Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we have some focus reward for Ropalolyst, to make the transition for those looking to Eidolon Hunt smoother?

NaoEthelia

Nothing much, mind you. A nice chunk of around 10-15K focus shard per kill would be nice to have, and I think those are a fair reward given that Ropalolyst are quite easy to take down by themselves compared to Teralyst.

(Can we also have some Sentient Core drops, while we're at it?)

Edited by NaoEthelia
  • Like 3

I don't know about Focus (wouldn't be opposed), but the Ropalolyst should definitely drop at least a Flawless Sentient Core upon defeat. It is an Eidolon, after all. And while it's not not intended to be a Teralyst stand-in, thematically you'd expect some kind of connection.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

I don't know about Focus (wouldn't be opposed), but the Ropalolyst should definitely drop at least a Flawless Sentient Core upon defeat. It is an Eidolon, after all. And while it's not not intended to be a Teralyst stand-in, thematically you'd expect some kind of connection.

Agreed.

this fight is functionally irrelevant to actual eidolon hunts. lore-wise, i guess the drop would make sense. in terms of mechanics, this is just a scripted planet boss like all the others, the fight has nothing in common with eidolon hunts.

but if you're looking for 10k focus you could just run a single wave of ESO.

7 hours ago, sinnae said:

this fight is functionally irrelevant to actual eidolon hunts. lore-wise, i guess the drop would make sense. in terms of mechanics, this is just a scripted planet boss like all the others, the fight has nothing in common with eidolon hunts.

but if you're looking for 10k focus you could just run a single wave of ESO.

Nothing in common except you use void damage to knock down his shields multiple times then shoot his Synovia.
It doesn't have a lot in common, but there's definitely some there, and focus shards allow you to break the daily cap, and aren't reliant on specific lenses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylonus said:

Nothing in common except you use void damage to knock down his shields multiple times then shoot his Synovia.
It doesn't have a lot in common, but there's definitely some there, and focus shards allow you to break the daily cap, and aren't reliant on specific lenses.

That's what I was getting at, as well. While the Ropalolyst might not be a Cetus Raid Boss fight, it's clearly the same kind of creature in-storyline. It has Sentient shields, Eidolon Synovia and the same general flow to the fight: Break shields with Void Beam, shoot body part, repeat. I personally like having consistent rules in video games. So, if it's a Sentient, then it ought to drop a Sentient Core on defeat.

1 hour ago, TurboWonka said:

Fight takes around 5mins and posses no challenge, giving any sort of valuable reward is dumb.

You can say the same about the Eidolon Teralyst, yet that drops an Exceptional Sentient Core per Synovia, a Flawless Sentient Core and an Eidolon Shard when defeated, as well as a Brilliant Eidolon Shard when properly captured. Yes, the Ropalolyst is definitely easier and faster to kill, sure, but droping SOME of those rewards wouldn't be "dumb."

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TurboWonka said:

Fight takes around 5mins and posses no challenge, giving any sort of valuable reward is dumb.

People captured a Teralyst in 3-4 minutes yet it still rewards handsomely. An Arcane, Exceptional Sentient Core per Synovia, Flawless Sentient Core, Eidolon Shard and Brilliant Eidolon Shard.

And that's the point. Ropalolyst possesses barely any challenge which means its a perfect entry for the regular players to get into eidolon hunting in general. The main criticism of Eidolon Hunts have always been its relatively high entry gate and making Ropalolyst the entry bar is a perfect solution for that.

Edited by NaoEthelia
  • Like 2

After under an hour of farming the Ropalolyst, I now have all of Wisp's components, and all of its Amalgam mods. I no longer have any reason to touch the fight ever again. Having the Ropalolyst drop a bunch of Flawless Sentient cores, plus maybe some mini-Focus shards, could be an excellent alternative to Focus farming from Tridolons or ESO, for those just wanting to farm Focus in bite-sized chunks, so I wholeheartedly support the OP's proposal.

Personally, I'm opposed to getting shards/focus from this fight. It can be solo speedrun (speedran?) very efficiently, probably about 5-6min per run, which might make it ultimately a better source of shards than eidolons since there is no time-of-day restriction. Besides, they're "eidolon" shards, and ropalolyst is technically not an eidolon (it's a sentient, but that's not the same thing).

However, I would be agreeable with it dropping intact sentient cores. There's a well-known Quills roadblock that you need cores to unlock a good amp, but you need a good amp to hunt eidolons to farm cores. Ropalolyst cores would help to break this catch-22, but it wouldn't take over eidolons entirely because eventually you'll need eidolon shards to rank up.

2 hours ago, AKTKWNG said:

Personally, I'm opposed to getting shards/focus from this fight. It can be solo speedrun (speedran?) very efficiently, probably about 5-6min per run, which might make it ultimately a better source of shards than eidolons since there is no time-of-day restriction. Besides, they're "eidolon" shards, and ropalolyst is technically not an eidolon (it's a sentient, but that's not the same thing).

The patch note referred the Ropalolyst as a flying eidolon, though. But it's up to DE on which direction they want to take the new boss in.

2 hours ago, AKTKWNG said:

However, I would be agreeable with it dropping intact sentient cores. There's a well-known Quills roadblock that you need cores to unlock a good amp, but you need a good amp to hunt eidolons to farm cores. Ropalolyst cores would help to break this catch-22, but it wouldn't take over eidolons entirely because eventually you'll need eidolon shards to rank up.

Agreed completely. Perhaps make it drop a flawless core per kill instead and one exceptional core per Synovia to make farming Ropalolyst worthwhile.