Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that Nyx has been hotfixed, the communication breakdown needs to be addressed.

(PSN)BenHeisennberg

Nyx has had bugs leading back as  2013. None of them addressed.

• Vulnerability window was added after Absorb Changes long ago with travel time.
  • Pacifying Bolts stun is disabled by any other animation effects like Impact status.
  • Mind Controlled targets will deploy harmful effects to Nyx and her team.

These three bugs have been in the game for literal years and have been documented. With her recent rework they added least one.

• Pacifying Bolts stun duration ends when Chaos duration ends.

I'm sure there's plenty of quirky bugs that have happened since her rework but I've stopped playing her. If you ask me ally damage into Assimilate wasn't even a major bug until DE striped her of most her CC capacity. She didn't need that ability before. IMO if you sat in Assimilate you deserved what happens but now it's mandatory.

12 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Uh no, it made sense in a way, and doesn't strengthen your own. You may want to look up what a strawman fallacy is. Then you may want to clarify who you were responding to, and how you got to "the devs should listen to you (and those others) what needs to be fixed first".

quoting: " A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man." "

and now quoting the OP:

On 2019-05-24 at 4:11 AM, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

I, and a few others, spent months practically begging for a fix.  Multiple feedback threads.  Multiple bug reports across multiple platform forums.  A bug report that was a compilation of all of ours.  Numerous recorded videos showcasing the bug.  The fact that it took months to finally get a response, and only after the second Reddit post to hit the front page, is wrong.

To me, and the other players who helped, this basically told us you read neither the bug report forums nor the feedback forums.  And the bug report forums are where we're specifically told to report all bugs.  And if you don't read them, and it takes a riling of the masses to get a fix, why bother using the bug report forums?  Should we just go straight to Reddit? 

This is not to say not to engage with us on Reddit.  You should, and the response to my post there kept me from giving up on the issue.  But some sort of acknowledgement of the issues listed on the bug report forums, especially when the same bug is reported by multiple people with validating evidence, would help prevent this.  If you can't fix it yet, one of the patches in the meantime should at least acknowledge major bugs that severely impact use of a Warframe, as reported on the bug report forums.

i know language can be a bit fuzzy at times, but this gives me the impression, the OP wanted the devs either acknowledge their request or better yet, had fixed the problem once it was posted in the forum. they think they are being ignored just because no one of the staff wrote in the forum and are annoyed that someone did so in reddit...

the whole thing is rediculous in my opinion - the problem was fixed in the end and it doesn't really matter that it took a bit longer - other 'problems' that are far longer around are still not fixed, mainly because they are not important enough to get a higher priority - or, they aren't really conceived as a problem at all... never forget that it is not us who decide how the game should look like (though we still can impress our displeasure about it by not playing and therefore maybe change the view of those are in 'command').

in any case my argument still stands as it is - but that's not really what the tread was all about, right? so lets leave it at this.

this reminds me of when i reported mesa's melee bug:

first reported nov 2014. never addressed, nothing in patch notes, i kept bringing it up till 2016 but somehow, after some ability reworks, i don't get the bug anymore since i started playing again. still don't know if they fixed it and never bothered to tell us or they accidentally fixed it and never even knew what happened.

in other words, just do what you feel is right i.e. report bugs and potential workarounds, and then leave DE to do whatever they want. there's no point getting mad and starting fights if DE don't want to communicate or engage with us losers plebs who are not partners/youtubers/revenue generators. wf is such a big and complicated game now that it's really difficult keeping track of everything, even for the devs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

so basically you say that the devs should listen to you (and those others) what needs to be fixed first and what not? well, i guess you should buy DE off and then tell them directly when you are the boss there...

in any case, i would trust them to know best how to prioritize their workload - and don't think everyone in the development only does bugfixing of whatever bug there is known. they likely have many devisions and sub-devisions that all do different things, and all of them with their own little 'to-do-list'.

Well when the bug was gameplay breaking yeah I think those kind of bugs should be prioritized over cosmetic bug fixes. We got a cosmetic bug fix for psychic bolts before we got a fix for assimilate, now you tell me, is that ok with you? If lets say iron skin was broken and teammates could shoot rhino and he could lose his iron skin, but instead of fixing that, they fixed a cosmetic issue, would that be ok with you? lets be reasonable here.

4 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

If lets say iron skin was broken and teammates could shoot rhino and he could lose his iron skin, but instead of fixing that, they fixed a cosmetic issue, would that be ok with you?

Everyone knows that Fashion Frame > Everything Else /s

Kinda funny how not too long ago DE took 3 updates to get Mesa Prime's butt just right for players. That should tell you something right there...

4 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

lets be reasonable here.

That would be nice, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

Well when the bug was gameplay breaking yeah I think those kind of bugs should be prioritized over cosmetic bug fixes. We got a cosmetic bug fix for psychic bolts before we got a fix for assimilate, now you tell me, is that ok with you? If lets say iron skin was broken and teammates could shoot rhino and he could lose his iron skin, but instead of fixing that, they fixed a cosmetic issue, would that be ok with you? lets be reasonable here.

you must know by now that there are several teams working on different things and i doubt that those who do the cosmetics are the same that work on frames or the fixing of them in case of bugs... well, be reasonable and think for a moment and then decide not to creat chaos in the whole development & maintenance by throwing everyones workplan into disarray. seriously, people have some strange imaginations how the work in business is done - that goes for software development too. i'm pretty sure there are a bit more than a handfull of people working at DE and warframe and also that they are not in the habit of rotating through different sections - IF it's not an emergency and IF they even have the necessary qualification to, e.g. switch from design to bug-fixing.

On 2019-05-25 at 10:49 AM, fr4gb4ll said:

the whole thing is rediculous in my opinion - the problem was fixed in the end and it doesn't really matter that it took a bit longer

Sweet.  Lets have Vex Armor stop working for four months and see what people think of it when a more popular Warframe gets a massive bug.