Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) New Boss Fight: Ropalolyst Feedback

[DE]Danielle

20 minutes ago, Convictohell said:

nevermind. i give up because you're not going to. you're better than me you win congrats gg.

I mean, I already have a potential queue. I am not 100% this is what it is, but its what I have so far. 

• It appears that it screeches/roars prior to doing it. But I only seem to get it around breaking the things.
  • It hits the things (I forget what they are) with the high damage attack. Breaking those and then keeps blasting you (unless you hide behind it)
  • I also got hit by it (for a second time following screech/roar) while running along the ziplines after breaking one. 

Edit: the red laser attacks sometimes seem to one hit me. These should be fairly easy to see though. There is a red beam that follows you prior to firing. You can just roll out the way. Or be faster than it. This is just the standard attacks though. 

I tested its damage against Hysteria. It seems to do very little damage actually. A full blast was under 1000 on Hysteria. Which seems weird, because it is a one hit kill without it.

Edit 2: I forgot to add this earlier. Instead of attacking people that say it is easy. Why not figure out why it is easy for them, but not for you. There is probably a good reason for this. And I doubt it is 'we are better than you'.

Edited by krc473

It's a Jupiter boss, but it's very late in the story, it sounds like you can't actually fight it until, at minimum, reaching Mot in the void via Sedna for Chains of Harrow, which requires all previous Junction requirements to also have been met.

That said, its lasers did seem to do far too much damage, especially for the listed level and how quickly it can aim and fire them.  I'm really not a fan of levels not being indicative of damage output, as seen in Orb Vallis enemies for example.  It's absolutely Soloable, I did it with Nezha, but it was still taking out my Halo in 1-2 shots.

2 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

It's a Jupiter boss, but it's very late in the story, it sounds like you can't actually fight it until, at minimum, reaching Mot in the void via Sedna for Chains of Harrow, which requires all previous Junction requirements to also have been met.

That said, its lasers did seem to do far too much damage, especially for the listed level and how quickly it can aim and fire them.  I'm really not a fan of levels not being indicative of damage output, as seen in Orb Vallis enemies for example.  It's absolutely Soloable, I did it with Nezha, but it was still taking out my Halo in 1-2 shots. 

Hi savage here, What is Nezha's halo? I mastered and never touched them again.

I seriously dislike that Natah takes up nearly half my screen the whole time she's pontificating about carpenters and farmers, lights and Golden Wrath - it's a lot of monologue that takes up a lot of my screen when I'm trying to do other things, like get to the boss. As has been noted, it makes parkouring pretty annoying; I would like to add that it also camouflages enemies behind her oversized noggin.

Suggestion: Shrink her head and make this thing only play once. You want people to run it a minimum of four times for all Wisp's parts, right? Or five times for all the Amalgam mods? Minimize annoyance from avoidable places.

In the fight itself, I find the mechanics annoyingly lengthy, and will likely not attempt to solo it again - dealing with the Synovia while being the sole holder of its attention is frustrating, given its damage output. That it also has a grab attack is...I hate to say it twice so close together, but it's frustrating to be held aloft and zapped without apparent recourse, especially since there's other things that have to be handled, necessitating taking your attention off the boss.

Suggestion: Tone the damage of its frequent, relatively subtle attacks down - if it's going to deal massive damage with something, give a clear tell regarding it, as opposed to "Whoops, you stepped in the laser pointer." I would also suggest a Stun period after each Capacitor, since it did just get blasted well enough that it can't fly - it makes more sense than "It just gets up and can't fly for a while." A Stun period would allow for quickly destroying the Synovia even if the teamwork is lacking - or nonexistent, as in the case of a solo player; I feel like soloists get forgotten in a lot of design decisions, going all the way back to the Cicero event. Also, if someone is solo, don't do the grab.

It's a fun fight overall but every attack being a one shot is just flat bad.  This fight is currently tuned to where the two opponents can one shot each other and it's just a game of dodge ball.  It has to hit me 5 times to win and I need to hit it 6.  Can we just get rid of the shield/health bar for this fight and just replace it with our revive tokens and instead of actually going down just have it take a token and do a stagger?  It would be a million times more immersive.

Sarcasm aside I am glad they added telegraphs to the instant kill attacks, but there are too many of them in a row.  At least in games like dark souls there are block, parry, and dodge functions that give you options for dealing with attacks.  Our only option is to run and hide from these attacks.  Given that the attacks either should not instant kill or be far less frequent.  If it was once every 20-30 seconds it would give a feeling of "Oh big attack coming, gotta get out of the way."  Instead they are currently so frequent it's just, "Oh, goddammit, i got clipped by that BS again."

The grab mechanic just needs to go or have the thing every other game in the world with a grab mechanic has to make it bearable.  And that would be the ability to mash a button to get released.  This is more annoying than the instant kill because it's just you staring at the screen knowing you are dead and waiting for it to happen in 10 seconds.  Also the chain grabs need to go.  Dying to a grab only to revive and get grabbed again before I can move while invulnerable is nonsense.  

It's not like the fight is hard, it's just insta-gib.  This fight is the reason we need shield gating.  I would have enjoyed the fight more if there was some decent back and forth, but instead my current favorite brand of cheese is to just take Titania and not worry about needing to dodge S#&$.

On 2019-05-10 at 7:16 PM, Jiminez_Burial said:

I guess this point is simply a difference of opinion.  I can't argue against it, but I sure don't agree with it.

I never argued that the rest of the games bosses were good, I'm saying that PT is the best so far.  I've had occasions where I've had migraines so bad that I struggle to speak, yet I've been able to play Warframe without an issue.  I doubt I would have been able to run PT with any where near as much success and I consider that a good thing.  As I've said, I never have an issue with knockdowns/cooldowns etc because I'm actively avoiding them, I'm paying attention.

Nope, I never use Rage on any of my builds because I'm good about avoiding damage and managing energy so if I ever did take significant health damage it would be a one-hit so the energy can't be used to avoid being downed, or I take the health hit at a time when I already have near to max energy.  I also only use Hunter Adrenaline on one of the builds, and it's not one of my PT builds.

Again, I just manage the adds so I don't ever have an issue with the drones (because they're the ones that give the bubbles in OV).  Oberon is incredibly consistent when he's used in my runs (either with me using him or my friend) so I'm not sure why you wouldn't use him.  Saryn was mentioned because I thought her mobility would benefit others who can't keep track of where Hallowed Ground is and what null drones are around.

I'd agree that a matter of opinion is involved here. I don't think suffering a migraine impacts being able to play any game. Hallowed Ground is nifty. If not those mods, zenurik void dash energy regen, perhaps? Anyhow, if not for the nullifier-bubble-and-knockdown-happy nature of the "adds" in this fight, I'd be able to understand "just manage the adds". But doing so with that factored in, while tanking damage and also needing to damage the boss instead, goes from "challenging" to "frustrating". Anything akin to a 'stunlock', like knockdowns, is going to have that issue, really.

On 2019-05-12 at 12:55 PM, Chipputer said:

Stopped taking you seriously about here.

Look, enemies knock you down. It's annoying but it happens. They've made it to where only Profit Taker is supposed to knock you down during her fight. Her knockdowns are super telegraphed and even able to be dodged by moving properly.

These mods are not bandaids. These mods are direct solutions. Arcane Nullifier is not a bandaid. It's a direct solution. Adaptation is not a bandaid. It's a direct solution.
You don't get to call this one a bandaid. This isn't Equinox's Mend/Maim augment.

It's absolutely false that Profit-Taker is the only source of knockdowns during her fight. If you'd kept reading you'd already have understood that I acknowledged she isn't even part of the problem there.

The mods are band-aids. They're slap-on additions to the game that don't involve directly curing the core problem (too much knockdown spam). You don't get to dictate to me what I can and cannot label a "band-aid" when there's no term more fitting. And I've absolutely no idea what relevance Equinox's augment has here; she doesn't even need an augment, really.

On 2019-05-12 at 1:40 PM, --END--Rikutatis said:

Honestly it sounds like you just want another Sergeant you can one shot effortlessly. Compared to eidolons this fight was already dumbed down considerably. People gave you explanations and solutions to most if not all of your issues, and you just call them bandaids and come up with more excuses.

The adds and a good chunk of the damage to yourself can be dealt with by simply killing the towers preemptively to avoid the alert level from rising. You can deal with knockdowns by simply slapping a simple mod on your build that completely negates that (DE even nerfed the knockdowns from adds already). The ammo issue on archguns is just a matter of identifying the archgun corpus guy (forgot his name) in the field and killing him for archgun ammo restores. This boss isn't tanky at all as you imply (compared to eidolons for example), provided you build correctly and/or bring a frame to buff your damage. The thing about operator amps changing the elemental weakness type may be something you might struggle with in your FIRST profit fight, provided you go in blindly, but once you figure it out, that's it. No mystery to it and it's actually a pretty neat mechanic (probably the only interesting mechanic in this whole fight). There's nothing wrong with this fight, other than the fact DE made it considerably easier and dumbed down compared to eidolons, and the rewards aren't very good. 

Honestly, it sounds like you've neglected to read anything I've written in this thread. For you to say that I "just want another Sergeant (I) can one shot effortlessly" is completely ignorant of everything that's been said thus far. Please consider actually paying attention to the discussion at hand before contributing to it, it's a bit bothersome.

If you cannot handle witnessing a discussion take place with counterpoints and opposing arguments, why are you even here inhabiting the forums?

Yes, I'm aware of how alert towers work. No, I don't let them run unchecked. No, that is not a direct solution to any of the problems I've got with the scenario here.

I'm aware of damage buffs and loadouts. That doesn't remove the fact the boss has heavy amounts of armor, a high health pool, and arbitrary damage reduction to boot (like most bosses now do). It's tanky. You're just able to do asinine amounts of damage under certain conditions because DE's set up a wobbly stack of cards centered around the modding situation that for some reason they still haven't decided is worth addressing.

Can you honestly say the game prepares you to just randomly shoot at things with your operator, just on the offchance it does something new? Were there hints I missed at some point during the prior bounties that mentioned shooting at it with an amp? Also, we'll have to agree to disagree about how "interesting" it is to have a rotating damage immunity; I'm not a big fan of mechanics designed to try one's patience.

At least you don't have to wait an hour at a time if you don't happen to be on during the night cycle for Eidolons, I guess.

Edited by TheGreenFellow
using I in brackets apparently triggers formatting even without a / closed bracket

1 minute ago, TheGreenFellow said:

I don't think suffering a migraine impacts being able to play any game.

Just to elaborate, I'm talking the type of migraine where you're physically unable to speak and you lose some degree of motor skills such as being able to grip items.

4 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Just to elaborate, I'm talking the type of migraine where you're physically unable to speak and you lose some degree of motor skills such as being able to grip items.

I mean, I'm sorry you've had migraines that bad? I just don't agree with the reasoning that Profit-Taker (or Warframe) is a breeze to play, because you played it while having a bad migraine.

On the other hand I'll admit it's thankfully not overly intensive with the keybinds.

Edited by TheGreenFellow

3 hours ago, Tyanya said:

The problem I see is every single release of new content the vets flood to the forums and say make this endgame, there needs to content for lowbees to enjoy, after all, that's where the money is, if a lowbee tries 5 times and hits a brick wall it's more likely they'll get frustrated and quit, if a vet steamrolls the content, they'll just wait for the next content drop which will likely be for them.

The majority of vets are sitting on piles of plat or have plenty of easy means to make it whilst your newbee is much more likely to purchase plat on his or her journey through Warframe, if you genuinely care about the future of DE and Warframe it makes sense to look at the bigger picture.

You comment that you'll farm the mods and won't return to it because of the lack of HP, but if it was a bullet sponge that took 45 minutes and 5 ammo boxes to take down would that really be more fun and a reason to return to it?

I had a fantastic time soloing it, didn't have a clue what I was doing but it felt good when I'd sussed it out. 😄

Giving it a bit more health, means that I can bring a group with me to a fun boss fight. I don't mind a bullet sponge as long as its fun. Keyword here is fun. Ropalolyst is fun, it just doesn't last long at all. A Lowbee can go find a clan or a group to play with to get the full co op experience, solo players are normally most of the time GOD like so it doesn't matter if it has boosted health. If you are past the sacrifice you aren't a lowbee anymore. The Ropalolyst isn't an armored tank. Giving it more health would not hurt the boss fight at all. If you realize that you will need more ammo packs to beat it build it. Its part of the games system, use it. Stop giving them excuses. I have 2 clan member lowbees that I took with me to the boss fight and they was disappointed by how fast it ended and then they logged off cause they didn't care about the rest of the update. DE is focusing too much on the farming aspect not the experience of an awesome fight, lengthy fight, people tend to not care about how long it takes as long as its fun thats why people love their endurance runs, because theres fun in that for people. Same thing with boss fights, bosses should have mechanics yes, but also health. Thats how it is in all video games Final Fantasy, Guild Wars, Maplestory, Mabinogi, Vindictus, Dragon Nest, Megaman, Spyro, literally any game that features a boss, is a damage sponge, but warframe is the opposite, the complete opposite. But I digress. I just find it ironic that time was spent on this boss to look and seem amazing to be so weak health wise. How did Wolf of Saturn 6, a assassin have more health, than a huge sentient node boss thats the lead up to the new war. Mabye I'm just too strong.

5 hours ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

The battle is are disaster:

1. One hit kills are just stupid. Even Hydrolyst is not that cheaty.

- Trying to run the wires > get targeted > OHK.

- Trying run back by wires > get targeted > OHK.

2. Void Dash restiction is stupid. You can't even do it - got kicked into frame > get targeted > OHK.

3. Beam stage might cause a bug where you and Rape-a-lol-yst both became invisible forever. It can happen if it grabs you.

P.S. Exploiter was way better in terms of balance.

1. I agree I wouldn't mind if the lasers was like a well choreographed attack. Like shooting from right underneath it moving up or across the platform and have variations to the beam attacks and if you got touched you would take high damage or a OHKO.
2. The Void Restriction is the Lotus Blocking you out. I understand that and I don't mind it at all it prevents cheesing evening the playing field.
3. I haven't come across that
4. Exploiter Orb Never does anything threatening, its just waiting to die, its the worse example you could give. A Better Choice would be the Gantulyst. The Gantulyst is the best and greatest boss in warframe, because it has variation.

Examples. It has 2 versions of its stomps, One with Energy Pillars, one without but produces 5 high damaging shockwaves within its barrier that you have to jump over or aim glide over to prevent getting knocked out of its Barrier, if you did you would take damage from its pulsating shield. Arm swing and its Arm slam attack, The Arm slam being its only cheese move. Its God Ray( the multiple laser lightshow in the sky ) which is completely useless. Overall it has more variety than any boss in game right now, it and the Teralyst both. Hydrolyst is a bit more advanced. 

Edited by _Behemot

I found this boss confusing and frustrating to get ohko while trying to figure it out. Even after Googling how to properly do this fight I am not excited to do it and it is more of a chore just so I can get a new frame.   it seems less fighting and more of hitting a bunch of redundant hoops while avoiding environmental damage. Yuck.

Edit*

After soloing this boss successfully a bit, I can add some critiques.

1. the cutscene after grabbing the flyadon can be a pain as enemies down you before you get control of your frame. Maybe delay the spawn by 2 seconds.

2. Put some indicator that you are supposed to jump at this thing after shields are down, rather than a subtle hint. Getting in melee range goes against every instinct vs arial targets.

3. The lasers happen to often. Most frames crumble from just one mistake.

4. Finally, the last trigger switch after damaging flyadon body is too short a window. Even 2 seconds longer to hit that control panel would be sufficient to make it far less tedious. Look into this if you add hp like everyone wants, as not everyone has a gun with rivens.

Overall its still more gimick and not enough fight for my tastes. Also travel to the boss is too far. I imagine groups have to wait a long time for the slow guy to parkour that 2k distance.

Edited by TheGeoDemon
reflecting

Overall, the fight is fun. Better than all of the bosses on the star chart (not counting open world bosses). But there is one thing I dislike about the fight The Rewards. I prefer adding endo, kuva, sentient cores or even eidolon shards and maybe void relics to incentivize players to play the fight again from time to time, because once you get those mods and parts there is no reason to do it again. Making it  something something abandoned content after a few days after release.

1. Confusing confusing confusing with very little direction. A marker doesn't help if there are giant pits everywhere and no up or down arrow on the waypoint.

2. If it's your first time and others have played it they are 700m ahead of you while you're still working out you have to wall bounce around the outside.

3. If you fall off the edge you get placed right back before the wall bounce section, so then you're even further behind the people rushing ahead.

4. Didn't get to read/hear anything anyone said because I was so far behind trying to catch up. I also couldn't see past lotus sometimes.

5. Boss bugged out after 1 pylon got broken so it was a waste of time.

6. Falling off the edge in the boss fight area left me in an almost endless respawn while falling loop.

To summarize: didn't learn anything about the mission, fell in every pit available only to spawn hundreds of metres behind everyone and then had to abort anyway.

This may sound silly after I've already killed it solo 10+ times... But what one shot ability are you saying seems unavoidable?

The small beams do quite a bit of damage, but you should never be hit by them if you amp down the shield and immediately rush to the lines. Rop will instantly teleport to the area you're heading.

If you mean the charge beam, as far as I know he only uses that when you're standing by a power core. Since you have to get behind the core for his beam to charge it, it should never be unavoidable.

I was running it with Baruuk and my radiation catchmoon with zero issues, and he never gets one shotted with his daggers up. The only times I died were when I got the black screen 'you fell from the map' bug that kept removing my buffs and spawning me directly in front of the laser.

I'll echo what others are saying about one hit kills being rather cheap.  Especially combined with the constant threat of falling, being unable to move for a second while resetting, and getting vaporized.  This isn't helped by the fact that Transference doesn't work reliably and I can't tell what is making the difference between being able to use it and not being able.  I'm abruptly, and without warning, unable to void dash in one of the few situations in the game where it would really be useful to void dash.

Also, the being grabbed thing?  Not a fan.  I generally dislike mechanics where the game decides "okay, you lose now" and, unless I'm using an ability that makes me invulnerable, that's what being grabbed is at the moment: an automatic loss of a life.  In a boss where every other hit is already instantly lethal, having a slow-but-one-hundred-percent-certainly-lethal attack just comes across as spiteful.  What's the point?  Just shoot me instead, it's faster and the end result of "I lose a life now" is exactly the same.  Either that, or let me actually have the ability to fight back while grabbed.

Also, the lore is nice, but no lore is still going to be interesting once I've run this mission twenty times trying to get the last Wisp part to drop.  I'm kinda surprised to see that design choice still being made.  It's definitely a "familiarity breeds contempt" sort of situation.  Especially since the ones talking aren't even directly involved in the fight.  Perhaps consider merging it into hint transmissions?  Something like toggling hint transmissions off muting all the rambling dialogue after the first time you successfully complete an assassination mission.  You can still get that first time impact and if someone wants to play through again to get the same experience they have the option, or they can just have an irritant-free run for another drop without the lore losing its magic.

26 minutes ago, UnderRevision said:

Also, the being grabbed thing?  Not a fan.  I generally dislike mechanics where the game decides "okay, you lose now" and, unless I'm using an ability that makes me invulnerable, that's what being grabbed is at the moment: an automatic loss of a life.

Last time I was grabbed I pressed 5 and got out of it. It's not a guaranteed death.

unfortunately, the Ropalolyst is the most boring thing i have ever done in this game in my ~6.5 years of playing the game.
all Game Mechanics are disabled. all of them. in the past, anti-fun Enemies have just disabled some Game Mechanics. but now all of them are disabled.

• there are only two Warframes to use for this Mission, and those would be Inaros or Hildryn because they're literally the only useful Warframes, if you were to call that being useful. because literally every other Warframe in the game is useless.
  • not to mention that Players are punished for using Spacekid. ironically since it is a required part of the "fight" too. 
  • significant parts of Parkour are also just removed from the game. since the layout of the Arena Tile simply does not have most of the Terrain features that provides tools for using Parkour.

but hey, it doesn't just spam Magnetic Waves like most other large Enemy content that we've had recently, right? not that it matters because you aren't allowed to use that Energy for anything anyways. maybe one or two others that have passive Damage Reduction like Baruuk could use it for Quick Thinking in that Mission. even though that would be a complete waste of time and basically useless.

visually it looks cool. Gameplay wise it's the worst thing ever in Warframe. (well ,maybe Nervos are still worse - and not sure if Broken Lights are equally worse or slightly above, might just be equal)
for the love of god stop trying to make everything in the game "anti-meta". all it does it make all of the content actually enforce a strict 'meta' because all other tools have simply been removed from the game so there aren't any choices left, despite the game having so many choices and so much variety to choose from. every time you try to make some content "anti-meta", you just make it worse than if you didn't.

on a less negative tone, the riding of the thing is almost passable except that the Cutscene takes too long for what you're doing(feels unnecessarily drawn out) and the actual control of the thing is very.... uninteresting. you just hold W for a few seconds. you don't have to fight against it to force it into a column, or anything like that.

then for neutral, i went into the Mission solo & blind, and figured out what to do in ~60 seconds or less at each stage.
my general train of thought so you have an idea of how i learned what to do from the visual and audio cues given.

Spoiler

• oh, it has Synovias, i know what i'll be doing with those whenever their Health Bar lights up.
    • also seems to have other things at the forehead-ish location, i wonder what those are for.
  • oh, it's invulnerable. is that because of a Weakpoint? no obvious spots that are taking Damage...
  • hmm, these 3 ominous looking electrical things are obviously important. especially since Alad blabbed something about them.
  • oh, the Ropalpalapa did something to the electrical thing when it attacked it. since there's 3 of them i obviously need to do this to all 3 for something important.
    • what was that prompt i saw when i walked past the thing just then? grab or something? well that's obviously part of what i'm supposed to do.
  • oh, it has Void Shields. ok so there's some order that i need to do of shooting it with one mode then the other.
  • hmm, breaking these shields with spacekid isn't letting me shoot it anywhere.
    • do i need to break the shields when it is in a certain location?
    • hmm, no not that.
  • oh, there was that weird prompt again. do i do that now?
  • oh, i'm riding it now. uhhhhhhh..... aha thanks Alad for sometime earlier telling me that collisions with those electrical things would cause bad things to happen. guess i'll crash this thing into one of those.
  • yeah, that was definitely what to do.
  • ok i seem to be going in a circle now....
    • (after a minute or maybe two of looping i noticed the Console on the center Platform, tried pressing it, and it was pretty clear that was something i was supposed to do while it was sitting around stunned or whatnot)
  • ok that's the repeat this one basic thing 3 times completed, so i must be at the end of this.
  • i seem to be looping again. guess i end it with the same Console.
    • yep, i do.
  • man, there is a serious lack of Parkour Terrain here. i guess i'm not supposed to use most Parkour actions and i'm supposed to just hold W along these Ziplines while jumping between some of them. or try to jump to that far off Platform halfway to the Extraction.
    • yeah, i can seem to reach that.
  • well that's annoying. Extraction falls a ways just to make it take longer to exit the Mission. i got to Extraction and had to wait for it to fall to actually be able to leave.

(disclaimer, i don't actually remember at this moment whether hitting the Console is actually needed with each Zelda cycle, and ergo whether i starting looping for a bit right at the end, before that, or both. but i tried to remember what i was thinking/doing at the time)

i also am not really sure how to get out of being grabbed - Spacekid seems to work, kinda, sorta, except i almost always seem to just get grabbed again a second time and then either it works the second time or it lets go of me. trying to use Spacekid also usually causes hell with the Rendering, making the center Platform have Clipping issues temporarily and the Enemy itself going a bit crazy in Animation.

overall i guess i'm glad there's just a few Mods and some Warframe Parts behind this Boss so that i can collect that stuff and then never play this throwaway content again i guess. i won't miss it.

(here's a quick recap - this "Boss" is barely even an Enemy, and being immune to literally all Game Mechanics makes it the least interesting and bland feeling thing i could possibly play in the game. this is Zorah Magdaros levels of disappointing as a Boss(Monster Hunter World), except it's even worse because Zorah Magdaros doesn't disable all Game Mechanics, it just isn't an Enemy at all. but the menial tasks you're given still accept the vast majority of Game Mechanics so it's passable Gameplay wise just incredibly bland.
think about that, a "Boss" from another game that literally isn't even an Enemy, is less unfun and pointless feeling than the Ropalapalapa)

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

The fight feels so awful. So awful. I think failing to get a Wisp chassis after running it for the dozenth time is literally the first and only time I've ever - ever - just Alt-F4'd out of Warframe. I've now attempted it over 20 times, many of which had to be aborted because of gamebreaking bugs that prevented progress.

Random nullifying effects. From what? Not the boss, it isn't looking at me, its over by a battery where my teammates are doing the mechanics as normal. Not other mobs, there aren't any. They died immediately a while ago. Nope, just nullified. And it isn't a standard null because you lose everything. *Even your Operator*. I can't even Void Dash. I can't even transfer back. I literally can't do anything. There is no telegraph for how and why this is. It just happens. There's nothing to learn here, just accept that fate hates you.

Insane damage, literally a 1hk on Iron Skin Rhino, Inaros, and Chroma.

The many, many, many bugs:
- enemy can start cast 1hk missiles while you are in the landing cutscene, so as soon as scene finishes, you are already dead
- enemy can get confused and never laser the battery, just flying around (can kinda reset if the entire team goes back to centre so it resets its pathing, but then the same bug triggered again)
- enemy synoid can reset HP instead of progressing fight when destroyed, stuck in infinite loop (have to abort)
- falling into the map can reset you back to spawn (any time)
- falling into the map can trap you in a reset-cycle (boss or extraction)
- occasionally reset while dashing as operator even while within map bounds (any time)
- destroying a synoid as it picks up a player will trap that player, I couldn't even talk in /team to let my team know. even position resetting from cutscene/progression, could only spin in place
- prompt for grabbing zipline/cable fails (or can be overwritten by nearby Rope, even when not in range), thus causing a fall and potentially triggering earlier bugs

The positive is that I really like the flavour of the mechanics that actually advance the fight. Falling into massive holes in the map over and over is irritating, but they really sell the idea of a giant flying beast, having massive areas of destruction like that. I liked the in-game 'cinematic' of the laser on the walkway. It supports the sense of scale. The use of the giant batteries is good, controlling the Rope is interesting (though I wish there was a stronger indicator, because not an insignificant number of deaths have been trying to respond to a Grab prompt on a Rope that was already grabbed, and getting punted into the void). The phases are communicated reasonably well, some lines don't tell you much but if you're lucky to get the more specific ones that's good. There's some exploration to be done there but between the map, and transmissions, it isn't unreasonable to expect a player to try these things.

Well I mean, except for the massive damage, because if they don't know what they need to do, they'll die before trying to find out. And even if they do know, they'll all compete to do it, confuse the AI, break the boss, and those trying to grab the already-grabbed Rope will be stuck with a reset bug and have to abort.

• Like 1

There are two main mechanical bugs and one design decision that hamper the enjoyment of the fight. 

Bullet jump then jump stops working for no reason

Out of nowhere I've had several instances where after a bullet jump i wouldn't be able to jump again. It's particularly frustrating in the part where you need to reach the perched flydolon. I can't isolate a trigger. It happens, as far as i understand, at random, for apparently no reason. 

Weird delay between entering operator mode and being able to void dash leading to void mode jumping

Normally you can hit 5 and then instantly void dash. In this fight almost every time you try to do so your operator will enter void mode but do no dash, instead doing a standard jump during void mode which afaik should be impossible. Also sometimes void dash stops working, particularly when trying to cross the chasms towards the generators. 

The high damage beams don't have an actual cue

The targeting beams are a very good indication, but imo the beams should be more punishing (as far as instant KO regardless of health/defenses) but have a better cue for when they actually deal damage, which is currently entirely lacking. 

In general the fight is entertaining if a bit on the easy side. It is sorta fine tho considering this is basically a 2nd planetary boss. Might consider raising the HP a bit and having that thing dodge a bit more around, particularly during the shield phase and the sinovia phase. I found the flydolon to be sorta unresponsive to fire. Something akin to manic bombard dodges would make it feel more interesting. 

Props on nailing the evac sequence. That one is #*!%ing amazing. 10/10

This fight needs a bit more "tips" imo,

-Hit it with amp check,

- lure it to beacon ( trial n error but ok) 

- Jump on it to crash it to beacon ( not clear ) 

- crack synova ( we know this by default) 

- press the button ( we struggled cracking her synovas again n again without pressing the button so not clear at all ) 

Also kinda strange that shadow lotus leads us to "Assasinate" the real lotus, RIP immersion if that was ever a concern. 

4 hours ago, _Behemot said:

Giving it a bit more health, means that I can bring a group with me to a fun boss fight. I don't mind a bullet sponge as long as its fun. Keyword here is fun. Ropalolyst is fun, it just doesn't last long at all. A Lowbee can go find a clan or a group to play with to get the full co op experience, solo players are normally most of the time GOD like so it doesn't matter if it has boosted health. If you are past the sacrifice you aren't a lowbee anymore. The Ropalolyst isn't an armored tank. Giving it more health would not hurt the boss fight at all. If you realize that you will need more ammo packs to beat it build it. Its part of the games system, use it. Stop giving them excuses. I have 2 clan member lowbees that I took with me to the boss fight and they was disappointed by how fast it ended and then they logged off cause they didn't care about the rest of the update. DE is focusing too much on the farming aspect not the experience of an awesome fight, lengthy fight, people tend to not care about how long it takes as long as its fun thats why people love their endurance runs, because theres fun in that for people. Same thing with boss fights, bosses should have mechanics yes, but also health. Thats how it is in all video games Final Fantasy, Guild Wars, Maplestory, Mabinogi, Vindictus, Dragon Nest, Megaman, Spyro, literally any game that features a boss, is a damage sponge, but warframe is the opposite, the complete opposite. But I digress. I just find it ironic that time was spent on this boss to look and seem amazing to be so weak health wise. How did Wolf of Saturn 6, a assassin have more health, than a huge sentient node boss thats the lead up to the new war. Mabye I'm just too strong.

Yeah that sounds reasonable enough, just give it a little more HP as long as DE don't go mad with it. ☺️

But remember, this is an assassination target and not meant as an equivalent to Eidolons and such so just maybe double the HP and it's good to go, I personally thought it was fun encounter, more fun than dpsing a dragon leg for 15 minutes in Guild Wars 2. 😄

But that's just my preference.

Cheers

I'm having this thing happen, that I can only conclude to be a bug/unintended, where the boss and extra enemies are loading up attacks before I get out of the back end of the phase change cinematics. Also it seems like the boss is able to fire out two more lasers upon being downed which seems strange as well. The two of these combined usually results in me dieing upon every phase change right as the cinematic ends.

Otherwise I think the fight is kind of cool. Would be nice to skip the cinematics and perhaps find a way to put the lore elsewhere to avoid excessive screen/audio flood?

Edited by Rehero
  • Like 1