may do this in the future with something substantially less "player oriented" in mind. 

Rather pessimistic...

And again:
What the hell is so bad about getting this one email? It's not like you have to write a letter to DE with your social security number and such...
It's just an email.

• Like 1