The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the new Relic screen UI

-vnn

9 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Thank-you DE for slowly rolling out the slick new Vitruvian-themed UI, and for listening to our feedback (and wading through the swampy rage of gamers) as you continue to develop and polish your game.

ayyy thas me #remembertherantapalozza

I appreciate you bringing light to what I missed about ducat values, and for showing me some of the more positive sides of the update. Is there an option (might be missing that too) to hide relics that you do not own? 

Please consider adding a toggle to hide relics that tenno do not possess - the relic selection screen is overwhelming!

Additional, if possible, could you add a tiny icon on relics if at least one of the items are not in the tenno's inventory? It would really help for fast relic selection.

Thanks for your consideration!

This new relic UI feels like it was designed by someone with a degree in Graphics Design with no prior experience in UI or Gaming. It has almost none of the features we need, and what few it does have are so small and/or nested that it's all but impossible to use, especially when you are on a time crunch.

Please add basic functionality, DE.

I want to add that it is more difficult to see what parts you have. The mouse over function was a really bad choice (again, DE did this for the arsenal too).

You only have a few seconds to decide what part to get and now it is _both_ harder to see what parts you have and what parts are common/uncommon/Rare.

I see no improvement with this UI over the old UI. Maybe the new UI is better for colourblind people?

Edited by Frendh

When the screen shows the reward on the right, the common (red) bar is on top while the common rewards are places below the uncommon and rare rewards. Ain't either the red bar be moved down to match the uncommon rewards or move the uncommon rewards up to match the red bar???

I bet the mouse over info function was meant to be for CONSOLE, come on DE, there's so many important suggestion listed, some of them was even previously in the old Ui, I'm so confused when I 1st played the fissure missions with the new Ui, I can see which one I picked but, I cannot see how many of them I owned, its not like we have 5 min to see all the info when we mouse over ... put back those numbers on it, thank you DE.

Edited by ExreaLz

Found another annoyance with the new UI. If you are refining relics, and you have the filter set to one type (let's say meso),after you refine a relic it will reset the filter into "All" . There is zero reason for this as it makes basic refining of relics a slog.

Could we also have the gold from previous UI please. It just looks so much better than the yellow of the new UI. And I feel better/rewarded when I see it as a drop - might be important in a looter game. The current yellow/set of colours is so meh.

On 2019-05-24 at 5:56 AM, AfroSpartan said:

YUP.

The new rewards screen is very bad for seeing rarity and how many you own. I don't know why they decided to hide information away.

The rarity is shown by the little strip above the item and you have to hover over each item to see how many you own. They should just have a tick with a number next to it in the top left to show how many you own and then either a V or a vault symbol below it. Also i found the currently selected item too subtle.

Example of potential fixes:

eUrcg0E.jpg

THIS. PLEASE the new UI is horrendous, it's not clear immediately which drop is rad or uncommon nor does it show you straight away how many of the drop you own

• Like 4

I thought it was confusing at first. Once you learn it, it's not confusing anymore. You don't look at colors anymore, you look at the little leaf thingies above the item!

I will say that the number of actions needed to refine a relic in-game during those 15 seconds is a bit much though!

Hello,
I am also having trouble adaptating to the new relic score screen and I thought I might drop some ideas here.

Large light :

Révélation

3j6O9aUmZiuD.png

Rotating square :

Révélation

qErjmw1UZfOg.png

Smokey :

Révélation

PGEOC6UPdKRO.png

Thank's for the update though !

• Like 1

add back in the rarity colour to the name, i'm already looking at the name. the bar is not bad, though i'd prefer to have a full square outline with rarity colour on top of the name to make it more in your face obvious. I like the concept of the bar, since my first few relic runs ever, i had a hard time telling what indicated rarity though a full outline so i don't have to look around to see rarity is the standard for this kind of thing, dont' be different just for the sake of being different. its just easier to see while looking at the reward icon, without having to look somewhere else, which the rarity bar on top forces us to do.

having to mouse over to get information that was already there before is definitely backwards to me. not sure why they went that way. i would much prefer the owned number be back on the icon, even if its just a number then leave additional info for mouse over tooltip, which would help newer players figure out what the number means.

I wouldn't mind this as much if there wasn't a timer counting down the entire time i'm having to do additional things to get the information that was plain and easy to see before.

they also need to change 'equip this relic' to 'play without relic' when you have no relic selected to make it a tad more obvious. and the prompt likely shouldn't be a paragraph when its asking confirmation of your selection so you can quickly see you haven't selected a relic and/or name of the relic. or just 'strongly' bold and caps out no relic or relic name.

they should also mention void traces somewhere in the relic menu, so new players can figure out what they're called O.o /baffled

the rest of the ui changes i'm fine with. it will take a bit of time to adjust but other than properly displaying information the look seems fine to me.

Edited by dagre2

Excellent suggestions in this thread!

The new relic screens exacerbate the most common frustration of the game's UI overall: too much moving the mouse around. Click one thing in the center, the next thing is in the bottom right corner; click that, get taken back to the center; click that, and back to the bottom right again. Now it got worse because of all the hover-overs you need to gain more info.

My wishes: the relevant info at a quick glance, all the buttons you need to click either immediately visible and/or the required buttons should be placed so that your progression through them goes in one direction only (I guess it's from left to right and from up to down? Not a UI/UX designer).

First of all. Congrats on the last update DE. Jupiter is beyond amazing, and those puzzles are a pure joy. Can't remember the last time I had so much fun in the game. With that said, there are some issues that could be polished for the benefit of us all. One of them is Relic Reward screen. As much as I love how minimalist it is, there are some glaring issues. for some reason I can't post any media content, so click on the link below.... (TLDR : proposal is on the bottom video link)

problematic areas:
https://imgur.com/a/aiqfIhm <image

This is just my personal opinion, and here it goes....

Problem no.1 : The rarity should be more visible and significant. Especially with those small symbols that are like lotus petals or whatever they represent. There is no feeling of getting a reward at all. This problem is even more enhanced by the fact that items ( rewards ) displayed are reduced in size ( which I actually love ), but there should be some other way to emphasize the rarity and importance of getting those. Those colors are very dim and it's hard to distinguish them at the first glance. This must be a living hell for people that are colorblind. I've missed couple of silvers because of how hard it is to notice it.

Problem no.2 : I've been asked 20+ times already by new players what does the +5 orb next to the name mean. Not only that, I think that it's kinda weird that it is glued to the name.

Problem no.3 : I really don't like the fact that we have to hover over items to check if we have any duplicates of the certain item. Especially in the moment that I want to quick select based on how many  duplicates I have.

So here it is, instead of sounding like I'm just ranting, I thought I might actually make an example and I believe that something along these lines would work like a charm
https://streamable.com/5zno7 <video

1st solution: Rarity is now much more visible and gold items should feel like a proper reward. Backed up by some epic sound effect or music ( I've improvised in the vid). I've swapped the petals with the stars, because they seem more consistent and it's a visual language that everyone recognizes already.

2nd solution: Putting the traces in the separate section which says "bonus traces" so you'll have an idea what it is or might be. Names are now "clear". Also I think it would "feel better" seeing that bottom bar filling up with traces instead of them being stuck to the name. It should have some kind of pleasant sound effect as well.

3rd solution: plain and simple, just show how much stuff you already have beneath the item. "OWNED" could be removed as well. but yeah... that's it... new item might have a "NEW"
tag..

well, that's it... So, what do you guys think... yay or nay ? : ) previous UI screen wasn't as sexy as the current one but it was more functional, and that's what the point of UI design should be, functionality + sexiness ; ).

cheers !

• Like 2

I knew I wasn't the only one who has problem with the new UI for relics, just came back from the update...  selecting a relic seems cluttery, for some reason we have too many info in the screen, I just selected a relic and it has a picture on the side and it has a tooltip. I'm not so sure what totally changed but I feel like its just overwhelming, also on ultrawide its kinda annoying that I got pictures all the way from another side... I really can't pinpoint what's wrong I just feel it lol... maybe the Relic icons are small... and yet I complain how cluttery it is.... or maybe its the over tooltip? I feel like the coloration of rarity (with new icons) seems very odd... maybe just box the icon into that color aswell. 

The reward should reflect all info right away, STOP with all the tooltips... just tell me how many I have and pls put the users name on the selected reward nut just the yellow on the corner of the box. 

thanks DE

Great suggestions for improvement everyone! Another thing I would add is that the relic refinement/selection screen is too over cluttered already and I think we should have a separate section for relics NOT owned, I don't want to see the relics I dont have on selection screen...well..for obvious reasons... I DONT HAVE THEM. Have a separate section in the relics console with all relics up to date where we can check info on what relic has had what drops historically, thats great BUT relic selection screen needs to be clear and concise.

Sometimes I feel DE does not look at things from the perspective of new players. I am getting friends into the game constantly and I dont want them to get confused with relics and waste resources. 

I agree with all your points and suggestions but I actually hate the fact that the new UI is smaller. As someone with eyesight problems, I like things being bigger and the old UI was perfect in that. I'm willing to forgo that though if they improve the rarity colors and add back the counter of how many you have of selected BP.  

• Like 1

Am 23.5.2019 um 23:56 schrieb AfroSpartan:

YUP.

The new rewards screen is very bad for seeing rarity and how many you own. I don't know why they decided to hide information away.

The rarity is shown by the little strip above the item and you have to hover over each item to see how many you own. They should just have a tick with a number next to it in the top left to show how many you own and then either a V or a vault symbol below it. Also i found the currently selected item too subtle.

Example of potential fixes:

eUrcg0E.jpg

love your idea! the new UI is so, so terrible. Sorry DE.

3 hours ago, Irina93 said:

I agree with all your points and suggestions but I actually hate the fact that the new UI is smaller.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my UI is scaled down to 80 :S

Edited by weirdichigo

2 hours ago, weirdichigo said:

Not bad but why not just make the item name color coded as it was before? I think the old UI was simplistic while having all necessary information ready on display. No hovering needed. Just makes me wonder why changes like this were necessary. Ducat info is completely redundant since pretty much all commons are 15, all uncommon 45 and rare 100, t's not like every item has different ducat value.

Overall I don't mind the new layout. I would however suggest bringing back the player name for choosing a relic after a mission for clarity on what you choose. Also for the relic screen on the orbitor have an option for owned relics to reduce overload while still having the option to look at what other relics are out there to look through. Finally I don't know if it's just me but I can't find how much relic refinement I have on hand from the on either screen. I've only been able to find how much I have on the warframe app on my phone which I can't use if i'm in the game. Is that just me or am i missing something?