Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love Nyx, Can We Slightly Adjust Mind Control?

Janzer

All I want changed in Mind Control is to have what you did to Trinity's Well of Life minus the floating aspect and healing aspect....make the Mind Controlled mob that we target as Nyx have higher damage reduction so our team mates don't instantly kill our pet. Another really nice thing would be if we could have a much greater visual indicator of which mob Nyx is Mind Controlling for our team mates. In the heat of battle, no one cares that my Mind Controlled pet is slightly yellow/red/blue etc.

I'm not sure what the visual solution is to this, you did a greater visual adjustment with Nekros' raised dead, but if you at least have Mind Controlled mobs take only like 1% damage from team mates, then we can at least have our helper live longer than 2 seconds!

All I want changed in Mind Control is to have what you did to Trinity's Well of Life minus the floating aspect and healing aspect....make the Mind Controlled mob that we target as Nyx have higher damage reduction so our team mates don't instantly kill our pet. Another really nice thing would be if we could have a much greater visual indicator of which mob Nyx is Mind Controlling for our team mates. In the heat of battle, no one cares that my Mind Controlled pet is slightly yellow/red/blue etc.

I'm not sure what the visual solution is to this, you did a greater visual adjustment with Nekros' raised dead, but if you at least have Mind Controlled mobs take only like 1% damage from team mates, then we can at least have our helper live longer than 2 seconds!

The main problem with Mind Control is not the ability but your teammates. If they can't realize or care that you have something controlled then that's on them. Whenever in pugs and my team is instantly killing my minion I let them know and ask them to stop shooting it. 9 times out of 10 they do.

I could agree with a friendly damage reduction though since aoe can't always be avoided, but I wouldn't say any higher than 50% should be necessary. 1% would just give trolling protential.

If mind controlled targets take less damage you'll have your team mates spending more bullets and energy killing it. It will need to be killed eventually anyway. I usually only use it when the enemies are getting really hard to handle (level 100+ that is), at this point players are also a bit more conscious of their actions (or dead).

I'd say no thanks to damage reduction to the target. A better animation (like a Nyx hanging over it or something) would do wonders, but don't buff the target.

The main problem with Mind Control is not the ability but your teammates. If they can't realize or care that you have something controlled then that's on them. Whenever in pugs and my team is instantly killing my minion I let them know and ask them to stop shooting it. 9 times out of 10 they do.

I could agree with a friendly damage reduction though since aoe can't always be avoided, but I wouldn't say any higher than 50% should be necessary. 1% would just give trolling protential.

Well, when communication isn't the easiest option, due to random groups or whatever, then there still needs to be a better visual indication of the fact that the mind controlled mob is Nyx's. If the game mechanic worked properly, we wouldn't need to educate the team on what my skill does. The other thing is, in the heat of battle when you are either blasting away or hacking away at mobs, taking even a second to bother determining which mob is Nyx controlled isn't usually my teammate's option.

No, it would be much easier to either change the visual on this to make it much more apparent, or just to increase damage reduction to the mob for the remainder of the mind control, or make it immune to team fire. Both options would fix the problem in a jiffy, as people would quickly recognize they are doing no damage, and that would propagate throughout the community.

If mind controlled targets take less damage you'll have your team mates spending more bullets and energy killing it. It will need to be killed eventually anyway. I usually only use it when the enemies are getting really hard to handle (level 100+ that is), at this point players are also a bit more conscious of their actions (or dead).

I'd say no thanks to damage reduction to the target. A better animation (like a Nyx hanging over it or something) would do wonders, but don't buff the target.

They would learn quickly that their bullets and energy spent trying to kill the mob are doing nothing, and after that it would become a known fact that this is a Nyx controlled mob, especially if we connect a better visual indicator like they have with Nekros' controlled mobs.