Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... why exactly are we fighting the Sentients?

WindBlade

I wish you did actually join factions in this game, and then win prizes based on victories of the collective squadron. Each faction would have its version of the lotus, similar to how the little factions in game work already. Except it would encompass more of what you're playing. More involvement with that factions history, structure, and NPCs. I also want a femme Sentient shipmate, or Hunhow saying "with your blade, tear their heart beating from their chest" in exterminate missions. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999 said:

I wish you did actually join factions in this game, and then win prizes based on victories of the collective squadron. Each faction would have its version of the lotus, similar to how the little factions in game work already. Except it would encompass more of what you're playing. More involvement with that factions history, structure, and NPCs. I also want a femme Sentient shipmate, or Hunhow saying "with your blade, tear their heart beating from their chest" in exterminate missions. 

I would love to join Corpus, Grineer, or officially join one of the syndicates. I've never trusted Lotus since the beginning and my suspicions were well placed.

• Like 1

The Orokin designed Sentients to terraform planets upon their arrival,but since AI was outlawed by the Orokin their purpose was to return to Tau afterwards and be extinct. But since they evolved and gained intelligence about their purpose,they sought to return to Tau and seek vengeance. And so the Old War emerged, with Tenno aided by the Orokin to fight against them.

might go on a tangent , so hope this helps 

a recap

the sentient created a literal paradise and dont want us  or i should say "humanity" in any shape or form near it cause we will screw it up 

we the Tenno harness the only means that can literally hurt them , and can fire it from our finger tips at will and blast them to death in seconds

per ropoloyst natah states of the voice of our inner void demon "hey kiddo" twin and as helimth is even fearful of the freaky entity  that exists in parallel with us , cant blame the sentient for not being to keen on it....i like my operators twin *shrug*

on the topic:

the basics of it currently is we are the only thing that can stop them from purging humanity and or absorbing it , looking at amalgums aka human /sentient hybrids we can see ballas became something akin to this and those amalgums are under sentient control 

showing that sentient mean to enslave us to prevent us from "messing" things up or perhaps cannon fodder, or pets? 🤔

the main aspect is we the warframe/operator = tenno are the shields of the current humanity that exist within the origion system

Spoiler

colonists exist per the comics 

not all corpus are bad

not all grineer are bad

other misc factions

ect 

these are all still HUMANITY aka sentient foes

leaving tenno as their guardians  and peace keepers, and we have a 2 way grineer /corpus wressel for this system control and like idiots one of them sided with replicators (looking at you salad v) 

now we have a third faction, the sentient , hell bent on wiping us out , converting us, or ??? but the end result is by use of force on us

given sentient are not strangers to subterfuge (mimincs, natah ect) the orokin reprogrammed natah supposedly to be our control unit and turn her against her own kind pe ropolyst scene (is this some false downloaded memory? who can say?) given this is possible, the queens may have a way to do this being orokin survivors

this leaves us with a sneaky highly intelligent and adaptable mechanical race(replicator/terminators) 

decaying clones with access to orokin tech or use of grineer/orokin tech combo

and a money obsessed advanced civilization (now also working with said sentient robots) and given the orbs are derived from sentient also , makes me think the sentient per their lore can at any time take control of the corpus tech/proxy ect and use them against them , back door trojian as it were , if needed 

this leaves our combat realistically for the sentient as threats to humanity 

grineer queens have the ability to create advanced tech or reproduce/combine it into theirs we may need their help to stop sentient from betraying the corpus and killing us

Spoiler

Image result for grineer orokinRelated imageRelated imageImage result for grineer orokin

given this one can assume sentient take them as a big threat given they are old war survivors with technology and know how to apply it (the queens) and that they have a clone/mass produced army 

makes them a good target for corpus/sentient to take out 

but what stops this is the tenno themselves as we intervene and are more or less the big offensive threat [void power], now that tenno are free of lua , they are vulnerable as the queens showed , we can be harmed and even attacked through our frames. this is the opportune time to attack and destroy the tenno threat before our operators can grow stronger on their own. given we now have the sentient slayer strain (umbra) frames to combat with now (and more soon tm) 

the sentient strategically cant let us get any stronger as now we have a double threat that could escalate if the seed is allowed to flourish , aka make and arm more tenno with more umbra frames, umbra mods , develop our focus schools more, develop more operator based weapons/combat , ect 

this is the best time to strike before  the tenno gain any more power , the amalgums are just wave 1 

we know there is a vast amount of other sentient  types and such out there ..not to mention stalker and his ilk 

Spoiler

Image result for warframe sentient arm bladeImage result for warframe sentient arm bladeImage result for warframe sentient

Image result for warframe sentientImage result for warframe sentientRelated imageytFp5CD.jpg

overall once this fight starts , its going to be big and messy 

-gl tenno 

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed it's going to be big and messy... and gl indeed.

I keep thinking that the helmet floating in the Operator's quarters is more than just decoration or a piece of memorabilia.

It may be the key thing to bring back the Lotus. Natah, by removing the helmet, has been in short, "reset to factory defaults".. back to her original mission of destroying the Tenno.

The helmet contains the oro of Margulis. Combining both Natah and Margulis's oro makes the Lotus. 

Two personalities combined into one. Makes it a bit.. complex and messy in nature when you think about it

On 2019-05-28 at 4:46 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the sentient strategically cant let us get any stronger as now we have a double threat that could escalate if the seed is allowed to flourish , aka make and arm more tenno with more umbra frames, umbra mods , develop our focus schools more, develop more operator based weapons/combat , ect 

Wasn't really a smart move for them to hire Alad then. Guy might be brilliant at making hybrids, but said hybrids are also known for being Tenno-wieldable, even the infested ones. And indeed, you can pick up Amalgam technology in the form of their weapons.

I really want them to be a joinable faction, they are the coolest ones. Imagine it's max standing allowed you to get a revenant skin, and then hunt other players with sentient backup. Then it would be you, versus the stalker with acolytes, versus players. Oh the forums, discords and 4chan generals would be bursting with tears and cries that would rival the slaughtering of Orokin! 

Edited by (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999

6 minutes ago, Medowiemauler said:

They took space mum from me, thats reason enough.

I wish this meme would die. Lotus has never been a likeable character, she's been an overbearing mother from the start. Since the first mission I played, I wanted her to be silenced so I can kill in peace. Then I met ordis. I wanted it and lotus to be acquainted when I drove the lisset nose first into her Hive and blew them both up. One of the main reasons I like the sentients, you finally silence all of these noisy creatures. 

It's hard to say. The situation is kinda ambiguous.

For me, it's because, putting aside our personal rivalry, the Eidolon(s) and Ropalyst. I'm personally fighting them because they are a threat. And, as shown by the two bioweapons above, they have complete disregard for anyone's lives they endanger in their conquest to destroy us. How many Corpus lives could have been destroyed by the Ropalyst rampaging, anyway? The corpus basically have an unbreakable hold on the entire economy, so what happens when they aren't around to maintain it?

On 2019-05-23 at 3:50 PM, Loza03 said:

Honestly?

Not much reason.

It's why I have suspicions of the New War being a Sentient Civil War - with one side actually realising this, pointing this out, and allying with us against the other side.

thank you so much i have not considered that a possible aspect but i'd like that. maybe plains of duviri will have the smart sentients as the culture we get to meet and ally ourselfs with.

14 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Wasn't really a smart move for them to hire Alad then. Guy might be brilliant at making hybrids, but said hybrids are also known for being Tenno-wieldable, even the infested ones. And indeed, you can pick up Amalgam technology in the form of their weapons.

makes me wonder if amalgum warframe is capable or is wisp an amalgum frame given it shares powers with ropoloyst 

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

makes me wonder if amalgum warframe is capable or is wisp an amalgum frame given it shares powers with ropoloyst 

Does Wisp share any powers with Ropy? I mean... she's all about portals and stuff, whilst the Ropalolyst isn't. Even Wisps Lazar is a portal from the sun.

As for Amalgam frames - Revenant is basically one already.

49 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Does Wisp share any powers with Ropy? I mean... she's all about portals and stuff, whilst the Ropalolyst isn't. Even Wisps Lazar is a portal from the sun.

As for Amalgam frames - Revenant is basically one already.

wisp and the ropolyst both cloak in air, if you see it around the map and ropoloyst also fires a laser at uses, so some similarities

mYqfy6plMW9l4oYZ1ZiwMgoe8K3nEjqcLQXeknOkBmfRmOGgMWWM82OkIZbf-dK--BDlL2Ad8FLlXDgq3c45TQIgTczjlh6EkuNH0GxLs5qknpsTVQZjOhgJPWg1nSp2beMTIwwU

revenant is actually a frame that has eidilon energy , its a frame that was the jailer and later the eidilon "ghost' possed it 

so its really a wf  with the energy basically 

but then that means a amalgum frame isnt something thats impossible given that warframes are or were humans 

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

wisp and the ropolyst both cloak in air, if you see it around the map and ropoloyst also fires a laser at uses, so some similarities

We've established that Wisps laser uses a very different mechanism - Wisp opens a sun portal and lets in a solar flare, the Ropalolyst seems to fire it under its own power. That just leaves midair stealth, which as a single point of comparison isn't really a good way to equate two things. It's like Morphology based classification. A classic example of the problems with that is the old story of defining humans as 'Hairless Bipeds' and someone shaved a chicken and declared "BEHOLD A MAN!" In the same way equating two things that have similar-ish abilities but differences in details as the same isn't always accurate.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

revenant is actually a frame that has eidilon energy , its a frame that was the jailer and later the eidilon "ghost' possed it 

so its really a wf  with the energy basically 

but then that means a amalgum frame isnt something thats impossible given that warframes are or were humans 

We know that he's a Warframe with Sentient juice. We don't know if that's enough to qualify him for the rank. But the point of 'Sentient/Waframe hybrid' being possible and existing stands, even if he isn't an Amalgam specifically.