Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so hex farm

AnnaCurser

Get a booster and it is fine. You'll easily have enough for the weapons if you're aiming for a gold clan trophy. But the fact we get abysmal amounts as a rotation reward is annoying, it should be something else

Edited by SpiralViper
  • Like 2

You have to remember you need wayyyy less of this resource total compared to other resources as well, in only a few hours I farmed enough to build 2 of every single item that requires Hexenon, there are LOTS of worthwhile things to gripe about in Warframe, specifically dealing with resource grinding, Hexenon is not remotely one of them.

Edited by Sylonus
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Sylonus said:

You have to remember you need wayyyy less of this resource total compared to other resources as well, in only a few hours I farmed enough to build 2 of every single item that requires Hexenon, there are LOTS of worthwhile things to gripe about in Warframe, specifically dealing with resource grinding, Hexenon is not remotely one of them.

you can get about 40 (boosterless) in disruption. 20 in any other jupiter mission, both taking about 10 minutes.
with booster and nekros you can manage to get 200 in the birdfight/bossfight. wich also takes 5-10 minutes.

and Wisp needs 1200 of that.

thats not cool, bro.

Ran three 4000+ point endurance on my Nekros yesterday with drop and resource boosters, two pugs and one clan team. Was not difficult even in the pugs. Now have 3000+ hex. About an hour to hour fifteen minutes total and some of it was for the event rewards anyway. It also drops on other much easier Jupiter tiles, so with only a few things needing it I don't see the issue. Even if one had to run three hours of new Jupiter maps without boosters to get the 2000 or so required to build the new stuff, that doesn't seem at all excessive.

Edited by Buttaface
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sylonus said:

if the resource only exist for those weapons it shouldn't exist. also keep in mind resources get integrated over time.

5 hours ago, DavidCurser said:

with booster and nekros you can manage to get 200 in the birdfight/bossfight. wich also takes 5-10 minutes.

and Wisp needs 1200 of that.

thats not cool, bro.

I actually feel like your estimates are a bit off, but lets go with them.

Flydolon, 7.5 Minutes = 200, which we would math out as:

Wisp = 45 Minutes
Cyanex = 9.37
Komorex = 11.25 Minutes
Fulmin = 13.12 Minutes

For a grand total of 78 Minutes, or 157.5 without a resource booster, what isn't cool about that.... just over an hour of farming for ALL the new items with a booster, or less than 3 hours without, you realize how low that grind is compared to most weapons, it's almost nothing. Why the heck aren't you complaining about mutagen samples or mutagen masses or Nitain, or quite a few other things, this amount of farming feels so light in comparison.

31 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

if the resource only exist for those weapons it shouldn't exist. also keep in mind resources get integrated over time.

I mean, will they? PoE and Orb Vallis resources remain tied to specific content for the most part, there's a very limited amount of things that these resources are needed for, I don't know how much these resources will be tied in and expanded upon, but they'd need to create QUITE a lot of things to make this resource a problem compared to many others, if that day ever came (which I very much doubt) we could revisit this conversation, but I doubt it.

If you want something real to complain about, go complain about the quiet nerf to Hydroid/Nekros/Khora synergy, that single move murdered the farm rate of many resources that are FAR less reasonable to farm.

Edited by Sylonus

6 hours ago, Sylonus said:

For a grand total of 78 Minutes, or 157.5 without a resource booster, what isn't cool about that.... just over an hour of farming for ALL the new items with a booster, or less than 3 hours without, you realize how low that grind is compared to most weapons, it's almost nothing. Why the heck aren't you complaining about mutagen samples or mutagen masses or Nitain, or quite a few other things, this amount of farming feels so light in comparison.

you dont always get the same amount. sometimes its way less.

6 hours ago, Sylonus said:

If you want something real to complain about, go complain about the quiet nerf to Hydroid/Nekros/Khora synergy, that single move murdered the farm rate of many resources that are FAR less reasonable to farm.

Yes. that is stupid too. but thats not what this topic is about

Edited by DavidCurser

why, everytime something new gets into the game, people complain about it the same day...

sure, i agree that adding yet-another-resource to warframe is unnecessary since we sit on mountains of all kind of 'old' resources already that we likely never will have any use for again, but what is the problem with this 'hexenon', at least for now? i had all the stuff together that needs (clan research included) it in just doing the operation for a good highscore about 3 times (first up 4k, then 8k and last one was to 12k mission points). and no, no running booster at all, and not even any loot-frames in use for it - just playing the game, nothing more...

worst thing, one needs a few days at 'casual' playing warframe (e.g. one hour each day) - so what's the big deal?