The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the new Relic screen UI

-vnn

YUP.

The new rewards screen is very bad for seeing rarity and how many you own. I don't know why they decided to hide information away.

The rarity is shown by the little strip above the item and you have to hover over each item to see how many you own. They should just have a tick with a number next to it in the top left to show how many you own and then either a V or a vault symbol below it. Also i found the currently selected item too subtle.

Example of potential fixes:

eUrcg0E.jpg

• Like 8

Usually I’m all for new, sleek and modern changes. However the old screens were simple and effective. Whilst I don’t want to go back to the old UI, it does feel like we have lurched too far the other direction. 

There are changes required and it shouldn’t be showing us relics we don’t have, especially relics that are vaulted. The Codex is for that. This UI screen is about relic management. 

I also wholeheartedly agree that the font needs to be the same as the rarity and we need to be able to see, at a glance, how many we own of each item. 

Have to agree on many posters in this thread. The reward screen at the end of the relic mission is very hard to get a quick grip on. Not having your name appear (but other players) when selecting what reward to choose makes it a lot harder to confirm (it's quite scary) that you choose that sweet rare gold drop. It is also hard to see the rarity and the icons feels a bit to cramped close to each other. Maybe also make it so your name gets destinguished from the other players like with different colour and changed font for that quick and reasuring feeling that you really have choosen that vaulted Saryn part and not the bronze Burston receiver you have 14 examples of.

• Like 2

I don't understand... how a UI that is so terrible gets released?

Suggestion: Let's remove the player's ability to see how much of each reward they own without having hover over every single one. They are making choices way too fast.

Reaction: Holy #$@!, why didn't I think of that!

Then we have...

Suggestion: Color-coding names allows players to read what an item is and see its rarity all at once. That's far too clever! Why not separate the two pieces of information by putting one on top (icon) and the other on the bottom (text), and then make everything smaller so it's harder to see.

Reaction: Wow, you are a true artist. I am so glad we're paying you MONEY to come up with these brilliant ideas.

As I play this game, I see so many opportunities to make the UI smarter. If DE wants to drag their feet when it comes to a smarter UI, fine. But let's not throw away money to make it dumber at least? That would be great 🙂

Edited by Malicexi
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Iludra said:

Why don't you post it in feedback? You bring up valid points, but they won't be heard here.

This is feedback is it not? Not sarcasm don't use forums much, but directory at top says  Home > Feedback > Art, Animation and UI

But yes agree with nearly everything in this post, reward selection screen has too much hidden info that requires mousing over and its difficult to make an informed choice quickly enough when having to look at multiple different, small or hidden things. 

37 minutes ago, PartingOfWays said:

This is feedback is it not? Not sarcasm don't use forums much, but directory at top says  Home > Feedback > Art, Animation and UI

It is now, looks like the threads got merged :)

I've used it a couple times and I listed all the problems I had while using it :

- It's overwhelming : too many pictures/items and not enough text, please, at least give us the choice to adjust/resize the grid to less items within a row.

- Proportion and the drop chances doesn't mean anything anymore sinces the lines aren't the same size, you cannot tell approximately what chance is for you get the rare drop.
- It makes rarity of the loots a lot less visible (a simple line on the top of the item is just invisible when trying to reed rapidly comparded to an outline on the text)
- Adding the relics you don't own just contribute to the overflow of content, and it is ultimately useless since you don't own them.
- When choosing your reward at the end of the mission, the ui scales badly and everyhting is in a tiny space within the screen (although this one may come from my own version).

Overall the UI is fine, it's a good looking interface, refining your relics looks good and all, but the UX that was present within the old interface has been screwed up and replaced with something clunky and confusing to use.
In conclusion, whoever designed this interface didn't take in account the basic needs that were present within the old interface and replace them with non-existing needs and messy arrangement.

Edited by Finara
  • Like 2

When I click on a relic I want to know what it contains first, not where the relic drops. The drop places have no meaning to me if the relic does not have the thing I want.

Now I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on that info tag to know what a relic contains, this is just annoying.

Edited by DevonRayMun

General advice: Stop going for the "i love to waste screen estate with blank space" windows 10 design. The blank space between these tiles of relics makes it harder to read and grasp. It's bad design. Lines and boxes are guiding your eyes. That's what they are used for. Blank space does the exact opposite.

weW6tRd.jpgPROBLEM: 40% padding between items vertically, 20% padding horizontally. At least make it symmetrical if you have to do it, but really, DONT DO IT! It's a waste of space.
SOLUTION: Make the tiles bigger to guide the eyes or make the padding smaller.

82rEcIS.jpgPROBLEM: 80% of the screen is unused but you want users to move their mouse on an about box to see the item details. Don't make users click or move the mouse for no reason.
SOLUTION: Put the info right there. There is more than enough room.

EiUn8I9.jpg

PROBLEM The rarity needs to be below the item. Descriptions or additional info is ALWAYS below images or items. That is standard GUI design rule.The padding between the top of the item and the rarity is completely useless and it looks like the bottom item rarity is actually attached to the top items. It's a mess if i ever seen one.

SOLUTION: Put rarity below the item.

• Like 2

When I am selecting the relic to take on a mission, why do I need to see all of the relics that I do not own? What use case is that? What is the scenario that is addressed by showing me everything that I cannot select? I am baffled.

Suggestion: Show only owned relics when selecting which to take on a mission. Add a check box with persistent value for 'Show All'

Everything that can come out of a relic is used to build something else. If you just overhauled the relic UI, why did you not show whether or not I own the thing that the relic reward is used to build? Do I care that I have zero Braton Prime stocks?

Suggestion: Right now if a blueprint is tool-tipped it shows the mastery rank required for the item that the blueprint builds. Add that to the components of the item the same way it appears for the blueprint of the item. In addition to the mastery rank of the item that the blueprint/component builds, show how many of the built item are owned and whether or not the built item has been mastered.

Edited by MallocErr
better idea
  • Like 1

Hello everyone

First of all thank you for this wonderful game.

I am a person with albinism that has something less than 10% that a person without problems in the vision and the truth that your game is one of the most comfortable I am playing, for the possibility of expanding the hud in the missions.

In the last update with the relics it has happened to me that I have many difficulties to see the content of the relics as the name of the same. I have tried to change the themes and I found one that more or less I can manage.

What happens is that when it comes to taking the reward after finishing the mission is not distinguished if it is common, rare or rare loot that comes out. And on the other hand you do not see how many you have in the inventory as before, or what person is each reward.

I would suggest the following options as a solution:

- the line was a little thicker and ran through the entire square

- in the upper part as it was before those in the inventory

- And regarding the relics menu, the letters are now smaller, I do not know if you could put fewer relics per row or put the option that users could expand the menus, apart from the hud.

A thousand thanks for all your work and time invested in this wonderful game that gives us many joys and fun

PS: If you have questions about possible adaptations you can write me privately and ask if they wish.

I left the same post in Spanish:https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1094954-el-acuerdo-joviano-actualización-25/

Edited by JessiThrower
Forgot add something

hace 35 minutos, JessiThrower dijo:

Hello everyone

I am a person with albinism that has something less than 10% that a person without problems in the vision and the truth that your game is one of the most comfortable I am playing, for the possibility of expanding the hud in the missions.

In the last update with the relics it has happened to me that I have many difficulties to see the content of the relics as the name of the same. I have tried to change the themes and I found one that more or less I can manage.

What happens is that when it comes to taking the reward after finishing the mission is not distinguished if it is common, rare or rare loot that comes out. And on the other hand you do not see how many you have in the inventory as before, or what person is each reward.

- And regarding the relics menu, the letters are now smaller, I do not know if you could put fewer relics per row or put the option that users could expand the menus, apart from the hud.

A thousand thanks for all your work and time invested in this wonderful game that gives us many joys and fun

PS: If you have questions about possible adaptations you can write me privately and ask if they wish. 

I left the same post in Spanish:https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1094954-el-acuerdo-joviano-actualización-25/

It is a great idea because it can be very useful for all those who play with vision problems.

It can even help a better reward selection by being able to see the rarity and quantity.

On 2019-05-23 at 5:01 PM, NovusNova said:

Just had a look at the new item selection at end of mission and agree that its not very clear.

1. The rarity of the item is now displayed above the item, bronze, silver or gold line.

2. A gold Triangle in top right hand corner of item (as shown within red box of screenshot) is what you are selecting.

Hide contents

o4R49Vu.jpg

Would agree with removing the "triangle" that represents your selection and just putting your name back in the list.

As I recently sold a load of stuff for ducats, not sure if the marker for "how many do I have of this" is still there but if it isn't, please add that back.

Nothing in selection screen should require hovering over or clicking to check values/extra info.

Make icons three times bigger, always colored (no highlight required for full visibility) and add all extra parameters below, including Ducat price.

2 hours ago, JessiThrower said:

Hello everyone

+1

I have some frinds having trouble seeing and now is more hard to play.

Does the new system show you which parts you already have after the mission during selection? I don't know if I just don't see it, or I didn't have  any of the pieces that have come up so far?

59 minutes ago, Ormanik said:

Does the new system show you which parts you already have after the mission during selection? I don't know if I just don't see it, or I didn't have  any of the pieces that have come up so far?

You have to hover your mouse over it to get the item description