Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion: weird mechanics. A new icethrower?

Yaerion

I mean, I know that Warframe contains some space magic, but it doesn't make sense to fire an ondulating beam of photons to make ice. Nothing in this sentence makes sense. Photons are supposed to heaten, afaik. And they do not "ondulate" as if they were drunk, nor do they stop their course after 24m. Edit:explanation below in the post of haphazardlynamed, ignore the scratched part.

Why the Glaxion doesn't can't we have a weapon that fire a cloud of nitrogen similarly to how the Ignis fire a cloud of flames? They would compete in a true Song of Ice and Fire.

The "new" Glaxion could deal less damage than the Ignis with his nitrogen clouds but would guarantee to freeze the enemies progressively (whatever the modding is), but it could have a secondary fire shotting sharp stalactites (semi-auto?) dealing way more damage (physical, mostly puncture?), and having a cool effect if it kills frozen targets by the primary fire: they explode and deal radial damage like the Avalanche of Frost?

At least, this version would make more sense, physics-wise, and could make this weapon a more viable option in the whole game.

I feel like ice weapons could use much love. Cause everything is about fire and radiation, nowadays... Even among the frames. 😕

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Yaerion
Modified the parts no longer necessary. + changed title.
  • Like 4

il y a 17 minutes, Yaerion a dit :

Why the Glaxion doesn't fire a cloud of nitrogen similarly to how the Ignis fire a cloud of flames? They would compete in a true Song of Ice and Fire.

I feel like ice weapons could use much love. Cause everything is about fire and radiation, nowadays... Even among the frames. 😕

Thanks for reading!

Since i've fight few month (around 2014) when we had something like 14 fire weap , 12 electric weap , 8 toxine weap and 0 ice weapon....i feel right what you mean and totally agree with you.

-a main frost

The Protons were subjected to a cooling process using sub-atomical orokin coolant towers. I mean, it's obvious if you understand physics. 👩‍🚀

Spoiler

Another successful day in #amazingpoopphisics! 👨‍🔬

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

5 hours ago, Yaerion said:

I mean, I know that Warframe contains some space magic, but it doesn't make sense to fire an ondulating beam of photons to make ice. Nothing in this sentence makes sense. Photons are supposed to heaten, afaik. And they do not "ondulate" as if they were drunk, nor do they stop their course after 24m.

It works fine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_cooling

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed
  • Like 1

Cool! Thanks for clarifying this point, @(PS4)haphazardlynamed ! I didn't know that. It seems really unintuitive for a peasant in physics like me. Now I'm disturbed. Please send a photon. 🙂

This doesn't change the fact that nitrogen "cloud/stalactites" weapons would make more sense and utility, and that ice weapons need love.

Thank you all for reacting anyway!

Edited by Yaerion

10 hours ago, Yaerion said:

but it could have a secondary fire shotting sharp stalactites (semi-auto?) dealing way more damage (physical, mostly puncture?), and having a cool effect if it kills frozen targets by the primary fire

I had a similar idea, but for a new secondary weapon.
This way we could finally have a full cold-based arsenal: Glaxion for primary, a new secondary and the Sibear.

And no, Hystrix doesn't count. :P

i had write the same before they released this weapon, they had to add a special ability to freeze enemies. Now It's only good for ML and for riven speculators... The cold damage interferes with a gas build reducing his power,  maybe the spectra is better but i have to test  it .

Edited by bibmobello

Il y a 18 heures, FrostPrime a dit :

I’m willing to ignore it not making sense because it’s a freaking freeze ray. I agree we could use more cold weapons but I’d prefer to see your suggestion become a new weapon rather then ruining the feel of an established one.

Thank you. I edited the title and the relevant parts to reflect what you suggest 😉

Il y a 15 heures, Runiq a dit :

I had a similar idea, but for a new secondary weapon.
This way we could finally have a full cold-based arsenal: Glaxion for primary, a new secondary and the Sibear.

And no, Hystrix doesn't count. 😛

The game is indeed craving for at least an ice secondary. But there are so many weapons of this element to add to catch up the number of fire weapons... There are so many possibilities:

- sharp or cutting talactites

- nitrogen clouds

- explosive grenades with ice shrapnel shards that deal first Ice damage, then Viral/Corrosive/Poison when the shard melts and dilute into the blood

- an Icethrower weapon that could Jam enemy weapons

- one that could build in 1 to X seconds an ice cover (size like the stone-wall of Atlas) with a secondary fire

- creation of small zones of intense freezing over time, on which enemies would be constantly slowed down, and/or knocked down

- etc

It would also be cool to have more warframes with some (not all powers like Frost) Ice-oriented powers, and infusing and empowering Ice damage. Ice effects can be used to block statuses, enable intense gliding, create shape-shifting temporary weapons (I think of something similar to Gara with her Shattered Lash here), create mirrors/reflecting light, enhance ice damage/statuses from other sources etc. So many possibilities. But we need more Ice weapons to go with frames that could strenghten this type of damage.

Glaxion and Sibear ain't exactly shiny examples of what Ice could do in the game.

@bibmobello Maybe that the problem also comes from the current state of the "Ice/Cold Status"=> not useful like other status. Fire status has clearly an advantage: it's 2 status in 1: Damage over time + Fear. To be in line, Ice would need for example to have a "complete freeze" feature if a weapon dealing ice damage hits a target under Cold Status.

Also, the polarity of Ice in builds doesn''t help: the D polarity has very few mods, rendering all builds with it complicated and hindering. It should be the -- (dash) like other elemental mods, or a ton of useful mods should have this polarity. (currently it's not the case: there are only Ice and +Status chance with this polarity).

Edited by Yaerion