Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ember got an indirect nerf this patch

AugustFestival

the javlok changes nerfed ember with the ability to set yourself on fire and trigger the passive, yea we have Cautious shot and the penta napalm now but its really not the same, the penta mod is locked behind nightwave and while the cautious shot is accessible to all you do need to grind arbitration's to get it and the javlok has good status chance.

DE please revert the javlok changes or better yet simply make the javlok do self damage only for ember, signature weapons exist so we know its possible to do that and its a fix that no one should be unhappy with, its also not a change that I imagine requires a lot of work to implement, I anticipate some dismissal in reply but playing a staff wielding fire mage made ember fun and much more viable even in the current state

Well, I can see where this comes from, but I mostly agree with the change. It's a QoL buff for Javlok, one that'll make me use it more, and it shouldn't depend on a frame's skills. Same for Ember, because if she needs Javlok to be good it would mean she's poop, which is something I also disagree with. So while inconvenient in terms of niche play, it's overall a very nice addition imo.

54 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

wow it nerfed ember for the whole 1.5 people who did that

30 minutes ago, D20 said:

For that Ember playstyle, it looks like a nerf I guess.

For everyone else, that's a buff.

The solution is to get Ember a better passive.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Or they could just you know...actually make Ember better.

sigh these are the kind of responses i expected... no one touches the changes I suggested for ember while they work on a larger rework, I just get dismissive replies, have a little compassion for other peoples fun being taken away.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well, I can see where this comes from, but I mostly agree with the change. It's a QoL buff for Javlok, one that'll make me use it more, and it shouldn't depend on a frame's skills. Same for Ember, because if she needs Javlok to be good it would mean she's poop, which is something I also disagree with. So while inconvenient in terms of niche play, it's overall a very nice addition imo.

the thing is that they could do many many things so we both get what we want without making largescale changes to ember, they could make javlok only self damage ember or even more of a pipe dream, they could add self ignite to embers 1 when you charge it.

Yes they could just make ember better, but its obvious that isn't going to happen anytime soon, so the least they could do is not ruin any fun play styles that ember players come up with. Especially because this is a case where you CAN have your cake and eat it, you can have both changes.

I really wish people weren't so dismissive, oh well.

12 minutes ago, AugustFestival said:

the thing is that they could do many many things so we both get what we want without making largescale changes to ember, they could make javlok only self damage ember or even more of a pipe dream, they could add self ignite to embers 1 when you charge it.

Yes they could just make ember better, but its obvious that isn't going to happen anytime soon, so the least they could do is not ruin any fun play styles that ember players come up with. Especially because this is a case where you CAN have your cake and eat it, you can have both changes.

I really wish people weren't so dismissive, oh well.

In any case, I believe she's in for another rework this year. After Wukong and Vauban, that is. And a proper rework this time, not a band-aid to complaints, so I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Just now, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

In any case, I believe she's in for another rework this year. After Wukong and Vauban, that is. And a proper rework this time, not a band-aid to complaints, so I guess we'll see how it turns out.

I hope so

Edited by AugustFestival

So if the change are good for you, how many time i should wait for play again ? 1 year ? 2 year ?

=> play another frame !

But i don't whant to, This is the only one with i have a good feeling and have fun to play,

so if i can't play her anymore... then i will not play at all, to much time and mind thinking for have a acceptable build, with more of range but less of somthing else ect ect ...

And of course i buy with money new skin for her yesterday... so yes i am very ! "Happy" !

Time to sell the riven, and search for another weapon who can do the same thing without killing me at every shot...

23 minutes ago, HankHuley said:

So if the change are good for you, how many time i should wait for play again ? 1 year ? 2 year ?

exactly, people completely glossed over that they can HAVE that change thats good for them and we can keep the self damage for ember, because DE can implement different effects depending on the frame that uses it, as we have seen with signature weapons, it would be a small change to hold us over until whenever they get to making ember usable

23 minutes ago, HankHuley said:

=> play another frame !

But i don't whant to, This is the only one with i have a good feeling and have fun to play,

so if i can't play her anymore... then i will not play at all, to much time and mind thinking for have a acceptable build, with more of range but less of somthing else ect ect ...

And of course i buy with money new skin for her yesterday... so yes i am very ! "Happy" !

Time to sell the riven, and search for another weapon who can do the same thing without killing me at every shot...

what you can do is use the penta mod from nightwave, if you have that, possibly buy it? idk, you can also use cautious shot with a gun like the zarr or another self damage weapon?  im not sure how good that works tbh 

im planning on trying to use the zarr but im not happy about it

I have zarr, but with 375 shield and 300 hp...

It's like to put a rocket launcher in my own mouth and ask did i will survive ?

Not enought mod slot for life or shield augment.

Or maybe remove sprint put an art of "range" (don't know the name in english) remove range mod and probably i will can make a littler slot for vigor mod.

But less range = less hit = less damage = less CC = more damage taken... this infinite circle...

And way more to slow...

I also try to remove growing power for an physiqual aura +90 % life, but push 300 hp to 390... 300 + 90 %  = 570 hp ?? normaly. or i don't understand something.

Edited by HankHuley

15 minutes ago, AugustFestival said:

exactly, people completely glossed over that they can HAVE that change thats good for them and we can keep the self damage for ember, because DE can implement different effects depending on the frame that uses it, as we have seen with signature weapons, it would be a small change to hold us over until whenever they get to making ember usable

what you can do is use the penta mod from nightwave, if you have that, possibly buy it? idk, you can also use cautious shot with a gun like the zarr or another self damage weapon?  im not sure how good that works tbh 

im planning on trying to use the zarr but im not happy about it

I made this for a reason. You seem to brush past it a lot. Maybe if enough people respond on it then DE might take t into consideration.

1 hour ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

I made this for a reason. You seem to brush past it a lot. Maybe if enough people respond on it then DE might take t into consideration.

i didnt brush past it I just dont spend all my time on the forums, ill check it out if you want? 

28 minutes ago, AugustFestival said:

the passive is great... just give ember ways to use it, let ember use javlok or even better let ember trigger it by charging 1 or some other way through abilities. 

if they were going to keep it id rather they have her activate it through the use of her powers not some gimmick.

50 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if they were going to keep it id rather they have her activate it through the use of her powers not some gimmick.

sure but right now its more likely to get them to semi revert the javlok change instead of letting ember activate it through powers, both of those options are still better than getting a new passive that might be good might be equally useless

Edited by AugustFestival

3 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

could add it to fire blast. on cast, and passing through the ring sets you on fire or change the passive so that anytime she casts a flame skill it sets her on fire.

if you want it on cast - make accelerant set you on fire

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pro3Display said:

if you want it on cast - make accelerant set you on fire

that wiould work too. any thing is better than some self damage gimmick. im on the side of self damage being removed from this game both on frames and weapons. unpopular opinion but frames that use void magic should not be prone to death by something void magic can block instantly so them removing self damage from primary fire is a big win atleast for me.

10 hours ago, D20 said:

The solution is to get Ember a better passive.

...And a better 4.

...Also, that goes for Banshee too.

:facepalm:

DE, stop gutting frame abilities. Either rework an ability/frame properly or leave it alone. This whole "x gets worse over n amount of y" nonsense is completely awful, as is nerfing augments that prop an otherwise trashy ability up. It makes things dysfunctional and unfun to play. Even when they still end up "working" in the long run! Just look at Valkyr!

...On a related note, I wish people knew what the Cottage Rule was these days. Kinda relevant given the game its from recently resurrected from the grave.