Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the new Relic screen UI

-vnn

When the name of a frame or weapon is typed in, it shows all of the relics for the said item, even when I specifically selected "owned" only. The little eye which indicates preview helps but I don't think we need all relics to be shown in the "owned" category.

• Like 1

I think the biggest complaint I have seen so far in game with the new relic screen is how small the rarity indicators are, and how all the names of items are now gold (vitruvian theme) instead of their respective rarity.

I would strongly suggest reverting it so that the colors of the names also reflect the rarity of the item as it was before update 25 to make it less confusing.

This is a tense moment where important decisions have to be made in a short period, we don't have time to squint at the UI and figure out what is worth selecting.

In addition, after opening a relic, at the selection screen, the player's own name is now hidden, only the other players' names are displayed, leading to the impression that not enough reactant was picked up to unlock your relic since you don't see your name among the others anymore.

I feel this was a feature that greatly improved the clarity of the selection and should not have been removed.

• Like 5

100% agree.

I'd like to make another suggestion.  Ditch the fancy animation and sound effect for refining relics.  Y'know--the way it now works like upgrading arcanes?  You're trying to be too fancy, guys, and it's annoying.  Refining relics now takes much longer, and feels clumsy.  Looking prettier has come at the price of convenient, streamlined functionality.  That's the wrong way to go.  Also, each time you refine a relic, it kicks you back to the "all" tab for some reason, so if you were previously looking at a specific relic era, you have click back to that.  Why?  I request rolling back the refinement functionality to the way it was previously.

• Like 4

I concur. To me the new selection screens for the opened relic as well as the new for the next round are designed to look pretty but are not functional.

• The color indicator for rarity is too small with a simple slim line, the information was much more transparent in the coloring of the item name.
  • To see the amount of items already in my possession I need to mouse over every item, why not just include the 2x or 4x in the item picture (like the relic collection). Now I need to check: Item Name, Coloring, Amount in possession. 3 different UI locations to collect this information from 4 different relics in sequence! That is very bad design.
  • Why not include the ducat value of the opened items? That is one very valuable information, yet it is still nowhere to be found.
  • Why not highlight relics with items I don't have in possession to suggest them to me? An ever growing amount of frames & weapons and to keep track of what to pick becomes more and more a matter of tracking my progress in a separate text file or such.

Right now the new screens are a step back and are only eye-candy when presented in a discussion on design changes, form does not follow function.

Edited by BratwurstBob
  • Like 1

Just had a look at the new item selection at end of mission and agree that its not very clear.

1. The rarity of the item is now displayed above the item, bronze, silver or gold line.

2. A gold Triangle in top right hand corner of item (as shown within red box of screenshot) is what you are selecting.

Spoiler

o4R49Vu.jpg

Would agree with removing the "triangle" that represents your selection and just putting your name back in the list.

As I recently sold a load of stuff for ducats, not sure if the marker for "how many do I have of this" is still there but if it isn't, please add that back.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Amerikanovich said:

I agree, a few changes are needed to make it more obvious and user friendly.

A checkbox to hide all not-owned relics would also be nice.

Dont need to make it back as it was, just make it bigger and do a little change on how the common/rare/uncommon is. 

Yeah, it's pretty bad (plus there was a nice little "Name 1" "Name 2" "Name 3" bug the first time I ran it). Their UI team just seems to love removing information from the interface. 

Edit: I don't mind the style. It's the minimizing of information in the attempt to be sleek and or subtle that irks me. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Also: Why remove the collective possible drops from everyone's relics after they selected and the mission continues? A useful overview and you take it away. Why?

Every information in regards to relics has become complicated, bloated and gained nothing.

And while I'm at it: the addition to show me every possible relic (in the selection screen) should be clearer in which I own. The unowned are not faded enough to tell they are not available.

Edited by BratwurstBob
  • Like 1

New relic UI doen't show the V letter on the vaulted relics like it was showcased in a devstream, you have to press Tab to check if it's a vaulted relic or not.
WHATS WORSE in this relic UI rework is that upon completing fissure missions, when it shows the items revealed from the relics they all have THE SAME FONT COLOR, you can't tell right away if its a common, uncommon or rare.

• Like 1

It also doesn't show how many of that item you currently own or who rolled each item.

The rarity should be reflected in the colored text of the item and MAYBE a full rarity border around the item

The new UI lacks the information that it had before, and it's pretty annoying

• Like 1

• Allow us to easily see how many of an item we have again, I don't want to mouseover everything when I can just make the split-second decision easily like before. this is a clear downgrade, less information does not make it more streamlined.
  • Show us who gave what relic 
    • I want to see if someone is sitting on their own forma instead of someone else's forma and 5 void dust. It allows for that sort of behaviour to not be seen and by not being seen it almost encourages people to do it. It shouldn't be that way.
    • when all the rewards suck I'd rather pick the one my friend is using than someone else's.
  • Overall allow it to scale with the ui/make it bigger
  • I don't have a huge issue with the rarity bar, but it would be nicer if it was bigger or like a box around it
  • relic refinement shouldn't be hidden behind the refine button, this is just making life harder with no reason.
  • Small nitpick but the gold triangle is dumb why not just have our name along with everyone else's

Additions a lot of people have wanted that I'm just going to say again

• Mastered/Crafted icon
  • Vaulted Relic icon
Edited by Zyga21
last part
  • Like 1

hace 2 horas, MorradiX dijo:

My biggest wish...let me hide the ones I do not have....please!!  😄

Please let us hide the ones we don't own. I usually open my Axi relics as soon as I get them, so if I open the Axi tab, all I get is a full list of everything I DON'T have. At least I don't need that.