Ceanmunt

What is with the current notion of entitlement?

I admit, I gain some rep for being entitled about the state of the game around here. The only things I want fixed in the game is enemy scaling and all frames to have good reworks. But people would give me S#&$ for that. So I get louder and angrier right back. It's HARD enough de doesn't really read feedback too often. 

58 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIP *ahhh* 

Quake, now THAT was a REAL shooter.

Hardly played quake but do know of it thanks to gaming on team fortress 2. Even played a bit of half life1 deathmatch. God, I miss my teen years sometimes.

13 hours ago, 40PE said:

Generational difference.

Us, older players got used to earn our stuff with work.

Millenials Got much shorter focus time, they loose interest abd focus pretty quick. They have hard time connecting emotionally as well.

Unfortunately they are the main source of income for D.E. otherwise the game wouldn't cater for these easier and shorter mechanics.

Same goes for all other game, I experience the same on WoW too.

So much boomer cringe. Not all millenials think alike mate. Also isn't this game mainly played by millenials anyways. I don't mind the grind in warframe. If I did, I would of not came back. I've played games like dark souls,mabinogi  and borderlands before playing warframe exclusively. I don't mind slowing down and  taking time for my characters to progress. Maybe if you boomers stop being so closed minded. People would not be so annoyed by comments of yours. 

• Applause 5
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

So much boomer cringe. Not all millenials think alike mate. Also isn't this game mainly played by millenials anyways. I don't mind the grind in warframe. If I did, I would of not came back. I've played games like dark souls,mabinogi  and borderlands before playing warframe exclusively. I don't mind slowing down and  taking time for my characters to progress. Maybe if you boomers stop being so closed minded. People would not be so annoyed by comments of yours. 

It's not like anyone takes them seriously anymore anyways. They're hopelessly out of touch.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it's less a generational thing but more of an increased volume of players thing. Entitled mass meets rationalizing mass meets the old and young. Admittedly, the only whining a hate the most is the "DE doesn't listen" posts. They're world famous in the industry for listening. To whom should they cater to and when?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

x-files scully GIF

LOL Thinking the whiners in question have no idea who this is 🤣

Well-played, sir.

Edited by FierceRadiance
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

No they don't. All you are saying here is "I dont know how looter games work"

Also you're entitled and negative to everything in every thread I open, why would anyone value your oppinion at this point is beyond me.

LoL... you just got luckier with Drops than the rest if us did... which just reinforces my point....

You don't have to like it but thats just how the cookie Crumbles...

14 hours ago, Ceanmunt said:

The effort IS the RNG. 

And thats where I stopped Reading. 

This is obviously stupid and still doesn't address the issue of some people just not getting lucky for no reason. 

Anyway....its not like it matters. The drop Chances are getting worse, The methods of aquiring loot is getting worse (see the recent Loot Stacking nerf) and theres still alternate to the RNG.... This game is cancer....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Anyway....its not like it matters. The drop Chances are getting worse, The methods of aquiring loot is getting worse (see the recent Loot Stacking nerf) and theres still alternate to the RNG.... This game is cancer....

ok ive seen you pretty much everywhere ive been on the forums for the past few weeks and i have 2 questions 

1: why do you use ... so much? it makes me think your stopping to breath between parts of your sentences 

2: if the game is cancer then why are you on its forums and why do you play the game? you could just well leave no one is stopping you 

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, seprent said:

1: why do you use ... so much? it makes me think your stopping to breath between parts of your sentences

Starting Doing it a few years ago.... never really stopped.... and now you're making me self conscious about it. 😞

3 minutes ago, seprent said:

2: if the game is cancer then why are you on its forums and why do you play the game? you could just well leave no one is stopping you

Some parts I like.... some parts I don't.... its really that simple.... I keep playing for the parts I like and I *@##$ about the parts I don't.

Just now, Lutesque said:

Starting Doing it a few years ago.... never really stopped.... and now you're making me self conscious about it. 😞

didn't mean to do that just really wondered about it since i first noticed then built nerve to actually ask about it 

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Some parts I like.... some parts I don't.... its really that simple.... I keep playing for the parts I like and I *@##$ about the parts I don't.

granted and i got to the "negative" parts of the forums for entertainment and flaming yours in turn with your "Speaking" patterns always just struck me as idk sad like you need a hug maybe a cookie 

currently the only problem im having with the game is wisp playing as or near blinds me with sol making the game really dark same goes for the glaxion (Freeze ray vandal) if im too close to the enemy im shooting while i understand being abit blind trying to aim the fecking sun portal of doom might blind you but the freeze ray and it together about 40% of the mission for me is darker then if i just turned off my monitor and played like that

51 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

LoL... you just got luckier with Drops than the rest if us did... which just reinforces my point....

You don't have to like it but thats just how the cookie Crumbles...

And thats where I stopped Reading. 

This is obviously stupid and still doesn't address the issue of some people just not getting lucky for no reason. 

Dude, you have no idea. You and a lot of the posters have no clue what grinding is.

Let me reiterate... 2% is HUGE. Yes, I said it... even 1% is large! We're talking on the order of hundreds of runs. Completely attainable within weeks to months!

You want to complain about drop rates? Only the Ephemera farmers have grounds to complain... Diablo 3 Primals ... 0.25% drop rate. They are the best grade of weapons in Diablo 3. You and others complain about 2%? And DE gives you reactant to pump up to 10% in relics? Are you nuts? This game makes D3 (which is already very easy!), look like impossible with respect to grinding. You have absolutely no realistic perspective. Weeks to months is nothing. Primals? On the order of thousands upon thousands of legendary drops and you complain about the order of hundreds. I said it on the D3 forum... A D3 player will destroy this game. Farming this game is a joke to a D3 player.

Kuva? Seriously? You complain about Kuva? You need 5 sets of 5 distinct types of crafting materials and 50 forgotten souls to do a single legendary re-roll in Kanai's cube in D3. A total of 25 bounty quests earns you 3 legendary re-rolls... but you need to salvage 150 legendaries to actually cash in on those 3 re-rolls (that's like 150 Orokin cells in Warframe speak). Are you kidding me!? You just do some Kuva siphon or whatever with boosters and Kavats and all that stuff ... and you complain? I am always amused to read these complaints! You have no idea how good you have it!

The whambulance is out in force. 2% is too SMALL! Oh man, I only have to run it like 50 times...waa, waa!! Let me refine the relic so it's 10%! Waa, too small! Waa! And I can target my drops with relics and specific bosses. Waa! Waa! Even though in D3, there's almost no target farming.. everyone can drop everything (and there's no trading or p2w... all bind on account)! Waa! I have it so good! I don't have to spend 15 hours a day or runs bots to keep up like in D3! Waa!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Ceanmunt said:

What is with this?

Simple.

"Time is money," and "My time is worth more than yours, so do what I want to make me happy."

Frankly the only thing wish DE would do, and it would make me very happy, would be to just change the description, just the description, of the degradation of kavats and kubros.   The description and item names line up perfectly with "cancer", and given my very loving cat is battling lymphoma....  it hits hard.  If they'd just rename the items and the description to e something like "nutritious food", I'd be absolutely fine with that as they need to eat also.  I've got no issue with the mechanic presented, and it would feel a lot better than saying your loving guard animal is dying due to cancer.

I'm hoping something shifts with the pet 2.0 stuff assuming that isn't done because it doesn't feel done to me yet.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Ceanmunt said:

Trying to understand the current element of entitlement people feel they deserve. Combing through Reddit, i usually do this for mechanics discussions and such, Warframe's Reddit is unfortunately just filled with thread after thread of people complaining and whinging over the most basic of things. Currently we are on the "game is unplayable because Hydroid/Khora/Nekros don't stack now". Before this we had threads of how drop chances should all be raised to 5-10% minimums, how items should be easier to get, frames easier to get, Nightwave easier to complete.

What is with this? How does being handed everything in game give you satisfaction or make a game more playable to you? Why is it you can't be arsed to work for the rewards? Why do you feel entitled to get something, because someone else got it? This new resource is a good start, people want more of it straight away. It should drop more frequently, the rewards of it in between rounds should be doubled/tripled/quadrupled etc etc. Why? I needed to build Wisp, so what did i do? I played the game for 30-45 minutes and already had enough materials for her. Now while i'm researching the weapons i reckon i'll get enough resources to build that. Without any numbers being raised. Why is that so hard?

How far do we need to go before the game just gives you every item when you log in now? Why must we take what little challenge we get and remove it. 60 minute Survival is another good example. Why should that change? Because some people can't/won't do it? Now it's 30 minutes for next season. Could probably solo that now. But yeah, those people can now get everything, isn't that awesome?

Just not seeing why we are listening or even still, caving into these people that continuously want everything made easier or just given to them.

/end rant.

I do not mean to be rude seeing as you claim to be older than I, but this has to be put out there.

Perhaps if people like you stop confusing hard-work with unimaginative grind that disrespects the player's time, we can incentivise the devs to improve this game. Because when you guys come on here or go on reddit to defend obvious time-wasting mechanics, I wonder whether you know what hard work or skill really is; or how you have so much time that you are unable to see that your time is being wasted. Video games may be challenging, but non-e-sport gaming (especially Warframe) is not hard work. Learning which button to press and when to press them requires some common sense, but this is not skill. Even if Warframe was hard work or skill intensive, RNG systems do not reward hard work or skill.

Examples: Aura forma drop chance. I do not mind playing arbitration to accumulate Vitus Essence with which to purchase reasonably priced Aura blueprints. That way, I set a goal and work towards it. Instead, DE decides to implement a 1.5-2.5% drop chance in a single game mode and they expect us to play this single game mode continuously or repeatedly. Then, they add a ridiculous time-sink (96hrs forma building). Resource farming also adopts this mechanic. How is this productive use of your time?

For me, the problem with 60 min long nightwave missions was not the difficulty (with the right builds and squad, it was a cake walk). My issue was the chance of wasting an hour of one's life due to things as uncontrollable as player error, network problems (no dedicated servers, latency), hardware problems, software crashes, sudden real life commitments, etc. I am sure different players have their gripes. We all play together, so DE trying to accommodate as much as their player-base as possible (without fundamentally altering the game) should be encouraged.

I am one of those 'loathed entitled millennials' that happens to enjoy this game (€400+ & 4,000+ hrs over a period of 4yrs, half of that time afk). I am also a medical student with a part-time job. I have my plate full. When a video game (which is supposed to be a stimulating &/or relaxing experience) becomes like a 2nd part-time job, there is a problem with the game design. Unlike jobs which are productive (wages, advancing a cause or project), video game rewards are not tangible; this is compounded by the devs gating said reward behind an inane RNG system and time-sinks.

Warframe has a wonderful community (I played Eve Online for years), but these rants about entitlement are getting too frequent. If you like 60min survival missions so much, how about you go play them and leave those that don't like them to play the game how they like. The rate of my resource gathering has no bearing on your gameplay, why do you care about my requests for improved drop rates. If you feel 24-72 hours are appropriate times to build items, then build one every 24-72 hours.

I have an on/off relationship with warframe. Call it maturity, enlightenment or frustration but I am beginning to see how much time I invest into this game. And how much of said time is being intentionally wasted by the devs' design. Recently, I have begun to wonder why I keep coming back. I believe the only reason I still play Warframe is because I enjoy the movement and the variety of the tools (warframes, weapons and abilities); if I find an alternative game with a 'less disrespectful' gameplay-reward loop, I would drop this game and all the progress I have made without a second thought. Because of these realizations, I have started capping the time spent on this game. I aim to stop altogether at some point. Life is complicated for the average adult, I play video games for the escape; when this escape becomes as tedious as certain real life activities from which I seek escape, then something is wrong.

Edited by 0n3ty1
Corrected errors, font edits
  • Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, 0n3ty1 said:

I do not mean to be rude seeing as you claim to be older than I, but this has to be put out there.

Perhaps if people like you stop confusing hard-work with unimaginative grind that disrespects the player's time, we can incentivise the devs to improve this game. Because when you guys come on here or go on reddit to defend obvious time-wasting mechanics, I wonder whether you know what hard work or skill really is; or how you have so much time that you are unable to see that your time is being wasted. Video games may be challenging, but non-e-sport gaming (especially Warframe) is not hard work. Learning which button to press and when to press them requires some common sense, but this is not skill. Even if Warframe was hard work or skill intensive, RNG systems do not reward hard work or skill.

Examples: Aura forma drop chance. I do not mind playing arbitration to accumulate Vitus Essence with which to purchase reasonably priced Aura blueprints. That way, I set a goal and work towards it. Instead, DE decides to implement a 1.5-2.5% drop chance in a single game mode and expect us to play this single game mode continuously or repeatedly. Then they add a ridiculous time-sink (96hr forma building). Resource farming also adopts this mechanic. How is this productive use of your time?

For me the problem with 60 min long nightwave missions was not the difficulty (with the right builds and squad, it was a cake walk). My issue was the chance of wasting an hour of one's life due to things as uncontrollable as player error, network problems (no dedicated servers, latency), hardware problems, software crashes, sudden real life commitments, etc. I am sure different players have their gripes. We all play together, so DE trying to accommodate as much as their player-base as possible (without fundamentally altering the game) should be encouraged.

I am one of those 'loathful entitled millennials' that happens to enjoy this game (€400+ & 4,000+ hrs over a period of 4yrs, half of that time afk). I am also a medical student with a part-time job. I have my plate full. When a video game (which is supposed to be a stimulating &/or relaxing experience) becomes like a 2nd part-time job, then there is a problem with the game design. Unlike jobs which are productive (wages, advancing a cause or project), video game rewards are not tangible; then the devs proceed to gate said reward behind an inane RNG system and time-sinks.

Warframe has a wonderful community (I played Eve Online for years), but these rants about entitlement are getting too frequent. If you like 60min survival missions so much, how about you go play them and leave those that don't like them to play the game how they like. The rate of my resource gathering has no bearing on your gameplay, why do you care about my requests for improved drop rates. If you feel 24-72 hours are appropriate times to build items, then build one every 24-72 hours.

I have had an on/off relationship with warframe. Call it maturity, enlightenment or frustration but I am beginning to see how much of my time is invested into this game. And how much of said time is being intentionally wasted by the devs' design. Recently, I have begun to wonder why I keep coming back. I believe the only reason I still play Warframe is because I enjoy the movement and the variety of the tools (warframes, weapons and abilities); if I find an alternative game with a 'less disrespectful' gameplay-reward loop, I would drop this game and all the progress I have made without a second thought. Because of these realizations, I have started capping the time spent on this game. I aim to stop altogether at some point. Life is complicated for the average adult, I play video games for the escape; when this escape becomes as tedious as certain real life activities from which I seek escape, then something is wrong.

I'm interested to know how you spend your time and what you try to aim for when you are playing. Like, do you see an Aura Forma and want that so you grind Arbitrations non-stop until you get one? The game is RNG, that is how it's designed and what it's main grab is for consistent players. Tell me also, would you be happier if say, i just sent you every Frame/Weapon/Mod/Drop in game today? Would that improve your experience to have everything available? 

60 minute missions we're a challenge and it was proven by how many people couldn't do them and complained about them. They do get challenging after the 30-40 minute mark for most people. Although i side with you here, nothing is too hard in Warframe and i have setups myself to easily handle most if not all situations. The most challenging i've had recently was pushing the 4000 mark in the new game mode, that was fun 🙂

But yeah, i would like to know how/what you play when you do login. I can have an idea of what i want, a frame, a weapon, a drop etc, and manage to enjoy myself while trying to get it, even if it is a 2% drop and i haven't gotten it in 2 months of playing. I still fail to see how, if the game just gave me it after 10 runs, that would make me happier. There is some joy still to roll those dice and get what you want, yes it does get you down if you can't get the one thing you are obsessed over at the current time, but that's why you aim for multiple goals and spread your time around. Help out new people to take a break, works for me.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have a message from a friend sitting next to me, I told her to say anything as long as it doesn't insult people or swear:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe all of this comes down to personal taste, some like to make things more drawn out than others, which is fine, both ways are fine. However, I find your attitude to players who want a different way of things being done than your way to be truly unfortunate, because new players are the future. I also like things to be quick, I also have farmed everything I have for years, like you, and I understand your opinions. I also don't agree with you, I don't find these people who complain to be so entitled. I mean in similar ways we are all entitled in we have spoken in this thread about this. We are entitled, as they are, to our opinions. I think it is fine for that to happen. I do not see them as lazy, I see them as trying to find opportunity for achievement of time management. That is my personal opinion of which I am entitled to.

That doesn't even mention the many people who have jobs and work for their livelihoods. Lazy? For wanting things faster in a game, for speaking for a desire? Bah. If anything, the lazy one is the person sitting at home all day playing games, not having a job or doing work for a study or practice, and wasting their lives. That is lazy and entitled in its worst form as far as gamers go. Playing a game is a free time activity, it isn't work, it isn't helping our world in any way other than pleasure. Entitlement, isn't a word that you can throw around a game forum easily, for you seem pretty entitled, like most of us, to be able to play the game in the first place. These too are just my personal opinions of which I am entitled to.

Thank you for opening this quaint discussion, I had a lovely time expressing my opinions. I will leave you all to your wishes now and good luck in your next games. Its always a pleasure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what I think about all of this, I don't see anything wrong with wanting things faster. Like farming frames, it sucks and is boring if you've got bad luck like me. Why RNG for time spent in a game when you could have actual content to cover time? Why can't they all have their own stories? And somethings are really annoying to get a hold of like tellurium, nitian extracts, orokin cell (sorta), etc.. Like couldn't there be a way to get these that made more sense? Why is RNG the only way this is fun for you?

If you have a response to my friend, sorry she's checked out of caring after she typed it up. But I wanna know the answer to this question. ^

Edited by RaDiaFox
  • Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ceanmunt said:

I'm interested to know how you spend your time and what you try to aim for when you are playing. Like, do you see an Aura Forma and want that so you grind Arbitrations non-stop until you get one? The game is RNG, that is how it's designed and what it's main grab is for consistent players. Tell me also, would you be happier if say, i just sent you every Frame/Weapon/Mod/Drop in game today? Would that improve your experience to have everything available? 

60 minute missions we're a challenge and it was proven by how many people couldn't do them and complained about them. They do get challenging after the 30-40 minute mark for most people. Although i side with you here, nothing is too hard in Warframe and i have setups myself to easily handle most if not all situations. The most challenging i've had recently was pushing the 4000 mark in the new game mode, that was fun 🙂

But yeah, i would like to know how/what you play when you do login. I can have an idea of what i want, a frame, a weapon, a drop etc, and manage to enjoy myself while trying to get it, even if it is a 2% drop and i haven't gotten it in 2 months of playing. I still fail to see how, if the game just gave me it after 10 runs, that would make me happier. There is some joy still to roll those dice and get what you want, yes it does get you down if you can't get the one thing you are obsessed over at the current time, but that's why you aim for multiple goals and spread your time around. Help out new people to take a break, works for me.

I did not ask for every Frame/Weapon/Mod/Drop to be sent to me. There is a difference between free stuff, 100% drop chance, and improved drop chances (anything that is not a slap in the face like 1.5%). If DE does not want to alter the drop chance, then perhaps they should create an alternate means for acquiring items. I just bought (player trades) the Lato & Braton Vandal this week. After having played ESO for months. I can only get an Aura Forma blueprint from arbitrations. I am ambivalent about arbitration, but there are players that detest the game mode; why pigeonhole them into this single game mode compounded by an abysmal chance of acquiring the item they are grinding for.

Using the aura forma example again, let me suggest an alternate solution -

Aura forma is still part of the drop table, but also purchasable with vitus essence or tradable between players. That way, if I don't get it after repeated arbitration runs, I can get it from the Arbitration store (after having accumulated vitus essence through repeated attempts at a rotation drop) or from other players. Players that want to try their luck with RNG can keep doing arbitrations, the rest can get it by other means - this way, you can run arbitrations as frequently or as long as you want & I can get an aura forma after 20+ failed attempts. This is not handing anyone free stuff, it is just understanding different people want different things from the game and catering to their needs - smart game design.

Your liking RNG does not make you a hardcore player, and my not liking RNG does not make me a casual player. I am a casual player because I do not let other peoples' gameplay affect mine. Funny thing about RNG, you could get what you want after a single run. Does that mean you were unhappy every time you got something after a single run, since (from what you wrote) getting it after only 10 runs feels like it is not earned?

Just to be clear, I have everything I want in this game (frames, weapons, resources, ducats, plat, aura forma etc.) after playing for as long as I have, still, I empathize with people (especially newer players) that feel the system is flawed, because it is. Players like yourself (vets; bitter or otherwise, people that like RNG, DE apologists, trolls, the list is exhaustive...) go on & on about entitlement with respect to a Video Game every time these issues are brought up; even though the requested changes have no bearing whatsoever on your gameplay. On the contrary, a loud enough raucous will incentivise the devs to change this stale mechanic and shake things up a bit - be more creative.

If every new player received every Frame/Weapon/Mod/Drop how exactly would it affect you? The worst case scenario is a noob shows up in a high level mission unprepared. As a veteran, I carry the player (if possible) and point him her to the wiki/youtube guides. The game & community are richer for it.

As for my play time, I am trying to wean myself of Warframe. I log on for sorties &/or syndicate missions, optimize my builds, try them out. I used to play for 3+ hours daily, now I have capped it at 2 and I am working on pushing it lower. I don't even bother pursuing stuff with ridiculous drop chances, I buy the ones I can and DE can go to **** with the rest.

NB

I am not calling you any names. Please do not feel insulted, this is not my intention. I just listed types of players that talk about entitlement. You seem like an 'otherwise vet'😃

Edited by 0n3ty1
added NB
  • Applause 3

Is there any reason the game should have outrageous levels of work to put in when there's no PvP aspect or "world's first" aspect? There's no competition with other players and all the 'excessive' work does is create plat farmers for people with full time jobs. Some things are more reasonable than others but at the same time should it really take 10+ hours to achieve what 10 plat can do? Should it really be at drop chances from random mobs at .15%? I get that people "should just play the game" but if you can only truly dedicate a combined total of 2 hours or so a day a grind that goes on for 20+ hours becomes more of a chore and begs the user to dump money into the game.

For example, I went off to farm out a ballistica prime and the rare blueprint took me about two weeks to get that darn blueprint. I went through 14 or so relics, each of which pushed to radiant. It's a very long process. Now of course the ballistica prime blueprint is 15 or so plat on .market. Should I really have to spend two weeks or so ingame time to complete what 1$ USD does? It's just a ridiculous conversion that two weeks is a whole dollar.

IT should be at least somewhat reasonable. In some cases, it just feels obtuse. Like the game is taunting saying "Look at this gross level of time you spent to get this."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1

On 2019-05-25 at 6:03 AM, Ced23Ric said:

Go back to Lineage II. No, really, go the heck away with trash opinions like that. If you are deluding yourself that a 2% drop chance is anything but pure RNG and luck you're off your rocker. You're like a labrat trained to push a button to receive food, pressing the button even when it gets shocked, hoping for food to arrive. The very essence of a Skinner-Box experiment, the inversion and manipulation of input-output correlation. How can someone be so broken and Stockholm-syndrome'd? Man, I worry about you.

You take three weeks to get [thing].

I get it on my second run.

How was your time, in any way, shape, or form well invested? How was your time, in any way, shape, or form equivalent to the output when I got it in a fraction of it? You're not a "hard worker", you're a gullible sucker chasing the carrot he virtually never reaches. Low drop rates aren't about effort and work, they're gruelingunfair, abuse of human inability to understand probabilities. 2% doesn't mean you get it in 50 runs. 2% means you have a chance of 2% to get it per run, with an expected average of 50 runs. That also means that for everyone that gets it right away, there'll be someone who never gets it. For everyone that gets it after 10 runs, there'll be someone that would get it after 600 runs.

How is any of that respecting your time and effort? How is any of that skilled or rewarding?

This is a grinding game. Don't like grinding? Don't play grinding games! But in terms of grinding games, 2% really is HUGE. Warframe is quite tame with regard to grinding. You have it good for the most part.

With regard to everything else you wrote, I would like to remind you that this is a video game. And it honestly sounds like you don't like this genre of video game. You are complaining about something that is core to any grinding game (RNG/slot machine aspect) and throwing in words/phrases, especially with regard to video games, like "hard worker", "time invested", "grueling, unfair" and "respect your time and effort" ... And those last ones are even bolded! I am really quite amused! I certainly don't share your frustrations or even your perspective... in fact, coming from Diablo 3, I think Warframe is much easier to grind!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

On 2019-05-24 at 2:09 AM, Ceanmunt said:

THE FORUMS is unfortunately just filled with thread after thread of people complaining and whinging over the most basic of things.

ftfy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seprent said:

granted and i got to the "negative" parts of the forums for entertainment and flaming yours in turn with your "Speaking" patterns always just struck me as idk sad like you need a hug maybe a cookie 

I DO !!!!  I really really would like both those things.... actually if I could get a hug from a Giant Cookie right before I immediately Take a Bite out of it then I wpuld die happy...

7 hours ago, nslay said:

???

So you're argument is essentially: "Its not so bad because other games are worse" ?

Okay fine... here's my counter argument... Its bad because other games are better....

See how pointless this whole thing was ? 

Try Again...

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Entitlement is a buzzword created by marketing people in damage control mode over disappointing games . The shifting of blame from themselves and developers to the customers started back around the point where EA acquired the Star Wars license, and then proceeded to release a stripped-down hollow version of a title that had already had two previous quality installments, charge the same price for it, and be surprised when there was negative feedback about this move.

Customers have these things inside their bodies called 'expectations", which they get from what they have been told about the promised product.   Marketing is usually responsible for making all the promises about the product, and when the developers fail to meet the expectations set by the marketing department, and the customers express their displeasure with the finished product - suddenly they are entitled man babies who need to grow up and stop being upset that they were defrauded of $60.

Luckily, Warframe has very low entitlement - players see a free-to-play title and install it with 0 expectations, and then they are amazed by what DE puts out for free.  Even after years of play, the most common "Gimmie thing!" style complaint i see comes from people who have seen Thing on the Devstream, which is a clear indication that DE is working on Thing right now.  Yes, there are people who are impatient, there are even people who sometimes get upset, think DE did Thing wrong, but overall, we're very happy with the state of Thing.  We anticipate Thing, with optimism born of past experiences with Thing, and we trust DE to make another Thing that lives up to the quality standards DE has established.  Nobody is standing between us and DE, telling us that "You don't want Thing, you want Other Thing.  Trust us, we Know Better".  no one is claiming "People who want Thing are just horrible bad wrong people".  No one of significance, at least.  We instead have a weekly prime time and twice monthly Devstream, where we get to hear from the developers themselves "Yes, we know people liked Thing - but we had to do Unpopular Action to it because Reason."

Now, this does wonders for keeping 'entitlement' in Warframe astonishingly low.  Compare to Anthem's failed attempt at their own Devstream.  The entire audience wanted to talk about Loot, especially how little of it there was and how badly it was implemented, and the developers came straight out and said "we don;'t want to talk about Loot.  We want to talk about Level Design.  Because we like our Level Design"

I suppose my summary could be "Bad Marketing creates unhappy customers, then marketing ascribes a negative term to them in order to protect their own reputation. DE does not have these problems."

Edited by MythicPulse
forgot a set of quotation marks around 'entitlement'. It's not a real thing.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jeez those entitled players, it's almost like they actually want to play the game instead of brainless grinding for resources, how dare they desire such thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nslay said:

This is a grinding game. Don't like grinding? Don't play grinding games! But in terms of grinding games, 2% really is HUGE. Warframe is quite tame with regard to grinding. You have it good for the most part.

With regard to everything else you wrote, I would like to remind you that this is a video game. And it honestly sounds like you don't like this genre of video game. You are complaining about something that is core to any grinding game (RNG/slot machine aspect) and throwing in words/phrases, especially with regard to video games, like "hard worker", "time invested", "grueling, unfair" and "respect your time and effort" ... And those last ones are even bolded! I am really quite amused! I certainly don't share your frustrations or even your perspective... in fact, coming from Diablo 3, I think Warframe is much easier to grind!

If you are talking about pre-RoS Diablo 3, then I give you the point there, but if you are talking about Diablo 3 in its current state, then you are doing something very wrong. Also comparing a 0.25% Primal drop chance to a 1.5-2% aura forma or to a 1% pure cosmetic item is kind of stupid. And btw, people know if they can't reach GR70 solo, they shouldn't even expect a Primal Ancient drop (that you actually need only for pushing the leaderboards, but for t13 you won't ever need a primal). You are comparing an ancient legendary item with max roll on each stat to a forma that has some impact and to a cosmetic that has zero impact on your frame. Diablo 3 in its current state is 1000x more newbie friendly and easier to farm literally anything than in Warframe, so even Diablo 3 is a joke to its former self, like warframe is compared to what it once was before. So just a friendly advice, if you come up with an example, then come up with a good one.

Have a nice day!

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Because people want to actually play the game and not just be forced into playing a loot frame all the time in new conent to get a reasonable amount of resource drops.

Before you could make a farm team, get the amount you need and move on to actually play the game.

There is a difference between working for your rewards and doing mindless chores.

Also 45 minutes for getting all wisp resources is only possible if you bought boosters. If you don't have those it takes at least 2-3 hours of farming to get enough resources for her. Not including bad RNG rolls on farming parts from boss.

Edited by ChaosSabre
  • Like 1