Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black Screen on startup after last hotfix...

M4rmiTe

Yeah, I'm getting the same issue. I am also getting an error msvcp140.dll is not installed. A quick google search reveals it's a program launch file crucial to launching anything pretty much. I'm trying a fix right now to restore the file. I'm not saying it's DE, but I am saying that after the most recent patch, I am getting this error and the same issue.

The fix I am attempting is essentially reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable from Windows which has the file in it. I wouldn't suggest downloading from anywhere else but their official site. Then, I'm running an SFC scan in Command Prompt Admin. Once that finishes, I'll restart and see if it's fixed. The scan takes a while.

Games like Warframe use MSVCP140.dll files to store information for launching the game. It's essentially an external part of the application, and pretty much any program on your computer uses it for storing information. Sometimes the file becomes corrupted and requires a reinstallation. However, given the size of reinstalling all of Warframe, I am hesitant to do that. Hopefully this is a faster work around. If not, I'll probably have to bite the bullet and do a complete removal and reinstallation of the game.

I'll keep y'all update with the results.

Edited by xZeromusx

So yeah, still getting black screen after restart. So now I have to uninstall and reinstall. The SFC scan indicated unidentified corrupted files. Something tells me that the most recent patch corrupted the MSVCP140 file for Warframe. My suggestion for y'all? Reinstall the game as the last resort, or wait for DE to either patch it, or likely just tell you to try reinstalling it as well.

Well, it seems that fullscreen mode solved the issue...

I was already playing in fullscreen mode before the hotfix, dunno why options changed by themselves... btw who cares, now the game works!