Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) New Boss Fight: Ropalolyst Feedback

[DE]Danielle

It's not exactly a bug report, but something I noticed a few times was that in the intro scene where all the warframes are walking onto the platform, the ramp (?) they're walking on pulls away before they've finished making it to the other side. So for a moment, they're walking on air.

https://imgur.com/TahT7pP

TahT7pP.pngEdit: I just wanted to clarify that I took this picture just now for this post. So it's still like this right now.

Edited by sir_deadlock

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee - Ropeadopalyst roundup

- Getting there is half the fun

The tile set rework is beautiful...maybe? It's good that I can basically just ignore the enemies shooting me while using the Lotus' mug for cover but I want to see where I'm going for the parkour sections and be able to appreciate the scenery. Not sure why so much of the screen is obscured but I wish it wasn't, not sure what you were going for here but it's not a good introduction to the new tileset.

Not a huge fan of big open areas with no floors and having to utilize the "magic" box bottom to suck onto wires. Some of the routes are needlessly confusing and unforgiving if you fall down to a lower level.

* Group play - It's nice that only 2 players are needed to trigger the fight (friendship doors). There always seems to be 1 person that's lost and having trouble with the parkour sections.

EDIT: ^ Spoke too soon, all players need to reach platform to start the fight now, glad I'm done...

- Stepping into the ring

Intro cutscene (and cutscenes in general) are a nice addition and the length is just right that I don't mind seeing them each run. I ended up playing with randoms just to enjoy folks fashion frame.

Frame choice doesn't matter much (insert random death from above caveat)...I ended up using Nyx for her deluxe skin and assimilate augment (mostly for the deluxe). 🙂

Bug zapper mechanic isn't too difficult to figure out or too long. 3 zappers feels right, synovia aren't bullet sponges and don't require the operator to remove shields (after using zapper), all good.

Grab mechanic is super flaky. Sometimes grab works from a mile away w/o prompt, other times I've actually landed on the Ropa without being able to grab. Solo/Group doesn't seem to make a difference. When grab fails, the game often likes to spawn you back on the platform to be instantly killed by the Ropa beam before you have a chance to move.

Steering Ropa into zapper is sometimes abrupt and often fiddly depending on it's location relative to the zapper when you grab it (been stuck for a bit inside top of zapper on occasion).

After 2nd or 3rd zapper you are often instantly killed on the platform (death from above?) before you can move?

Final flinch to give you a chance to use the beam to finish the fight after all zappers are destroyed isn't pronounced enough.

* Ropa can also grab you...over and over. One run I was grabbed 3 times in a row. Subsequent grabs occurred so fast that I wasn't given an opportunity to react after being dropped. I've also been grabbed out of the void in operator form, this forces a switch to frame...maybe this one was due to lag? I learned to stay on the outer edge of the ring.

- Leaving the ring

Can getting to the exit be less annoying please? You either have to make really long bullet jumps (which many fail) or take the long, slow, safe way using the wires. Groups almost always end up waiting the full countdown for 1 straggler...there's no reason for this.

- Final thoughts

15 runs so far, it's really good as far as star chart bosses go...but once I get my Wisp systems I'm not going back "for fun" just because the Lotus screen blocker and flaky grab mechanic make an otherwise enjoyable boss irritating.

Edited by (PS4)Elvenbane
update
  • Like 1

Tried it again today. Ran into progress-stopper very first time. The synova's won't blow up upon being 'killed'. The sound effect plays, but the Ropalolsyt just stays there, nothing changes visibly after playing the "downed" animation, and the health of the synova is reset as the Ropalolyst just goes back to the same phase. Can't find any way to progress, again.

Sigh. Disregard. Not sure what's supposed to prompt using the console next, but whatever, was able to progress.

Edited by TheGreenFellow

On 2019-06-13 at 2:52 AM, TheGreenFellow said:

Tried it again today. Ran into progress-stopper very first time. The synova's won't blow up upon being 'killed'. The sound effect plays, but the Ropalolsyt just stays there, nothing changes visibly after playing the "downed" animation, and the health of the synova is reset as the Ropalolyst just goes back to the same phase. Can't find any way to progress, again.

Sigh. Disregard. Not sure what's supposed to prompt using the console next, but whatever, was able to progress.

yeah, I had the same issue as well, there wasn't even any dialogue to hint at it either.

Edited by (XB1)xBLADEPANTHERx

My only issue with the fight is Natah taking up half of the screen when she talks. It's not necessary for her to do that. Shrink her box down to normal size so I can actually see things please.

Other than that the fight is pretty straightforward. Got Wisp's parts in about 6 runs, and I'm missing one of the amalgam mods. I just wish there was more incentive to keep fighting the boss now.

• 3 weeks later...

Its BS that you had to turn off Warframe abilities. Seriously? Cant go into the rift as Limbo and invisibility doesn't work during the boss fight? Players who know the mechanics of the game and their warframes shouldn't be punished for it. This is a game about grinding. You don't like how your own warframes have abilities that make certain situations very easy? Then design your bosses better. Just taking away elements of your own design for a false sense of difficulty for us vets isn't challenging. Its annoying. Very annoying. It stinks of regret on your part for having given us certain abilities. Fix it. Allow us to use invisibility and the rift during the ropa fight. Or just suck up to it and take away those abilities alltogether.  

Can you just ... REMOVE the Lotus transmission after the first run-through of the mission?

It's bad enough she clutters 50% of the screen and I can't see half the enemies shooting at me while traversing to the boss, but the fact that it has to be listened to at full length for every run through makes me feel like I'm watching "Metroid: Other M" cut-scenes all over again ...

Spoiler

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎11 at 4:25 PM, (XB1)Kavriel said:

Shouldn't the Ropalolyst drop an eidolon shard? Is it not an eidolon?

Following the Natah quest, it would make a smooth introduction into eidolon hunts once you looked up where to get more.

Nah, it's a sentient not an eidolon.

• 1 month later...

This week's Nightwave has a task to do 3 assassination missions. So I thought, cool, Ropalolyst is one of the most exciting boss fights, I'll do that 3 times. The first run reminded me why I'd rather go kill Sergeant instead. The Lotus obstructing half the screen feels so uncomfortable, it almost hurts to play this mission. Can she please be moved to the usual communication spot (and size)?