Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2FA Questions and Feedback

VenomousValentine

At first I cared, but thinking of what other companies have done for the same thing.. yeah this is ultimately better in the long run.

For Activision-Blizzard games, you need your ID, Email & Phone Number. This in comparison is nothing. 

It does suck for players caught unawares though, encountered quite a few players wanting to trade who didn't have it.  

Those without 2FA should get an inbox mail saying the consequences of not having it. That way it's easier for everyone.

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

So what? Why is that bad? 
How often do you switch your email? óÒ

Their game, their rules.
Then can make whatever they want. And 2FA is really not the worst the could have done.

They gave information before the change happened.
You failed to read news. That's not DE's fault. It's yours.

Rather pessimistic...

And again:
What the hell is so bad about getting this one email? It's not like you have to write a letter to DE with your social security number and such...
It's just an email.

1. I have multiple employer email addresses and one personal address. The idea that I could be incidentally locked out of my personal with no recourse would be a gigantic pain in the ass. 

2. So that means I should just accept everything that DE puts out and not question any of it? I'll get on that soontm.

3. You have a point there, I missed it initially and found it after the fact.

4. I don't care for blind optimism.  

Edited by Auron732

2 minutes ago, Auron732 said:

1. I have multiple employer email addresses and one personal address. The idea that I could be incidentally locked out of my personal with no recourse would be a gigantic pain in the ass. 

How often do you get locked out of your email address? What are you doing wrong? XD
I'm using email since... I don't even know. Never got locked out of a email address that I actively used.

3 minutes ago, Auron732 said:

2. So that means I should just accept everything that DE puts out and not question any of it? I'll get on that soontm.

If it's such a minor thing, then yes.
You get one email and that's it. No big deal.

4 minutes ago, Auron732 said:

4. I don't care for blind optimism.  

I bet each day you live in fear of a meteor hitting you, because, you know, it MIGHT happen...

Not sure what the fuss is about.  They don't ask for information they don't already have, the process wasn't awful, and it's really uninstrusive overall. 

After someone logged into my account and traded some Prime parts and event mods while I was at work (bloody roommate looking over my shoulder) I'm rather glad to have 2FA.  

• Like 1

I don't mind 2FA, but DE definately should offer more choises for it. From my point of view the current one offers very little security to anyone who shares a computer or even lives with another person because the system only asks the code once per location.

5 minutes ago, Auron732 said:

The idea that I could be incidentally locked out of my personal with no recourse would be a gigantic pain in the ass. 

What do you do with a personal email that you would lock yourself out. Most people are going to be locked out because they forgot their password and are trying to activate 2FA. So your still in the same position. Most large name email providers have options for setting backup emails so you can recover locked emails. If you own your own host for email than fix it yourself. 

The only thing I don't like is that it is email and not also on their app. I rather use apps than email for codes.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Epicchilidog said:

How does that work for consoles? When I log into the warframe website I do so through my nintendo account. I don't see any settings to enable. Am I missing something somewhere or did I already do it?

It's PC only at the moment. 

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

I bet each day you live in fear of a meteor hitting you, because, you know, it MIGHT happen...

wasnt that one of the deaths in the show a thousand ways to die?

on topic they already have that email account they ask you to use the same account to log in and enable it then get a email to the same account then your done the only other time it bothers you is if you get a new computer or sign in else where i dont see the issue 

5 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

I don't mind 2FA, but DE definately should offer more choises for it. From my point of view the current one offers very little security to anyone who shares a computer or even lives with another person because the system only asks the code once per location.

Not so sure about that "once" per location. Its more once per installation method per machine, in my case i had to do it for both the steam installation and the standalone, on the same machine.

I dont know if they have changed from when i did it some months ago.

2 minutes ago, Nova-IX said:

Not so sure about that "once" per location. Its more once per installation method per machine, in my case i had to do it for both the steam installation and the standalone, on the same machine.

I dont know if they have changed from when i did it some months ago.

I run standalone, Steam and Discord.  Only had to do it once between those three.

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I run standalone, Steam and Discord.  Only had to do it once between those three.

Hmm odd, mine ask for all instants. I can try and do a reinstall (steam and standalone) and see if still ask.

Glorious thread merge!

Just now, Nova-IX said:

Hmm odd, mine ask for all instants. I can try and do a reinstall (steam and standalone) and see if still ask.

Lemme know.  Because if you do get it, I'm curious as to why I don't. 

So I went to trade a friend today and come to a dialogue box saying need to get 2 factor authentication no big deal. I went to account management sent me and email, I verified the email and nothing I can log in w/o using my 2 factor, and still can't trade. What else can I do to maybe get this fixed?

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Didn't happen for me.  Uninstalled Steam and standalone and no email when I logged in. 

I wonder why its different between us, and which of the two options the majority follows. Maybe some country/region thing but i dont have a clue.

Let me explain. My isp has changed 4 times in the last 7 or 8 years. It was sunflower, then knology, then wow, and now it is midco. When knology took over, they kept our sunflower.com email address which was nice. When wow took over, they kept our sunflower.com email address but every knology.com email address was deleted. So no one has access to that email any longer. It is gone forever. When midco took over, they also kept our sunflower.com email address but every wow.com email address was deleted. They are also gone forever. They can not be reactivated because they no longer exist. As you can see, losing access to your email is quite easily possible and due to no fault of our own. ISP's change all the time and usually do not keep your pre-existing email account. If I change ISP's because I move, my email account I have now is gone forever. Granted, I know there are other email clients like google or microsoft but not everyone uses those and should not be required to do so just to be able to trade in this game.

I don't make platinum in the game. I buy all my platinum and use it to trade for items I can not get on my own. I will not enable 2FA just to be able to trade in game. And until 2FA is removed from being able to trade, I will not buy anymore platinum. It is just that simple. I don't believe in the system and it should not be a requirement to log in, to play, or to trade in the game.

i get it's for safety so people don't lose their stuff... but honestly making it a requirement instead of a choice if i want to trade is really annoying. it makes logging on that little longer and i'd bet it's more tedious for users that don't have the luxury of two screens like i do.

Edited by I_AM_JUGS