Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the new Relic screen UI

-vnn

9 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

The highlighted relic's information covering the other rewards is also annoying.

This has been changed on PC. DE must have forgot to do it for consoles. The relic rewards display under the items, covering the names of ‘pickers’.

I don’t remember if they show the number now or not.

The new UI is terrible.  This is on XBox so not sure if all this applies to other platforms.

Relic Refinement:

• You still have to tediously refine one relic at a time.  Huge missed opportunity to streamline.  If I select a relic and have 1400 traces, I should be able to select up to 14 of the same relic to refine in one go like purchasing 14 items at a time
  • Lets say I RB to Meso relics.  I then scroll around to find the relic I want to refine, I refine it.  Then there is a slow-assed animation and worse yet, it reverts back to the <ALL> category rather than staying on Meso Relics.  So then I RB to Meso again, slowly scroll around to find the next relic I might want and repeat.  Horrible.

Relic Selection - 

• If you are in a squad, and not host, it is WAY to easy to enter a mission without selecting a relic because accepting the mission defaults you to the stupid "are you sure you don't want to select a relic" instead of immediately presenting you with the list of relics to choose from.
  •  

Reward Selection.

• Why do we have to hover over each reward to see how many we own or what the ducat value is? There is plenty of room to add those two critical pieces of info directly overlaying each reward. upper right corner: 15 owned, lower 45 Ducats. Done. one number and one word is all thats need for each.
Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

If you are in a squad, and not host, it is WAY to easy to enter a mission without selecting a relic because accepting the mission defaults you to the stupid "are you sure you don't want to select a relic" instead of immediately presenting you with the list of relics to choose from.

This screwed me over a couple of times before I realized what's going on. It can be the reason why I recently met so many players in fissures without relics equipped.

Edited by (PS4)H-Refr
  • Like 1

I don't like this new relic UI screen, have hover over a part to find out how many you own. Hovering over said part ends up blocking how rare that part is. Unclear compared to the past system how rare certain items can be. Don't forget need to refine relics one by one. Don't understand why we can't multi select relics here. Just feels bad using a controller to make any of this work. 

Well, after finally being able to play the game again without constantly hardcrashing my Xbox, I started doing my Nighwave tasks and decided to do the relics from last week... What shall I say? After the first fissure mission, I had absolutely no clue, what I was looking at, when the reward screen popped up. Where's all the essential info (there's a timer running, in case you forgot, DE)? Had to look here to realize, that there are rarity bars above each item now. That I have to hover over everything now, in order to know, whether I already own the item or not. That I can't see, which player chose which item, etc.... What a freaking mess.... I play videogames since 1982, but while any other developer of any other game, that I played so far, constantly tries to improve their user experience, Warframe is the only game, where the menu functionality and the interface interaction constantly gets worse. It all started with the UI overhaul after the Sacrifice update, when all of a sudden every function in the orbiter (arsenal, mod station, relic station) had horrible loading times after accessing them. Then they started to hide essential information behind a button press, while you could simply hover over the item before to get everthing displayed (freaks me out, every time I access my relic station). These two things combined made it impossible to quickly run to your relic station after a fissure mission to upgrade another relic. In order to counter this, they implemented refining while choosing a relic, but guess what? Now, everthing is displayed as text only and I have to click on every relic, too, to get the icons properly displayed... I own over 130 different relics, can you imagine the load of text on my screen, while I'm trying to figure out, which one to use next? The old system was intuitive and accessable, the new one is just a clusterf..k, full of hidden info, cramped into a screen, that offers only one intended purpose: To look pretty... I prefer functionality over looks a thousand times, to be honest, now being forced to get used to another downgrade.

• 4 weeks later...

At the end of the mission, when selecting rewards, I want to see which relic belongs to which player. I have pretty much everything in the game so what I pick often depends on who the other players are and I prefer to select the relic of the lowest MR player to give them the void traces. Now I can’t do that anymore 😞