Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I move to PC?

(NSW)Maddsie

Question

So I got the game for switch and have at this point invested heavily in it with like 4k platinum bought. I'm pretty far into the main planets, being at Helene in Saturn. I have a lot of stuff I like, including 3 primes and warframes I bought for plat with a discount. I've spent a lot of platinum at this point, and I don't regret it because I love my switch and enjoy the handheld aspect. My thing is, I play in handheld mode a lot and that makes the fps very unstable a lot of the time. The game looks great but the choppy fps kind of ruins it for me some times and is something I don't wanna get used to. I have a very capable pc that will no doubt run this game very well, but I haven't started playing warframe on it. Apart from losing all the cosmetics and warframes and stuff I've bought, I also really don't wanna go through the beginning grind again. So I want to get some opinions from the lovely community on whether or not making the move, enduring the loss and starting over is worth it.

15 answers to this question

Well if someone would to ask me if I would ditch my account(im MR27) that I been playing on for almost 2 years on PC to transfer to some other platform and start anew I would say No.

It all depends on you its your own account not sure how many hours you have in the game but Id say its still effort you have put. And even if you play on pc you can still come back to your switch 

I honestly will never understand why anyone plays anything on a platform other than PC, especially when they have a choice.  I haven't touched a console or wanted to in about 10 years.  Even before I built my new gaming rig, my old potato still gave me more versatility and better performance than consoles, so I'd never even consider not using PC.

Not trying to sound like one of those PCMASTERRACE guys....but I guess I am, sorry, just being honest.

I am kicking myself in the a$$ everday I didnt make the switch about 3 or 4 (cant remember how long I have been playing) years ago playing warframe.  I was around 300 hours in and thought I didnt want to restart from scratch.

Now at close to 3,400 and absolutely can not stand the fact I did not switch to PC.  

It looks like you are still early on in the game and if you already got a good gaming PC or willing to buy a nice one then make the switch to PC. 

Best of luck to you Tenno and may the void bless you in prosperity!

PC IS LIFE!!!!! Would switch to pc.

Even with going through that grind again I would wholeheartedly suggest switching to pc. The warframe pc community is also very helpful and I'm sure would be willing to help u and make the grind that much easier. There are also streamers like Pokket Ninja where you can make a schedule with to personally help u for a day. If u enjoy playing on the switch u will not regret switching to pc. If u do prefer switch rather then pc (the real experience comes after the grind in my opinion) u could always go back to the switch?

Edited by JackYoujo

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm gonna go ahead and make the jump! Not looking forward to the awful grind ahead of me but I hope this move will pay off in the long run. Judging by popular sentiment it seems it surely will.

Good luck!

And to cheer you up, I expect the grind won't be as bad considering you're no longer a begginer and can figure out a faster path of progression than the usual endless confusion of the first playthrough.

Also, 75% discount coupons if you're lucky enough to get one, are quite helpful making up for the lack of Platinum.

You can start a PC account at any time. That will be a distinct individual account with no link to your NS account.

There is no account transfer to PC (that i am aware of), only in the other directions (from PC to console) sometimes.

Use whatever platform you are most happy with playing, The only real "advantage" that PC tenno have over their console brethren is that they participate in the Beta test of new feature and get to experience all the new exciting bugs before the stabilized and fixed builds hit Consoles. That and mouse of course. That's about it.

DE has gotten pretty quick with porting new things to consoles nowadays, so you no longer lag months behind feature-wise.

I had over 400 days on Xbox One when I started over on Switch (no console to console moving).

All the things you learned on one platform will accelerate your progress on the second platform.

I, too, was not so keen on the drop in FPS on Switch. I moved over to PC around three months ago. Same thing - everything I learned on Xbox One made progress on PC much faster.

The good thing about PC is you can still use a controller, so everything you learned how to do with the controller isn't thrown away.

Edited by IceStorm_III

I mean... if you have someone to help you with the grind then why not ? 

im currently at MR 3 right now working my Way up to Jupiter. Really once you get your mods upgraded then its Smoove Sailing.... up to a point of course.... anyway... I have nodes to complete and Standings to Cap....

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Josloud_24 said:

Not everyone can afford to get a good pc at the beginning also some want to play console exclusives so a console makes more sense

No I get it, some people just like console games, I'm just not one of them.  I should have worded it differently probably.  I need a PC for lots of things, so using a gaming PC and doing all my gaming on that rather than owning both a console I'd need to replace every few years as new ones come out is not as cost effective for me.  With a good gaming rig, I only have to swap out a part or two here and there and it can last much longer, without feeling the need to buy the newest shiniest thing, unlike consoles.  I wasn't trying to disparage console players, I'm just very, very happy sticking with PCs over the last 15 years or so.  The last console I had was the 360, and it was a hot mess, literally.  Never went back.

6 minutes ago, Sardekar said:

No I get it, some people just like console games, I'm just not one of them.  I should have worded it differently probably.  I need a PC for lots of things, so using a gaming PC and doing all my gaming on that rather than owning both a console I'd need to replace every few years as new ones come out is not as cost effective for me.  With a good gaming rig, I only have to swap out a part or two here and there and it can last much longer, without feeling the need to buy the newest shiniest thing, unlike consoles.  I wasn't trying to disparage console players, I'm just very, very happy sticking with PCs over the last 15 years or so.  The last console I had was the 360, and it was a hot mess, literally.  Never went back.

Then why comment if your original comment was putting down Console players? I play on Console since my friends are on it and I grew up with Handheld systems and PS1 and PS2