Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ember got an indirect nerf this patch

AugustFestival

33 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

...And a better 4.

...Also, that goes for Banshee too.

:facepalm:

DE, stop gutting frame abilities. Either rework an ability/frame properly or leave it alone. This whole "x gets worse over n amount of y" nonsense is completely awful, as is nerfing augments that prop an otherwise trashy ability up. It makes things dysfunctional and unfun to play. Even when they still end up "working" in the long run! Just look at Valkyr!

...On a related note, I wish people knew what the Cottage Rule was these days. Kinda relevant given the game its from recently resurrected from the grave.

Check out my Rework kit for Ember.

13 hours ago, AugustFestival said:

the javlok changes nerfed ember with the ability to set yourself on fire and trigger the passive, yea we have Cautious shot and the penta napalm now but its really not the same, the penta mod is locked behind nightwave and while the cautious shot is accessible to all you do need to grind arbitration's to get it and the javlok has good status chance.

DE please revert the javlok changes or better yet simply make the javlok do self damage only for ember, signature weapons exist so we know its possible to do that and its a fix that no one should be unhappy with, its also not a change that I imagine requires a lot of work to implement, I anticipate some dismissal in reply but playing a staff wielding fire mage made ember fun and much more viable even in the current state

Or better yet, change ember's passive so that it doesn't require players to set themselves on fire 😄

11 minutes ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

check it out.

Can you re-format it, and make it easier to read? Take out unnecessary fluff, highlight individual points/names with bullets and bold text 

Just get to the point of what new change you're suggesting. No need to say something is bad, or why... many people have/are already expressing that. Just show what your new idea is, and why it might be more fun or work better. (or how it can be easily implemented)

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Can you re-format it, and make it easier to read? Take out unnecessary fluff, highlight individual points/names with bullets and bold text 

Just get to the point of what new change you're suggesting. No need to say something is bad, or why... many people have/are already expressing that. Just show what your new idea is, and why it might be more fun or work better. (or how it can be easily implemented)

I tried to send you a link. I think you have to click on the title of my thread to open it.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

I tried to send you a link. I think you have to click on the title of my thread to open it.

No, I mean how you wrote your rework... it's more likely to get read and considered by the devs if it's easier to read and concise/to the point. (Unless you're already secretly a dev, in which case lul)

Try something like this:

"I love the idea of ember, but I think some tweaks/changes could improve her gameplay experience and effectiveness. Here are my ideas" 

Passive 

• Current problem:  Currently her passive rarely ges activated, and requires the player to take damage--which often results in getting oneshot.
  • Suggested change: Heat procs stack, and provoke a buff counter for ember. Each stack increases her power strength or fire damage dealt.

Example: Maximum stack of 200x for 50% fire damage increase. If you only have 100x your damage will increase by 25%. Not engaging or using an ability in combat for 6 seconds will cause the procs to start diminishing by 5 over time until it reaches 0. There is also no energy regeneration over time from this passive.

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

No, I mean how you wrote your rework... it's more likely to get read and considered by the devs if it's easier to read and concise/to the point. (Unless you're already secretly a dev, in which case lul)

Try something like this:

"I love the idea of ember, but I think some tweaks/changes could improve her gameplay experience and effectiveness. Here are my ideas" 

Passive: 

Heat procs stack, and provoke a buff counter for ember. Each stack increases her power strength or fire damage dealt.

Example: Maximum stack of 200x for 50% fire damage increase. If you only have 100x your damage will increase by 25%. Not engaging or using an ability in combat for 6 seconds will cause the procs to start diminishing by 5 over time until it reaches 0. There is also no energy regeneration over time from this passive.

Never thought of that lol.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

Never thought of that lol.

I just edited the original suggestion, to also include space for why/how something is currently flawed or what's a problem, and then why/how your suggestion is an improvement

those pieces of feedback are important, but they need to be concise and to the pont so that they're easy to understand/read. 

Don't just say something is "bad" instead explain how it takes away from the gameplay experience, and provide a suggestion of how it can be improved. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

The ideas sound fun btw, but consider the concept that the original creator/artist had in mind. It's also their creation, so try to stay close to what they wanted. 

But yeah, it all sounds pretty cool. You just need to work on your writing presentation, and the content of information. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

2 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

The ideas sound fun btw, but consider the concept that the original creator/artist had in mind. It's also their creation, so try to stay close to what they wanted. 

But yeah, it all sounds pretty cool. You just need to work on your writing presentation, and the content of information. 

Thanks. I’ll definitely try to improve in that department. But it’s just as you said. I do seem to be straying away from Embers actual kit. I have been playing her for so long that it gave me the idea to make such adjustments. I just don’t know what else that could be done?

1 minute ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

I have been playing her for so long that it gave me the idea to make such adjustments. I just don’t know what else that could be done?

Maybe take a break, and come back to it after trying other things?

1 minute ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

True. I guess it’s something I’ll just have to wait out.

Honestly, using and learning other/new things (mental diversity) literally helps us understand things better. It does this enabling us to see things we already knew, from different perspectives. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

I get your frustration over it but you're asking for something to be changed that benefits 99.5% of the playerbase in favor of a gimmick. The real problem lies in how unreliable ember's passive is and that is what needs fixing. Trust me I enjoy gimmick builds just as much but when it falls into a situation like this where it would impede the larger gameplay as a whole, the gimmick needs to be addressed and the underlying problems causing it and not the other way around. On a side note there are other weapons which will still work. A stug for instance with the right riven mod using negative damage and fire will work just fine. Just need one tiny blob, walk on it, >>>> get set ablaze>>> ???>>>energy profit

Edited by Doomclaaw

6 hours ago, ZoneDymo said:

way more logical to change Ember's Passive tbh

the passive is great there just needs to be a reliable way to trigger it, there isn't any reason why we shouldn't be able to have ember self damage with javlok but no one else self damage, have a toggle to turn off self damage on certain weapons, because setting yourself on fire as mirage does stuff too, even better have a way for ember to trigger the passive built into the kit along with a way for mirage to change light levels.

3 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

then use the penta, with the augment mod.
problem solved.

there are various reasons why that isn't a great replacement, one of the big ones is that not everyone has access to that mod because it was during the first nightwave, the other is that its just inferior.

TheKurtiStryke

Did the penta up to 85 % chance of status without killing you in one blow ?

And is natural Blast damage not fire...

So basicaly even if you manage to take 0 dmg by any miracle, you will die by the blast damage and the fire damage over time.

Javlok doing way better job in just aiming to the ground and right click one time ... two time (no luck) ... tree time (no luck) wait regen shield cause no more life.

until proc.

but now they also tripled his area damage so if you try like me to ingite youself by trowing you weapon you have high chance to die in the process with précautionous fire of course, cause ember have : 375 Shield and 300 HP !

And you don't have enough mod slot for augment you'r life without décreasing somthing else way too far for her viability.

And the passiv give us what we need the most, power and regen.

Because you sacrifice all you'r power for range since the nerf (best idéa ever btw), you can't hit anything with 15m or less (full mod range ~18/19 m), wile saryn do 140 m ... ( u_u' ) logic 🐵

But you sacrifice duration for efficiency, without that you will be empty before you can say "where is the bleue balls" and do damage over time like fire ! for an fire warframe ! 😮

So you need to regain some power, and energie and the passiv do that.

That was cool to burn all the ennemy with x2 energy spend, and with the passive we can close the spell burn ouself and regen when the fight go a little down. But now we will just burn all our energy en try to regen by killing ourself... another best idéa i guess...

I understand that ppl whant to play with this weapon and i'm not against it, but give us the way to triger the passiv, because it is absolutly needed.

Ans like i said earlyer, we have spell 1 who is totaly useless, since spell 3 doing better !

You just have to put self ingnition on it, or maybe make another spell aroung the idéa of self combustion for exemple.

And if spell 4 is too much for other ppl you have 2 possibility to change her, without destroying her playstyle :

-Remove the 5 target limitation

-More the ennemy are far from the center (player) less damages

-or or and divide the damages by the number of ennemy in range.

Edited by HankHuley

• 1 month later...

The penta is good weapon to inflict fire damage with the Napalm Grenades and Cautious Shot mod, but the Napalm Grenades mod can only be achieved in the event, I have a video in another post using it you can see it. I want you to put the Javlok back as it was and add more weapons to self-inflict heat damage since this is also good for mirage.

I leave a link where I share my opinion on both topics. I would like more weapons to self-inflict heat damage, such as better synergy between ember skills.

Edited by Phernok