Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Navigator bug

AdionN

Hello,

I would like to report Ivara second ability Navigator bug. First of all, it is not a new bug, it is here for a while now, and I saw several post about problems similar to it, so decided to add some extra info.
The short version - glaives with Navigator skill is active only for around 8-9 seconds while you are not the host of the game. Now a bit more indept:
Step one:

How navigator skill works while you are playing solo or you are the host of the session. No suprises everything works just fine.

Step two:
This is what happens with the same build, but if you are in another person session. After about 8-9 seconds, navigator skill will be deactivated even if you have spare energy left.

Bonus clip:
We had several theories why that could be happening,one of them is that when other people are hosting, navigator skill uses only base ivara energy and drain values, but it seems it is not correct because difference is about 4-5 seconds. 

As bonus information, it happens in different maps, different computers and different accounts, with any other host. Bows eems to be not effected by this, kunnais either, only castanas have similar effect, but it might be just another mechanics. Tried this with Falcor and and Orvius, same bug. So I guess it is more glaves thing than something else. I really hope that will help to find a bug because I want to have fun glaives not only in singleplayer. 

P.s. Sorry for sound quality, used wrong mic.

On 2019-05-23 at 6:08 AM, AdionN said:

I would like to report Ivara second ability Navigator bug. First of all, it is not a new bug, it is here for a while now, and I saw several post about problems similar to it, so decided to add some extra info.
The short version - glaives with Navigator skill is active only for around 8-9 seconds while you are not the host of the game. Now a bit more indept:

I can definitely confirm I've experienced this bug, after testing around playing as client as Ivara with glaive. Also of other interest, I've tested out with the wolf sledge hammer too and it also experiences the bug as well, but is even more noticeable. Compared to glaive, a navigated wolf sledge hammer throw will be forced returned after like 4 seconds, when playing as client. Hopefully this gets fixed eventually.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed that too but while in the simulacrum i can navigate a glaive till i run out of energy(a very long time), on normal missions there is a time limit, i have still to confirm if this is caused if you are the host or you are not.

Edited by bibmobello

• 1 month later...

Bump, issue still persists as reported by OP. I am still kicked out of navigator while navigating a glaive (while I still have energy left), whenever I am not host. (tested again while playing on PC version 'The Old Blood: Prime Vault 26.0.8.1'). Again, it is really obvious it is a host/client bug and especially more noticeable if you navigator something like the 'Wolf Sledge' as a client.

Edited by BlindStalker

Bump 26.1.1 just found out there's already a thread for this, running ivara with falcor, i get kicked off routinely around ~10s into navigator, only if i am not host, and regardless of distance from my frame or energy remaining.

Expanding on the 'base energy' idea, you say a 4-5s difference, but what if that's because of the +50% energy max from levelling? using her actual unlevelled base energy could be around the same

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2019-05-23 at 6:08 AM, AdionN said:

Hello,

Step one:

How navigator skill works while you are playing solo or you are the host of the session. No suprises everything works just fine.

Step two:
This is what happens with the same build, but if you are in another person session. After about 8-9 seconds, navigator skill will be deactivated even if you have spare energy left.

Bonus clip:
We had several theories why that could be happening,one of them is that when other people are hosting, navigator skill uses only base ivara energy and drain values, but it seems it is not correct because difference is about 4-5 seconds. 

As bonus information, it happens in different maps, different computers and different accounts, with any other host. Bows eems to be not effected by this, kunnais either, only castanas have similar effect, but it might be just another mechanics. Tried this with Falcor and and Orvius, same bug. So I guess it is more glaves thing than something else. I really hope that will help to find a bug because I want to have fun glaives not only in singleplayer. 

P.s. Sorry for sound quality, used wrong mic.

@AdionN This finally got fixed recently! (Although I'll see if I can do some extra testing on other weapons, but every major projectile based weapon should be working now with Navigator finally re-pausing their life-span).

Update Empyrean: Kuva Lich Changes 27.1.0 27.1.0

On 2020-02-04 at 12:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes:

• Fixed Ivara Navigator not pausing some lifespan timers for projectiles, allowing the projectile to die of old age while you're still controlling it.

Although unfortunately, Zenistar's disc was not one of the projectiles affected by this fix (was really hoping it would, since that was one of the the projectiles that navigator could formerly pause as well).

Can confirm. Been fixed.

Now if we can just slow down the projectile too. Like it fires at default speed but you can speed it up with the left click as normal but make it slower than default with right click with out having to shoot through an object at point blank to make it go slower.