Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... why exactly are we fighting the Sentients?

WindBlade

So, with the other races its pretty clear why we have to fight them. Grineer want to destroy/enslave everyone else, the Corpus's greed is reckless, dangerous and they're not shy of employing mind control, and the infested just want to eat everyone.

But the Sentients? we kind of have a lot in common. We were both created, used and abused by the Orokin, to the point we were only fighting in the first place because the Orokin turned us into weapons in desperation, and we'd still be disposed-of trash otherwise.

And the Orokin are gone now. The main reason I can see we would be fight is dead and long gone.. and I cant help maybe we could be chill with the Sentients, or at least agree to leave each other alone.

• Like 9

The Sentients hate us because we genocided them. Yeah the Orokin ordered us to, and they probably provoked the Sentient into leaving Tau and invading Origin, but on the other hand the Sentients 100% would have wiped out all life in the Origin system if we let them back then. It's a case where if the two groups met for the first time today they may not have any problems with each other, but our and their troubled histories have locked us into conflict. Pretty much every conflict in the game can be traced back to the Orokin being oppressive $&*^s.

• Like 23

19 minutes ago, WindBlade said:

And the Orokin are gone now. The main reason I can see we would be fight is dead and long gone.. and I cant help maybe we could be chill with the Sentients, or at least agree to leave each other alone.

The sentients view the tenno and the void as a threat, they would never make peace with them and I think they would also destroy other civilizations as well, namely the Ostron.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, WindBlade said:

But the Sentients? we kind of have a lot in common.

Yeah, it's so unfair.

You defeat and murder and genocide someone during a war, and then they DARE to resent you.

Those Sentient are really funny.

• Like 9

They want revenge. The Corpus are considered Orokin descendants, at least by Hunhow, and are thus acceptable targets. The Tenno, Infested, and the Grineer were used to combat the Sentients, and are thus acceptable targets.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

But I want to! Are Grineer soldiers complaining to each other about our drop rates? Can you make cool thins out of like warframe Eyes and Spleens?

1 I hope so, 2 we don't have eyes, 3 we don't have spleens either 4 if you want to test the drop rates then go play the endgame conclave

• Like 2

Putting it simple. We were lead by the orokin to slaughter the sentients. We aren't really enemies of the sentients, atleast not back then before we were forced to fight them. But now they see us as a threat, so they'll attack us and try to kill us. Meaning they're our enemies, which means we have to fight them.

• Like 2

But seriously other then pity crap nothing. the Tenno were loyal to the Lotus so barring reprogramming bit and with a bit of diplomacy and effort.They'll be next to no threat. the only thing I can think of that the Tenno would amalgam thing witch honestly as it seems not the worst deal for a non-Tenno person. Also Natah really likes the the green ending.

• Like 1

Honestly?

Not much reason.

It's why I have suspicions of the New War being a Sentient Civil War - with one side actually realising this, pointing this out, and allying with us against the other side.

• Like 1

Erm...cause DE decided it would be a cool extension to the game?

Because we're bored of fighting the Grineer, Corpus & Infested?

On a more serious note, its a logical result of the end of the Old War, isn't it? Hunhow is probably still hell-bent on turning the Origin system into some kind of machine paradise, free from the vermin that currently inhabit it. Does he actually need to? Of course not. But it seems these machines do feel emotions and vengeance seems to be a pretty strong one in Natah's father. He will likely see this as unfinished business. The Orokin may be long gone, but their descendants still live.

3 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

The Sentients hate us because we genocided them. Yeah the Orokin ordered us to, and they probably provoked the Sentient into leaving Tau and invading Origin, but on the other hand the Sentients 100% would have wiped out all life in the Origin system if we let them back then. It's a case where if the two groups met for the first time today they may not have any problems with each other, but our and their troubled histories have locked us into conflict. Pretty much every conflict in the game can be traced back to the Orokin being oppressive $&*^s.

No quite, The Tenno were created because the Orokin were losing the Old war, so whatever was done to the Sentients in Tau to cause them to invade that was done by the Orokin not "us" after that we just fought as any soldier does.

We currently fight the sentients because they are attempting to wipe out the people of the Origin system (Or maybe fuze with them involuntarily) If they stopped, maybe we there could be peace.

Hell, we could even get the Lotus/Natah back as an ally.

42 minutes ago, BelialEliatron said:

That's a Nope

Sentient come from another systems, they were in a war against the orokin.
You can check the wiki for more details :clem:

You really should re-read the wiki. The Orokin created the sentients to terraform the tau system for Orokin colonisation, and installed a pretty hefty 'design flaw' in them to try and prevent them 'rebelling' only that action, plus the sentient realising the Orokin were almost certainly going to wreck the tau system like they had the Origin system actually led to them rebelling. Or maybe they Didn't rebel, and just fought back when the orokin decided to get rid of them.

'We picked a fight with 7" vegetarian pacifists thinking it would be a walkover, but they turned out to be fast learners.'

Edited by WindBlade
  • Like 5