Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuttering and low FPS since the update

MajorTom

Hello friends,

I have quite a lot of hours "invested" into warframe and never had a performance issue until now. Yesterday update dropped my pretty much constant 100 fps to below 60(and that's just walking around orbiter) and causing something that feels like micro stuttering. It is not smooth on either of my screens. My main Screen is Acer X34(100hz) and my secondary screen is Asus PG279Q (165hz), both screen use G-sync and both screens experience same issues. This happens in borderless full screen, which is how I always played. Windowed mode is fine but locked to 60fps and full screen is unplayable due to being split between 2 screens, an issue that other users reported too.

All other games that I play have no issues and play the same way the used to without problems. Warframe did too before this update.

System specs:

wPgpkea.png

Send help pls 😛

7 hours ago, P416 said:

My main Screen is Acer X34(100hz) and my secondary screen is Asus PG279Q (165hz),

Your screenshot shows a third monitor, what refresh rate is that at?

What is the windows scaling set at for each monitors? Anything other then 100% might be part of the problem, maybe.

Windows 10 and windows 8 have a problem with mixed refresh rate, being slowed down or go stutter if there is anything constantly updating on the slowest refresh rates. This, sadly, slows down or stutters the games in borderless or windowed mode. Windows 7 can turn off windows Aero DWM to avoid most of this problem.

Here is a video of mixing 60Hz and 24Hz refresh rates. The same problem happens to higher refresh rate monitors as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p10OMGDXolQ