Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Scanner--Melee Bug?

apdjz

Before the update using a scanner if you melee attacked but then left clicked it would go back to that item but now it defaults back to your weapon. Is this on purpose? It was frustrating enough to get kavat genes 😞

Heya

Confirming a change to previous behaviour.

Switching from Primary to Scanner, using Melee for Stealthy or non-Stealthy kills can result in switching back to the Primary weapon.

Most likely to occur after non-Stealthy kills with Melee, but also sometimes after Stealthy kills as well.  Consequently intermittent.

Discovered and tested during Simaris Rep farming in Adaro on Sedna.

To Recreate:

Stealthy 'frame / Primary Weapon / Melee Weapon / Scanner

Switch from primary to scanner.

Scan down target

Melee kill target

Check whether right-click aim results in scan or shot

Rinse / repeat as required

13 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

It seems even worse as a bug when you are running a primary only mission...switch to scanner and BAM you can't get your primary back. Even death does not fix it. Just have to hope your squad finishes mission for you.

If you use quick wheel to select scanner again you'll get your weapon back.

This bug makes simaris rep farming so unbelievably annoying, maybe they did it intentionally for that reason 🤔

• Like 1

On 2019-05-27 at 12:40 PM, Deevy said:

This bug makes simaris rep farming so unbelievably annoying, maybe they did it intentionally for that reason 🤔

I cannot imagine DE risking the ire of Cephalon Simaris.  However, yes, this has caused me to start kicking my dog out of frustration.  Poor thing, she's a good dog too.  She just doesn't understand how frustrating this bug is for the true disciples of Simaris.

For example, as I'm doing the daily scans, I like to be really quiet, and get stealth scans of every enemy along the way.  Those are some juicy points.  So I'll scan, bleed em quietly with my melee, and then scan another.  It makes a game out of work.  Any poor fool can run roughshod through a map, make a capture, and then scan a target.   But, to quietly stealth scan all the mobs and then stealth kill them --- well, that's just good wholesome violence everyone can enjoy.

So i'm gladly looking forward to the day when this bug is fixed and I can resume my stealth scan sessions at the high operational efficiency Cephalon Simaris demands.  We ALL know how Uncle Simaris (he told me to call him that), we all know how much he demands efficiency.  😉

(I think I've sufficiently rambled on enough to add another another post to this bug report in hopes it gets attention...)

Edited by beaker_redux
  • Like 1

Getting onboard with this...
I do this with my other dailys and this bug makes it 300% more annoying.

Also, this bug seems to be re-introduced on a regular basis after major updates... Can we get a permanent solution, or have it on patch team's radar for future updates?

I keep hoping this will get fixed with every hotfix, but 7 hotfixes after the Jovian accord it is still overlooked/ignored.

Edited by Deridious

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still not fixed.

Additionally, if your secondary is equipped when you switch to the scanner, unequipping the scanner by selecting it again will switch you back to your primary instead of your secondary.

can confirm this issue is still plaguing me, not being able to scan melee scan is absolutely infurating. trying to do reputation with simaris is so tedious now, 

a related issue i have is since these changes, if i have my secondary out ( i use a vaykor marelok as my main weapon) and i pick up a data mass/module, and put it in the objective or drop it, it always forces out my primary, which i do not want at ALL. 

having to constantly switch back to my pistol is annoying but having to re requip my scanner after EVERY  melee attack (aka scan) is so dumb

Simaris is going to get no love from me untill this is fixed, thats for sure

Edited by PrismaCat

• 3 weeks later...