Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Athena - The Fencer (Idea)

RabidSmurfsown

So to start off this is obviously a melee based frame. I believe the name Athena is appropriate because she is the Greek goddess of strategy. Now to get started with the skills... (Names subject to change)

1. Lunge: Athena lunges for an enemy dealing +x%/level of her total melee damage (includes elemental damage) and staggers any other enemy she passes through.

Notes: I think 25-50% a level would be reasonable. Other wise it would be like a home slash dash that hits one person                  or could do reduced damage to anybody along the way

2. Blood Lust: Every swing Athena lands she gain x amount of life back for the duration

Notes: Melee hits should give more than gun shots if gun shots give any at all.

3. Auto Block: Auto Block incoming attacks.

Notes: This will be a points based skill. So lets say the mod at lvl 0 gives you 200 block points. This is high                               because melee attacks will take more than gunshots. Also any of the blocking mods added in U10 will apply                   to this i.e. Parry and Reflect. Or it could be time based and block every melee attack and only a % of                             gunshots

4. Demigod: give a % melee damage buff and and attack speed buff that is NOT increased by focus this lasts a duration x lets say 10 sec but every time you get a melee kill the duration is increased by y, but has a max duration z

Well any feed back would be greatly appreciated any any numbers for balancing would be great also. The just so support the second skill being swing based real quick is so people don't just use the highest damage melee weapon with the largest AoE. Since its per swing if people want hp gain they need to take a faster AS weapon. therefore people will need to find a balance of both or just what fits there style.

Sounds nice!
For Lunge I was thinking of a thrust attack with homing, so she could target an enemy 1 floor above and use this skill to auto-jump+attack upwards to the 2nd level

A straight line thrust that damages anything in the line of fire is good too!

Edited by SkyLagoon

So to start off this is obviously a melee based frame. I believe the name Athena is appropriate because she is the Greek goddess of strategy. Now to get started with the skills... (Names subject to change)

1. Lunge: Athena lunges for an enemy dealing +x%/level of her total melee damage (includes elemental damage) and staggers any other enemy she passes through.

Notes: I think 25-50% a level would be reasonable. Other wise it would be like a home slash dash that hits one person                  or could do reduced damage to anybody along the way

2. Blood Lust: Every swing Athena lands she gain x amount of life back for the duration

Notes: Melee hits should give more than gun shots if gun shots give any at all.

3. Auto Block: Auto Block incoming attacks.

Notes: This will be a points based skill. So lets say the mod at lvl 0 gives you 200 block points. This is high                               because melee attacks will take more than gunshots. Also any of the blocking mods added in U10 will apply                   to this i.e. Parry and Reflect. Or it could be time based and block every melee attack and only a % of                             gunshots

4. Demigod: give a % melee damage buff and and attack speed buff that is NOT increased by focus this lasts a duration x lets say 10 sec but every time you get a melee kill the duration is increased by y, but has a max duration z

Well any feed back would be greatly appreciated any any numbers for balancing would be great also. The just so support the second skill being swing based real quick is so people don't just use the highest damage melee weapon with the largest AoE. Since its per swing if people want hp gain they need to take a faster AS weapon. therefore people will need to find a balance of both or just what fits there style.

Lunge: too much like slash dash, how about a sort of "super charge" attack? Could keep the effects, and have different animations for different types of weapons (Swords/Greatswords/Spears/Dual power stab for Damage, Axes/Hammers/Staves Power home run swing for less damage but knockdown CC)

Bloodlust: If she's low on health I don't think she'll want be be meleeing? Maybe instead do a crit rate/damage boost at the cost of draining health?

Auto Block: This is making a mechanic from the game a skill, and I dunno how I feel about it. Here's a replacer: Stone Temple (75 energy): Athena employs a short dash followed with a heavy shoulder check that damages and knocks down enemies for X/X/X/X dmg within X/X/X/Xm radius. Meant to close a gap between Athena and enemies, do some quick damage, and knockdown whatever is in the way to allow for melee mayhem.

Demigod: Very much like Volt's Speed. I think an addition could be a reduction in shields, a boost to armor, and whatever weapon she's holding turns into a dual version. If Athena is all about melee, she can handle some dual Fragor action. Or even Dual Dakras. In the case that the weapon is already a dual, it's attack speed is greater. if not, dmg boost is greater.

Just ideas to get your thoughts rolling

Edited by WondahBoah

Lunge: too much like slash dash, how about a sort of "super charge" attack? Could keep the effects, and have different animations for different types of weapons (Swords/Greatswords/Spears/Dual power stab for Damage, Axes/Hammers/Staves Power home run swing for less damage but knockdown CC)

Bloodlust: If she's low on health I don't think she'll want be be meleeing? Maybe instead do a crit rate/damage boost at the cost of draining health?

Auto Block: This is making a mechanic from the game a skill, and I dunno how I feel about it. Here's a replacer: Stone Temple (75 energy): Athena employs a short dash followed with a heavy shoulder check that damages and knocks down enemies for X/X/X/X dmg within X/X/X/Xm radius. Meant to close a gap between Athena and enemies, do some quick damage, and knockdown whatever is in the way to allow for melee mayhem.

Demigod: Very much like Volt's Speed. I think an addition could be a reduction in shields, a boost to armor, and whatever weapon she's holding turns into a dual version. If Athena is all about melee, she can handle some dual Fragor action. Or even Dual Dakras. In the case that the weapon is already a dual, it's attack speed is greater. if not, dmg boost is greater.

Just ideas to get your thoughts rolling

Thanks for the feed back WondahBoah

just for some rebudle though 

bloodlust is more for sustainment purposes rather than going and meleeing w/ low hp, that's why i made it skill 2 so cost would be lower.

Also i was not aware that volt speed gave a damage buff (if it even has one) but i was aware of attack speed. So maybe we could damage and crit rate or damage also. You could just do crit buffs but then i believe it wold favor attack speed more because of dual zoren then no one would die and still do tones of damage. Simply put i think one base damage increase and one crit would be good.

I undestand your concern for auto block but at the same time it would cost 75 so spamming would be difficult. Personally i thought it was more like iron skin in some ways.

Here is another idea though x% chance to dodge bullets and x% poison resist to make Athena viable against infested