Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the new Relic screen UI

-vnn

15 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

Oh wtf. I was doing that from phone, seems like something went wrong.

UPD: aaaaand I'm unable to move the topic to another forum section. Eh.

an admin will do it. you can DM one or just wait it out lol.

Edited by Noble_One

1 hour ago, trst said:

No, it's not the feedback they're looking for.

They look in the feedback forums when they're looking for feedback.

I also doubt they regularly look at the subreddit for feedback either, if the person who made that post actually cares they would go and make a thread about it.

On the contrary, it seems DE checks reddit more than the feedback forums or at least equally, considering more things from reddit get implemented than, maybe 6 months later things posted at the same time on feedback forums then get implemented, or never do in the first place.

5 minutes ago, birdobash said:

On the contrary, it seems DE checks reddit more than the feedback forums or at least equally, considering more things from reddit get implemented than, maybe 6 months later things posted at the same time on feedback forums then get implemented, or never do in the first place.

they check both. they have stated finding things on reddit is a bit easier.

Player feedback is what it is

Warframe: Got it guys, we'll fix this up for you!
makes it darker to see the lines above the rewards

moves the box to be under instead of covering the rewards

changes literally nothing else

It's FIXED!

s6hw4ssuap.pngagc8hjo4tb.png

Edited by Zyga21
small one I noticed

Wait, people look at the drops beyond the rarity level or whether it's a Forma? News to me and my whole clan and affiliates.

The UI change so fare has been an improvement for all those I play with for the most part, and the chages they made with the last patch improved the readability, which was nice.

Edited by KokoroWish

On 2019-06-05 at 11:34 PM, Loswaith said:

I wonder if the hover over is meant to be for controllers, since the general nature of a controller is something is always selected, unlike a mouse.  Thus a controller user can just switch between each one and have the pop-up already there.

If it is not designed for a controller I really wonder who its designed for as it is far clunkier than the previous one and really doesn't look any better for that.

Sadly there were many other UI parts that need more work on them than the relic/market ones did.

As a Controller User I'm going to say its quite the opposite

Mouseover's are terrible for Controllers.

with a real mouse, its subconscious to flick your cursor around as your eye moves

with a Thumbstick and 'Virtual Mouse Cursor' this is not the case; the virtual cursor has momentum, and the thumbstick just applies a velocity to it, not an absolute position coordinate. Its like flying a little arcade spaceship minigame. -all the time, to use basic menus-

and its totally not natural to do reflex 'eye following' with it.

note, the "switch between each one" interface Used to exist; where instead of a 'Cursor' you had your nav D-Pad that would just jump from one UI element to the next; But DE forced this new unified UI with 'Virtual Mouse Cursor' onto us. After much complaining they conceded to give us back the old D-Pad in limited form; but its super glitchy compared to the original and not really usable anymore.

so We're stuck with a fake mouse, that's an ergonomic nightmare since our physical interface is a stick, not a mouse...

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

On 2019-06-07 at 11:19 PM, Noble_One said:

-Snip-

as someone who took computer programming in high school this very much this so much so there was a picture my teacher use to describe the feeling lemme find it 

Related image

• Like 2

5 hours ago, seprent said:

as someone who took computer programming in high school this very much this so much so there was a picture my teacher use to describe the feeling lemme find it 

Related image

Same here.

Can totally relate to this, going back to my days of C++ classes. SO frustrating when you were compiling a program, after the last "rework" only to find it picked up another bug somewhere else.

Obviously the devs at DE are far more experienced and probably working with much more advanced tools...but they are also dealing with amounts of code that are orders of magnitude larger than what we dealt with at college. Millions of lines of code I would imagine, compared to the few hundred we worked on.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

24 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Can totally relate to this, going back to my days of C++ classes. SO frustrating when you were compiling a program, after the last "rework" only to find it picked up another bug somewhere else.

This reminds me of DE's spaghetti code during the days of raids, every update or the other would end up breaking Jordas in a new way to such an extent that your only option was to alt+f4 and lose the key. 

I feel that in all the negative feedback that usually happens (because players are more likely to complain about a system that needs improvements), positive feedback needs to be heard too.

The new relic interface is wonderful. To be able to refine at the mission screen, or in mission. Quality of Life improvement x100.

So, thank you.

i believe the time to refine a relic and equip it during a mission is too short.

that could be solved either by giving between 5-10 secs extra to what we currently have OR make it so you could refine the relic and automatically equip it

at least the hotfix added back the owned label and your name at the bottom, so it's back to the bare minimums. I'm satisfied with that.

As for the coding talk in here and calling this stuff bugs.... no, it's a lack of a feature, you can see a bug because the attempt as made, this was a design choice because it works right it just was not good enough.

I am tossing my 2 cents out there.  I came back from a short break recently and discovered the changes.

I have Asperger's, and I am probably in the minority here, but the UI redsign has made the game difficult to nigh on unplayable for me.  Both on ship and after breaking one open have caused me to shut down.  Something about it overloads me.  I wish I could explain it better, get more specific, but I can't.  The UI changes have made the game unplayable for me.  It is a fun game, and I really want to unlock Loki and Volt, but I can't do that with the current UI.  If it remains, I won't be able to play.  Which sucks.

Since relics UI has gotten a update i was hoping there would be a favorite option or something to sort out relics you are wanting to farm so you don't have to stumble through the list when picking, it is worse when doing a endless mission with a timer.

Something to sort out key relics you want to focus on would be so much easier to pinpoint everything

Icon for the Relic Rarity Screen, I still would like for it to be bigger. I have a bit of trouble telling bronze and the gold apart and look at the icons instead.

But I still feel they should be more noticeable, maybe make it twice as big of what it is now.

• Like 2

I agree with this, I just got the switch update and been doing some relic runs for the NW intermission and I almost always have to double check the rarities. I like how it looks now and I understand that the devs want to make the UI look cleaner, but I  would still prefer a more obvious representation of the rarities.

Maybe even just adding some silver and gold particles  or a sheen over the items just to make them visually distinct. 

• Like 1

While doing this weeks nightwave quest [open 10 relics], I've noticed that some of the new players couldn't tell at the first glance, which item is the most vaulable. I guess that little icon and thin bar below it, is not enough for someone who is not super familiar with the game. Maybe Rare items should have some kind of glow to them? - Something similar to Hearthstone and other card games.

Here is a quick, little test of how it could looks like (animated gif):

tkjE3QJ.gif

I did not implement the background and recreate the timer but you get the point. Obviously it is not perfect - just a direction of where this could go.

Edited by -LB-Tanuki

this honestly seems like an idea with no negatives tbh. bringing more attention in pubs to the fact that 'hey lookie here, someone got something you definitely might want' just seems like an upgrade with no drawback imho.

totally unrelated to the point of this post though, i think the idea of salad, regor, vor, and hek teaming up to try and get prime parts from killling their own corrupted minions in a last ditch effort to be on equal firepower footing with the tenno. i dunno, i think thats hilarious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

maybe for silver tier have a silver border no animation just a border.

I guess you are right. Atm drop tier icon is pretty close to the name of players, which can be misleading. For someone new, this icon could mean anything. It could be rank for example or even performance in mission. We need some kind of focus, specifically on an item, not below it.

I know many peoples who don't know, what relics are vaulted, and they must memorize which relics and prime parts are vaulted forselect the vaulted prime part, in case this falls out from relic. Why not  make the icon on vaulted parts? It will be convenient.

Pretty sure there's space in that square to put the owned count in without having to highlight each one.

The highlighted relic's information covering the other rewards is also annoying. Every time that screen shows I can't see all 4 rewards without moving the cursor. Gets a sigh after every relic.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo
  • Like 1